Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

thanks so much for the advice

initially i have no intention whatsoever to DIY anything

but looking at the way you do up your place, makes me really 'heart itchy' loh :thumbs up:

Well...I think it is good to DIY when you have the interest and time, and most importantly you can get something done that you may not find off the shelves. Hope to see your DIYs soon...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hehehe, won't be so fast leh

hopefully can start renovation in the next two weeks and move in before 13 Aug

after settle down then got time to DIY...

meantime i'll just satisfy myself by :thumbs up: over yours and mist's

Hi sumobear

like ur hse n ur creativity w the furnishings and deco...i tink for me hv to recover fr the first rd then decide whr to add..i guess it's a constant process

Hi sumobear

like ur hse n ur creativity w the furnishings and deco...i tink for me hv to recover fr the first rd then decide whr to add..i guess it's a constant process

Thanks for the compliment...:thumbs up:

I think we are the same as you, spent most of our $$$ on renovation. We are just buying small items and doing DIYs to decorate our home for the time being. Like what you said, it is a constant process to build up...

Another canvas is up for our master bedroom...it is a picture of our intials formed by wooden blocks played by children. After putting up the print, our room feels like a playroom now...haha

:thumbs up: told my hubby, we must go find fabric and diy! just now he was packing the tool box and wanted to throw away the old staple gun say no use! heng, i kept it! hehe.. hope got something to show u all soon too.

:lol: told my hubby, we must go find fabric and diy! just now he was packing the tool box and wanted to throw away the old staple gun say no use! heng, i kept it! hehe.. hope got something to show u all soon too.

Haha...have I just whipped up a trend of fabrics on frames in Renotalk? :jawdrop:

Have fun but be careful when handling the staple gun. I use industrial staple gun to tack my prints on to the frame, it is stronger.

Haha...have I just whipped up a trend of fabrics on frames in Renotalk? :jawdrop:

Have fun but be careful when handling the staple gun. I use industrial staple gun to tack my prints on to the frame, it is stronger.

industrial one bigger?

actually u and mist can conduct classes for us? u do fabric frames class. she do sewing and painting class! can anot? i would really love to attend and learn a thing or two. :lol: maybe $10 per person la, then provide some refreshments and lots of entertainment! hehe.

industrial one bigger?

actually u and mist can conduct classes for us? u do fabric frames class. she do sewing and painting class! can anot? i would really love to attend and learn a thing or two. :P maybe $10 per person la, then provide some refreshments and lots of entertainment! hehe.

oh i love the inventor of staple guns! make everything so much simpler. just TAK TAK TAK and all done!

i upholstered my DIY headboard using staple guns too.

Hehe no need lessons one la. so paisey to collect money from a fellow forummer. if u intersted in DIYing some of the things i did just let me know. i'll see if i can post a step by step picture guide lor.

The staple gun that I am using can load bigger and thicker kind of staple bullet...it will hold better when you tack heavier objects together. DIY is trial and error most of the time but do plan before you start or else there maybe material wastage. I will try to take some pictures when I do the next canvas...out hands are busy with the prints and frames and there is no one around to help us take picture.

hi how much would a stapler gun cost?

maybe i should get one so that i can mount some fabric :)

You can go to a hardware shop or art & craft shop to buy one and the price range is between $12-$20+. I am using a staple gun borrowed from office that costed about $40+ that can also tack thin craft wood together.

AIM CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU FIRE!

Beside the essential furnitures, we had spent quite abit on home accessories like some prints for the walls. Bought some nice fabrics from PLUCK at Haji lane and mount onto canvas frames, and some photo frames from IKEA which we have no idea what to display yet. Everything look so cool....but the SAD thing is that 1 of the big IKEA frame cracked while I do framing, lousy quality!

reno_frames.jpg

Last saturday when we sent out table base for customisation at Tagore Lane, a huge banner hanging along the fence of a warehouse caught out attention and so we decided to take a peep to see if there is any good buy after breakfast since we have some time to spare before our next appointment. We got a fruitful purchase of some nice bowls and plates. :D

renotalk_ceramics.jpg

My side table for the living room has finally arrived and fits perfectly at a corner especially when I have my Kartell lighting placed on top. The side table is modified from a old tulip chair that is taken from my grandmother's home. My grandmother thinks that the chair is old and should be thrown away but I think it is a unpolished gem to me. The Kartell lighting is an advanced house-warming gift from my bosses...so happy!

home_living.jpg

i like your wall colour too can PM me the color code. its green col right?

Oppss.. Sorry click too fast.

:( jus wan to add thanks...

can the normal staple gun go through wood?

thinking of DIYing a cat tree for my babies but need to hold the pieces of wood together

one more question, any idea where to get this item?

it's the wooden core of those cable rolls. basically it looks like a pole with flat top and bottom, used to coil the cable around to transport them around...

oh i love the inventor of staple guns! make everything so much simpler. just TAK TAK TAK and all done!

i upholstered my DIY headboard using staple guns too.

Hehe no need lessons one la. so paisey to collect money from a fellow forummer. if u intersted in DIYing some of the things i did just let me know. i'll see if i can post a step by step picture guide lor.

i think after i finish my own part time studies this nov then i've lots of time, i want to learn sewing, can? hehe, then i can sew my own cushion covers. :notti: hope we all still around or maybe renotalk is dominated by the next batch of renovators. :D

ey, TAK TAK TAK sounds dangerous can. my hubby wanted to throw away initially coz he say dangerous. :notti: he die die wanted me to throw so i said ok lo. but i kept it la. since its a small item and u never know it comes in handy. keke.. now got potential to use liao!

The staple gun that I am using can load bigger and thicker kind of staple bullet...it will hold better when you tack heavier objects together. DIY is trial and error most of the time but do plan before you start or else there maybe material wastage. I will try to take some pictures when I do the next canvas...out hands are busy with the prints and frames and there is no one around to help us take picture.

haha, maybe u can video tape it now on a stand and youtube it! :D or u jio us go watch u live in action la. hee..

Edited by LinDa

think we'll still be hanging around lah

me thinking of picking up crochet :notti:

so shall we organise handicraft outings where we share ideas of how to spruce up our nests?