Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junye

Semper Fedelis 2007

Hmmm it seems that the screeding was done too quickly.

My ID's tiling man didnt get to coordinate with the HDB screeding ppl.

Geesh. Mainly becos i didnt write the contractor number on the screeding form. = /

*Worry*

so the floor won't be very even ?

ID was assuring that there won't be much of a problem. and will check how the screeding is done on saturday.

Hmmm how? haaa can ask the hdb to rescreed again?

:sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually if the ID is nice, they can help to level the screeding lor.. if u ask hdb pple to come back quite troublesome lor..

but can try lor.. maybe ask ur ID again first? :sport-smiley-004: if they say HBD should do proper job, then request from HBD lor

Hmmmm actually havent see the screeding yet. dunnoe is it ok.

probably that has to let my ID decide.

It was a busy weekend for us.

Saturday was an early one.

gotta wake up early to meet up with the SP services guy.

Was told by him that the town council guys has tapped on our water and electrical while they did their checks/repairing or screeding. Then he went on to grumble on them.

One task down. Power and Water up.

Problem no. 1

Went to the kitchen to inspect around and my neighbour upstairs decides to bathe in the common toilet.

Alright my big pipe starts to leak. Arghhh! and the other big pipes got stains.

And renovation was supposed to start on Monday. My ID will be real upset.

Went down to HDB town council to report. They informed us that the problems need to rectified before renovation can start. :P

Went to Gain City to change my Samsung N71 to Sharp Aquos LC-42PX5M.

LC_42PX5M_FA.jpg

Read up the reviews and found it much better. Paid 3499 in total. free gifts include hd box and 300 taka voucher and 3(sharp) + 2(gain city) warranty.

TV buying down. $$$ expenses up.

Went back to new flat to meet up with ID and the aircon man. Told him about the leakage and that he might need to postpone the renovation. Can see his face rather shocked. After some negotiations, he promised to get his plumber to fix it up and told me to cancel the hdb repair. Well that's good for us i guess. ID also mentioned to us that he will be changing our pipes to steel ones. cos the pvc looks orrrr biang.

Aircon guy comes along. Haaa it's weird that the aircon guy is ignoring Ms Vainpot. Doesnt want to answer her questions. My ID answers for him instead. The air con guy onli wants to talk to Mr Nua. Ms Vainpot gives me :good: look. After a while, discussions are done and the air con trunking are decided. Seems that there will be some ugly aircon trunking that will be seen in WIW room and the MBR. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Next Mr Nua needs to make a decision on which brand. Mitsubishi or Toshiba. Seems that the compressor of Toshiba is stronger and more powerful than Mitsubishi. Pricewise they are about the same price.

Toshiba 3680, Mitsubishi 3700. We had to take up an System 4 Invertor unit.

Ms Vainpot decides she wants a Mitsubishi. My ID laughs and commented to the air con guy that youngsters like the more branded ones.

So in the end the configuration is 2x18 + 2x10 + Compressor (28). :P My thought was the pricing was quite reasonable. Ermmm but i think i forget to ask about the warranty and the more technical aspects of aircon trunking like what cables will be used. Think at least must ask my ID about that on Monday. Mr Nua is known to be a muddlehead. (so says Ms Vainpot)

The electrician comes in next. Rambles on alot on the technical details with my ID. could only catch 3/4 of what he saying. Electrician seems to be only interested in talkin to my ID.

They only pause to ask if Mr Nua needs extra electrical points when needed. Then they ramble on again.

The electrician will provide lights for the feature wall, cove lights and false ceiling. Also need to change all the switches in the house to 'designer' switches. Gee sound so poser the name. it's actually the huge switches instead of the small switch that hdb provides.

Was a little taken back by the bill when quoted. Ms Vainpot came in and asked for a discount. so in total it was another 3.1k. The designer switches and socket plugs actually cost 700+. wow.

Better to invest now than later.

So ended the talk with my ID and electrician and went to have early dinner.

Edited by MerCury

Actually the previous week, we had been to alot of furniture malls.

Because our concept was modern minimalist, there will be no woody stuffs.

Places and brands we went down last week. (that i can remember... Ms Vainpot can add on if she remembers anymore)

1. IMM

2. OM

3. Mondi - Short listed one dining table and a few dining chairs. thought the chairs are quite cheap.

4. Massimmo - Sofas are pretty nice. 2.6k above.

5. Cellini - Shortlisted 1 sofa as No. 3. Shortlisted one dining table but same table as Ms Vainpot's fren.

6. Ubi Tech Park (i think)

7. Park Mall (Air Division and the rest) - Didnt asked the price at Air. sofa are quite nice!

8. Lush - Shortlisted two sofas. No. 1 and No. 2

9. Harvey Norman Furniture at Millenia Walk.

10. Furniture Mall

12. Plunkton - We liked one sofa that looks super good not comfortable but it's like 2.9k.

Still got quite a few but i dun remember the names.

So today we went furniture searching again.

Went Sungei Kudut and was pretty unfruitful

1. NOVA Furnishing.

2. Star Furniture Group

3. And another couple that i dun remember.

Next went down nearer to town.

Hardly anticipated that Mr Nua will bring Ms Vainpot on an expensive furniture excursion.

4. Le Mercier (Mohd Sultan) - looks so expensive that it kills. haa one furniture already cost 27k. only stayed there for less than 10 mins.

Side track abit, we went to TCC to have some snacks. The oreo milkshake and the Peach me up is nice.

and the dessert is sinful! alright let's continue on....

5. SanCal - Give up trying to find it

6. Life Storey @ Great World City . Saw a nice sofa. 5.2k. :good:

7. Vhive @ GWC - Hmmm nothing fantastic. (still went in another furniture shop but not worth mentioning)

Alright we stopped for a while.

Went to Best Denki. Mr Nua loves to compare prices so decides to check up on his LCD tv.

they are selling 3399. 400 Best Denki voucher. so that's 2999. plus all the agent gifts and a sharp dvd player.

So the difference is 70 bucks plus a sharp DVD player. On the other hand 2 additional yrs warranty is given by GainCity.

Ms Vainpot is pretty unhappy and we flyyyyyyyyyyy all the way to Ang Mo Kio. The salesman tries to appease us and manage to convince us that they will match their offer if we didnt want the 2 additional yrs warranty worth $430. Told us that he will have to ask his big lady boss for approval. Did mentioned that the Sharp dvd player will be a little tricky to supply us though. will give me an answer tomorrow.

Hmmm :P still uncertain if we should take the 2 extra yrs warranty. (unlimited repairs, if cannot repair will replace a new value equivalent set, so claims GainCity)

What do you guys think?

wah...so busy huh...

be careful about the faults in the house. try to get hdb to rectify them, at least they will wont close shop and aviod(tai chi).

hmm interesting weekend.. wow 3.1K for the electrical? did i read wrongly? :dancingqueen: more designer type more expensive though

did u change a lot of points? or false ceiling with a lot of lighting points?

aircon is quite personal preference, depends on the branded ones.. sometimes is the ID/contractor have certain discounts for some brands zz hee hee so i have read about... not sure how far its true but sometimes u see why ID/contractor or even Sales man promotes some brands more then the others zz

well furniture is also another personal preference. i like mondi/star furniture.. not too expensive but the selection is limited.. OM is nice but price wise also just as nice.. :good:

others about there.. ceillini also not bad too price higher end... nice products there..

are u hacking the balcony? just to let u know the sofa size can be a problem for the living area if u remain ur balcony area.. for ours we cant have 3 seater sofa.. so maybe u might want to measure the area before settling on a big sofa... not sure whether u will have the same problem as us... zz just word of advise there..

happy reno~ zz

Hmmm i still thinking lor if 3 yrs is sufficient. Until now the Gaincity never called me back. Kaoz.

Got add quite a few points (how much is really alot of points? :dancingqueen: ) 3.1k for electrical alot? I dunnoe leh. What the norm? He say he will change just the normal 'designer' switches and provide the lights for cove lights, lights at the false ceiling and the feature wall and door bell.

The electrician also never ask me to sign anything or give me any proper quotations just a rough hand written quotation that was showed to me.

So how ppl. Any advice?

Oh Odie,

we are keeping the balcony door.

The original place we are using it for dining area.

The feature wall on the bomb shelter is used for hanging our tv. .

we are hacking down the Study room and replacing it with glass.

We are getting a 4 seater sofa.

I will post more pics when i get back home from work.

Edited by MerCury

Hmmm i still thinking lor if 3 yrs is sufficient. Until now the Gaincity never called me back. Kaoz.

Got add quite a few points (how much is really alot of points? :( ) 3.1k for electrical alot? I dunnoe leh. What the norm?

mine only 2.5k :dancingqueen:

23 light points

21 double socket + 3 SCV + 1heater+1aircon...etc.

hmm interesting weekend.. wow 3.1K for the electrical? did i read wrongly? :( more designer type more expensive though

did u change a lot of points? or false ceiling with a lot of lighting points?

aircon is quite personal preference, depends on the branded ones.. sometimes is the ID/contractor have certain discounts for some brands :) hee hee so i have read about... not sure how far its true but sometimes u see why ID/contractor or even Sales man promotes some brands more then the others :)

well furniture is also another personal preference. i like mondi/star furniture.. not too expensive but the selection is limited.. OM is nice but price wise also just as nice.. :P

others about there.. ceillini also not bad too price higher end... nice products there..

are u hacking the balcony? just to let u know the sofa size can be a problem for the living area if u remain ur balcony area.. for ours we cant have 3 seater sofa.. so maybe u might want to measure the area before settling on a big sofa... not sure whether u will have the same problem as us... :P just word of advise there..

happy reno~ :P

Odie,

talk abt balcony area, mi leaving it as it is. true enough, it'll be beri cramp to put my 3seater leather sofa. headache :dancingqueen:

ooo using the HHS as TV console area.. i guess that place will be ok.. since the "living area" becomes the dinning area.. wah 4 seater sofa.. *envy* mine sofa so small.. cannot stretch much :lol

hope to see pictures.. then odie spam more :P hee hee

yep bluberi, its a cramp area.. erh did Henry give u any suggestion for the problem? we also wanted to get 3 seater sofa but since we didnt move the SCV points and remain same place so we got a problem in getting bigger sofa too.. only can put extra ikea stools around the sofa area.. :dancingqueen:

Mace - erh double socket points more expensive then single right? or they charge the same pricing? :(

Oh mine got 35 pts.

provide all the lights and change switches lor.

haa i called my ID and he assured me that the price is ok.

mine only 2.5k :dancingqueen:

23 light points

21 double socket + 3 SCV + 1heater+1aircon...etc.

Edited by MerCury

Mace - erh double socket points more expensive then single right? or they charge the same pricing? :notti:

$10 more...doubles at $55, singles at $45.

Oh mine got 35 pts.

provide all the lights and change switches lor.

haa i called my ID and he assured me that the price is ok.

ya, one light point is around $30.00

35 x $30 already $1k+

I am changing everything too, including using all legrand switches.

legrand not designer...very common brand(good quality).