Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

Well...I have thought of that but I have busted my budget so there are some furnitures which I have to KIV for a while and they are like the side tables. Must get a good side table to match the Kartell light or else it will spoil the design of the lighting...

Mean while I am trying to DIY a table from a retro chair base and hopefully it will turn our nice. Hoping to place the light on that table.

Cool!:D Reali admire the way u haf put ur hme together n the efforts u guys haf put in!:unsure: Cant wait to see the final complete picture....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Cool!:D Reali admire the way u haf put ur hme together n the efforts u guys haf put in!:unsure: Cant wait to see the final complete picture....

Thanks for the compliments... :(

Everyone wants their home to be a nice and cozy one. We know what we want for our home so we have to put in more effort to achieve it.

lurve the lamp! very classy ... looks pricey too... Heh...

btw hw much did u spend for ur reno?

The reno is about 26K excluding furnishing and fixtures.

Beside the essential furnitures, we had spent quite abit on home accessories like some prints for the walls. Bought some nice fabrics from PLUCK at Haji lane and mount onto canvas frames, and some photo frames from IKEA which we have no idea what to display yet. Everything look so cool....but the SAD thing is that 1 of the big IKEA frame cracked while I do framing, lousy quality!

reno_frames.jpg

Last saturday when we sent out table base for customisation at Tagore Lane, a huge banner hanging along the fence of a warehouse caught out attention and so we decided to take a peep to see if there is any good buy after breakfast since we have some time to spare before our next appointment. We got a fruitful purchase of some nice bowls and plates. :P

renotalk_ceramics.jpg

My side table for the living room has finally arrived and fits perfectly at a corner especially when I have my Kartell lighting placed on top. The side table is modified from a old tulip chair that is taken from my grandmother's home. My grandmother thinks that the chair is old and should be thrown away but I think it is a unpolished gem to me. The Kartell lighting is an advanced house-warming gift from my bosses...so happy!

home_living.jpg

wow sumobear your home really is :( !!

i really admire your courage and grit to pull through all the problems

and end up with a really really nice home anyone would be proud to own

:deal::) really love the fabric and the mood the lights provide :~:wub:

i love your plates!:D! love the nice designs on it.

and the fabric too. the brown trees matches ur home colour v well :D

thats the DIY table u made? cool :P how did u attach the glass onto the base of the chair?

wow sumobear your home really is :dribble: :dribble:

i really admire your courage and grit to pull through all the problems

and end up with a really really nice home anyone would be proud to own

:wub: :wub: really love the fabric and the mood the lights provide :wub: :wub:

Thanks for the compliment....it is true that we had a very tough time with renovation but luckily that most of the things are done to my specification. Cheers :)

Wah... nice paintings !!

Make me so tempted to go buy some and place it in my rooms.

How much does it cost??

Its not a painting...it is a fabric that we brought from PLUCK at Haji lane then I went to customise a wooden frame to stretch the fabric. The complete piece cost me about $120. I think it is cheaper than buying those paintings from gallery and in fact most of them are so ugly....

i love your plates!!!! love the nice designs on it.

and the fabric too. the brown trees matches ur home colour v well :)

thats the DIY table u made? cool :) how did u attach the glass onto the base of the chair?

Thanks for the compliments. Yah it is the so called DIY table but it is not DIY in the end because my boss helped me by getting one of the company's contractor to modify the base and mount the table top. The top is actually a kind of acrylic that look like glass. Supposed to charge me 200+ for the modification but my boss helped me to taichi the payment away :P

It is because of this table, it lead me to the warehouse that sells the plates. I was sending the table base to a factory around that area.

Today we have managed to doll up the day-bed area in our studyroom with some cushions and prints on the walls. We do not have much nice prints at the moment to mount yet so we temporary use the wrapping papers that our best friend bought for us from Vietnam.

reno_frames2.jpg

Ever since we started our renovation and shopping for home stuffs, we have started to be more calculative because there are too many things to buy with so little money. I cannot stand the emptiness of our home so we will try to get some budget accessories for our home.

home_living2.jpg

Another print for the walkway to the bedrooms and studyroom.

i love all the pictures/fabrics/paintings! can recommend me the shop that did the stretching of the fabric to frame it up? coz i'm looking for a big picture/fabric/painting for one of my walls but (1) cant find any i like (2) too expensive.

teach and show us more!

i love all the pictures/fabrics/paintings! can recommend me the shop that did the stretching of the fabric to frame it up? coz i'm looking for a big picture/fabric/painting for one of my walls but (1) cant find any i like (2) too expensive.

teach and show us more!

Hi Linda,

You can get fabrics at alot of places like the Chinatown market (Currently moved to Outram MRT), Peoples's Park Complex at Chinatown, Textile Centre at Beach Road, Arab street, Joo chiat and etc...When you are doing big prints, get fabrics with bigger motifs. If you want nice things, then have to travel more and explore places loh...sometimes it can be a fruitful trip or disappointing one. As for the stretcher frame, I did it at SAGA CITY in Bras Basah complex. You have to give them the specification to construct or else you can buy the readymade parts to join up the frame, you can also go to Art Friend. As for the mounting, we did it ourselves using staple gun. Hope my explaination helps but do feel free to ask if you have any question.