Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

Since tomorrow is the handover day, we went to do a last minute inspection on the flat and realised alot of things still not rectify so I think tomorrow is not an auspicious day to take over.

Apart from mistake hunting, we went there to play with the lighting. Now my wall colours are all correct :furious:

ICI Dulux 3 in 1:

Living Room - Banyan Tree

Study Room - Timothy Hay

Master Bedroom - Doll House

Supporting Colour - White

renotalk_lightwalls.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys...

The whole place is looking good in the dark, cannot find mistake. When the light is on, we can spot so many things here and there. We even use torch light like a scavenger hunter to hunt for errors.

Edited by sumobear

I getting very paranoid and sick of renovation...my renovation has been on-going for 2 mths plus and still have not finished, so many things to rectify. Gosh...I need a break and have a chillout session. Supposed to do the handover last week but in the end I had bombed my contractor with a list of things-to-rectify and the handover date has to postpone to this coming friday. I am praying hard that I can get the flat ready by this friday because my furniture delivery is on the following day, saturday. I have to rush the cleaning before the things come in.

I am sick right now...probably due to lack of sleep and stress from my worries of the renovation.

I am going berserk already...fully loaded with gun powder. This week is supposed to be the 2nd attempt for the contractor to hand over the flat to me but we have another roadblock ahead of us. Supposed to have our washing machine delivered to our place yesterday and get our contractor to rectify our washing machine space because of a wrongly contstructed cabinet next to it, the electrical shop told us that they have forgotten to arrange for the delivery yesterday and will deliver it to us today but today the delivery guy called to inform that he is unable to send it today again. The delivery has missed 2 days and that means my contractor has to wait.

Why my renovation is continuing counting.....it has been 2 months, thats 60 days and still ++++++++++......GOSH!:D!! Please put this to an end, I can't take it! Then my furnitures are coming in this saturday to an incompleted unit. Hope the delivery can be postponed.

Can the deliveries be postphoned? Please take care, see if you can take a break for a day and do something different like sports... I was also on a really short fuse when co-ordinating my reno, purchases and deliveries, tenancy and kids; hubby commented that I was becoming very rude and loud like village bumpkin from a certain country... In times like this, I pray...

oh dear. it's very bad to feel like this

not just we suffer, pple around us also dun feel good :P

try to delay the delivery of the furniture

maybe you can say this sat not good date so ask them to postpone the delivery???

can't think of what to say except that

天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤

loosely translated, you are meant for bigger things. these are just obstables to test your will... :P

I have to pay for holding my delivery because of using their storage space and my contractor advised me not to accept the furnitures 1st as everyone involved doing up my home are in an unfriendly term, everyone is holding back each another. They may sabotage the furnitures if they are nasty.

What have I done to deserve all this? I pay out every cent for the things I want and I never even ask them to give me any freebies.

sigh, guess some of us will meet with this kind of 'road-block' during renovation bah

how much are you charged for the storage? if it's really ex maybe you want to consider renting those storage units to put everything inside

like i said loh, you are meant for bigger things loh

take these as a test of your will

it will all turn out fine, as long as you clear these road-blocks

imagine the amount of pride you can take in your new home when all the dust settled :dunno:

sigh, guess some of us will meet with this kind of 'road-block' during renovation bah

how much are you charged for the storage? if it's really ex maybe you want to consider renting those storage units to put everything inside

like i said loh, you are meant for bigger things loh

take these as a test of your will

it will all turn out fine, as long as you clear these road-blocks

imagine the amount of pride you can take in your new home when all the dust settled :dunno:

I am not sure about the charges but it is better to pay then to divert the delivery as I do not know how to send so much things up to my place where it is not a lift landing level.

Well...everyone has been telling me the theory of self-determination but what I am feeling right now is that I have undergo a very long and tiring journey of renovation. I have enough of it already. Everyday seem to be a struggle to move on as I am hoping that time will pass faster so I can have my new home. There are so many disappointments, one after another. Starting with the fake paint, cracking and popping cement floor, wrong size cabinet, wall cracking....everything seem to be major. Even after renovation, I also do not know if I feel good staying in a home with compromised renovation.

sumobear...i understand how u are feeling...please dun be discourage by all these setbacks...dun worried things will go fine...how much % have u hold back? Try to push them on this area....btw my bf who is nice nice guy during reno...he is v good w the ID :( ...always rebute whatever i commented on the bad workmanship..a bit of defects...end up he also got fedup with him....he sms him...."$ is not an issue, please get what need to be done, be DONE.":wub: ..Wah...guess what...the ID got a bit scared and start to recified stuffs...same when i threat him if he dun pass me the receipt, i will cancel the cheq(he got the cheq during weekends..and he promise to pass to me on the following day...end up i wait and wait), he sms me immediently