Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junye

Semper Fedelis 2007

I also dunnoe how designer is designer. haaaaaa.

it's those big big switches that u can hit down.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I also dunnoe how designer is designer. haaaaaa.

it's those big big switches that u can hit down.

ah..i have learn quite a lot of vocab since preparing for the reno. :yamseng:

i think hor, you are refering to big ROCKER switch.

what brand is the ID giving u?

Clipsal is one of the more expensive brand? if using colour type also more expensive..

others HDB using is ABB and another brand.. cant remember.. mine also cheap cheap one..

yeah light installation can cost 30 bucks, one lighting point is 10 bucks.. hahaha

double socket is the power plug right? brain dead liao.. :yamseng:

then switch cost? ..... depending on brand..

mine is 26 light points, heater switch, double switch, long tubes for false ceiling... etc most of the switch points hubby refused to move.. cost about 2k.. i find it already expensive... :P

what brand is the ID giving u?

Clipsal is one of the more expensive brand? if using colour type also more expensive..

others HDB using is ABB and another brand.. cant remember.. mine also cheap cheap one..

yeah light installation can cost 30 bucks, one lighting point is 10 bucks.. hahaha

double socket is the power plug right? brain dead liao.. :(

then switch cost? ..... depending on brand..

mine is 26 light points, heater switch, double switch, long tubes for false ceiling... etc most of the switch points hubby refused to move.. cost about 2k.. i find it already expensive... :P

some of those ayam brand sockets, you need to drink redbull to plug in and out.

as long as you got false ceiling/Lbox....many many light points.

me the meow type whom PUB hates.... :dunno:

My electrician bill is only $860 with designer switches! :dancing queen: But, no rewiring, same light points and own co-ordination ('cos not contractor's electrician).

sianz. our electrical bill abt $3.1K... no designer switches.

rewiring for whole house, 9 double, 9 single, 2 scv, 2 heater, 2 tel, 1 aircon, 31 lighting points...

I'm so angryyy man.

The stupid electrician gave me fung yip brand switches. den i told i wanted PDL.

I checked the prices and they are relatively the same. but i believe his profit margin is more.

I don't mind letting the electrician earn a bit but at least have the decency to change the brand of switches i wanted. (esp when i know hw much he is earning from the switches)

He actually have the cheek to tell me he had to charge me 100+ more.

so i tell him straight that i will buy and provide him the switches so ask him to tell how many kinds of switches i need. den he say he dunno.

Den i said "den hw u install?" den he simply give up a f* up answer say his men will bring up lots and install. rubbish.

So i told him to ask his men go up and check what kind of switches i need (35 of them) and den tell me den i go buy.

For info, PDL switches is 3dollars, 7 dollars and 11 dollars the last time i asked and the auntie still tell can have discount.

The electrician is charging 17 dollars for 1 switch. 8 dollars to install switches!8| . So that's like 9 dollars a switch? And Fung yip brand? PDL still must add more money? kaoz.

I think it's a big mistake to let him go ahead and further more supply my cove lights and false ceiling lights!

I take it as a lesson learnt. Next time i am going to engage an ID, i will have to compare the quotation of the electrician before i let them proceed.

I have thoughts of asking the electrician to stop all works and getting another electrician but i think it will affect the work progress on my ID part so decided to take it as an expensive lesson.

Edited by MerCury

Alright pics galore coming up.

Pictures after HDB Screeding.

IMG%20111.jpg

IMG%20112.jpg

IMG%20113.jpg

IMG%20114.jpg

Renovation started. 5 days into renovation.

IMG%20115.jpg

IMG%20116.jpg

IMG%20117.jpg

IMG%20118.jpg

IMG%20120.jpg

more to go...

IMG%20121.jpg

IMG%20122.jpg

IMG%20123.jpg

IMG%20124.jpg

IMG%20125.jpg

IMG%20134.jpg

IMG%20135.jpg

IMG%20137.jpg

IMG%20138.jpg

IMG%20139.jpg

Edited by MerCury

ooo is that miss vainpot? :(

the dirty hands on the wall is common...

they will tell u later going to paint so it will be disappear.. haha :P

looking good :)

I'm so angryyy man.

The stupid electrician gave me fung yip brand switches. den i told i wanted PDL.

I checked the prices and they are relatively the same. but i believe his profit margin is more.

tell him you will Fung WHIP his ***.....these cheapo china brands are the ones I said...need to drink redbull to plugin and plugout.

try to make noise with your ID...

ooo is that miss vainpot? :unsure:

the dirty hands on the wall is common...

they will tell u later going to paint so it will be disappear.. haha :(

looking good :)

omg thats me! gulp!

the stupid elect encounter is making us vexed! we wanted to close 1 eye and let him earn some profit and all we are asking for is our preferred brand of switch which is abt the same price as the one he's giving and he has the cheek to make us top up! earn such big margin liao still wan bigger margin! ROAR!

reno has been pretty ok and ID has been quite ok so far. *keeping fingers cross la* guess the only fault i can find with him so far is the electrician he recommended us.

pm us if any of you wana noe who is the electrician. AVOID at all costs!

i am the next block neighbour! !!

at least i saw my next door neighbour and they are moving in soon.. :sport-smiley-004:

:~ just request or bug ur ID to help u to change to ur desire switches.. that is what ur ID is for.. u paid so much for it.. :~

Edited by Odielim