Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

hi bubblepearl.. tink ur bf and mine can sit one room liao. my FH also so nice. everytime he tell me to be patient one.

sumobear.. i understand just a little of hw u feel (my start of reno is already delayed by 7 days) but I know that u can get through this. look towards ur FW, family and frens for support.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am not sure about the charges but it is better to pay then to divert the delivery as I do not know how to send so much things up to my place where it is not a lift landing level.

Well...everyone has been telling me the theory of self-determination but what I am feeling right now is that I have undergo a very long and tiring journey of renovation. I have enough of it already. Everyday seem to be a struggle to move on as I am hoping that time will pass faster so I can have my new home. There are so many disappointments, one after another. Starting with the fake paint, cracking and popping cement floor, wrong size cabinet, wall cracking....everything seem to be major. Even after renovation, I also do not know if I feel good staying in a home with compromised renovation.

Hi Bro so long didnt come to ur thread, nvr knw turn out to be like tat. ;) I understand hw u feel during ur process veri tiring, helpless and keep asking myself why i so unlucky especially chasing those contractors. :wub: But wat can you do so U & Mrs Sumobear MUST work it out together and cross all the obstacles, u guys really have to pull urselves together and make your dream hse. :(

Ur contractor maybe right if ur furniture moved in they might damage or get stolen, then it will be even more headach, why not call up the furniture shop and tell them the story and hopefully can postpond few weeks. For my case my dinning table had been laying in the warehse for four months and I even postpond a few times.

I love ur wall painting colors. ;)

Ooink_gal, :wub: , think my bf cannot stand me nag nag nag..at him...so he blow up at him...he say what guys' tactic....bro bro hood w him...so he can work better... :( yeah...and i am the bad guy lor!

Sumobear...btw, my completion date suppose to be last week...but he is not done yet..and he told me that he will handover this sat...i just told him:" Well, i have not recify yet." He say:" i nvr force u to takeover, it is up to u." now...he sms my bf and say...:" dun like that leh...make my job difficult leh." ;) feel like wack him!

Hi sumo, cheer up! :wub: dont let this dispair u! as for the furniture delivery, how can they charge u for storage!:(!! already earn so much from u still charge u the extra!!

I think , instead of letting the furniture company charge u for storage, why dont u clear out 1 room in ur home (1 that is acceptable and can be handed over... ), and store all ur furniture there first. lock up the room so that contractors cant go in. when the house is ready for handover, then just ask them to help u move it out to the living, kitchen etc..

There was a news on TV last weekend talking about renovation matters in Singapore, a couple had engaged a renovation company with the some "Service Trust" trademark to renovate their home but the renovation just cannot complete after 1 year because of alot of problems. I think the couples went to RADAC and CASE to report but the time just keep on snowballing. The female owner claimed that she cannot function properly in her normal day life because of the stress and worries from the renovation.

Managing contractor is not easy, it is really a great pain. So far I am the one being both the nice and bad guy and I find the stress is tremendously high as I need to work extra hard to check on the renovation, do more research on material used, think of how to counter his mind game. I think nobody will really understand the feelings that I have until he or she experienced it.

This week supposed to be a smooth sailing week to the hand over but it is all because of a delivery error, everything got jammed up and went into a chaotic state again. Sigh...I thought my worries will be over but now I have to sort out the delivery problems to avoid too much of $$$ damage and the next headache matter will be the human factor, contractor and workers are very unhappy and had quarrelled because they cannot complete the job as planned and have to keep on coming back to rectify. The issue is who to blame? It is themselves who caused all the initial problems and lead to more problems. Is it my fault for making a delivery error or them who caused the problem indirectly? It's a blame game right now...

Hi sumo, cheer up! :wub: dont let this dispair u! as for the furniture delivery, how can they charge u for storage!:(!! already earn so much from u still charge u the extra!!

I think , instead of letting the furniture company charge u for storage, why dont u clear out 1 room in ur home (1 that is acceptable and can be handed over... ), and store all ur furniture there first. lock up the room so that contractors cant go in. when the house is ready for handover, then just ask them to help u move it out to the living, kitchen etc..

How I wish that I can have 1 completed room, every room has things to rectify. Most of my furnitures are from IKEA so they have a grace period of 2 weeks of storage from the day of order and the time is almost up, after that the penalty will be by daily charges which I think is not cheap. Now we just have to pay $10 for a change of delivery date to next tuesday and hopefully the flat will be completed by.

My contractor is not picking up my call and never call back also. sigh....at work but no mood to work.

Edited by sumobear

Hi Sumobear,

Just read your Blog. Sorry to hear all your unfortunate issues. Hope everything turn out good at the end. You & Ms Sumobear really have strong determination & strength since the start of your reno. Keep it up.

Any chance you can find a relatives or friends where you can put some of your furniture delivery for a short time until all your reno sorted out?

Cheers

Hi Sumobear,

Just read your Blog. Sorry to hear all your unfortunate issues. Hope everything turn out good at the end. You & Ms Sumobear really have strong determination & strength since the start of your reno. Keep it up.

Any chance you can find a relatives or friends where you can put some of your furniture delivery for a short time until all your reno sorted out?

Cheers

Hi to all,

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I just have to pick up the bits and pieces myself and take a step at a time right now. Just got an update from my contractor that he is targetting to hand over to me on next tuesday and I hope it is really a handover, 3rd attempt. That is the day that people will come and link up the gas piping and also my delivery from IKEA. Most importantly it is Ms Sumobear's birthday. Hope that it is a good day.

Lifestyle - I do not wish to divert my delivery as I had ordered quite a lot of stuffs and do not want to incurr extra cost on delivery.

Ooink_gal, :notti: , think my bf cannot stand me nag nag nag..at him...so he blow up at him...he say what guys' tactic....bro bro hood w him...so he can work better... :bangwall: yeah...and i am the bad guy lor!

Sumobear...btw, my completion date suppose to be last week...but he is not done yet..and he told me that he will handover this sat...i just told him:" Well, i have not recify yet." He say:" i nvr force u to takeover, it is up to u." now...he sms my bf and say...:" dun like that leh...make my job difficult leh." :notti: feel like wack him!

Well...sad to say that we are the unfortunately experienced ones.

sumobear...did u sign any contract with them whereby there is an late handover they will need to compensate u? I did sign RADAC form...whereby if late handover, they will need to pay $500 per week.

sumobear...did u sign any contract with them whereby there is an late handover they will need to compensate u? I did sign RADAC form...whereby if late handover, they will need to pay $500 per week.

Erm...no such clause. You renovation company did provide you with this benefit? Or it is a standard for all renovation?

Erm...no such clause. You renovation company did provide you with this benefit? Or it is a standard for all renovation?

Depend not all renovation company got such clause. For us dont even remember wat we signed.

I signed a similar clause with my contractor - $1800 per month after the contract handover date (2 months, just in case) for rental. But, the contractor finished within 1 month, as promised. Thought I was really quite kiasi and am pleasantly surprised that Bubblepearl signed a similar clause.

Another suggestion regarding the washer base: generally the standard size of washer is 60cm by 60cm or 24 in by 24 in. If your washer dimension is special, why don't you go the best denki or courts to get the dimensions and rectify the base based on the dimensions. Don't actually have to wait for the actual washer to be there. Just have to take note that the outlet pipe for front load washer is high about 30-40 cm from the base while the outlet pipe for top load is only about 1 or 2 inch from the base. Good luck and best wishes!

I signed a similar clause with my contractor - $1800 per month after the contract handover date (2 months, just in case) for rental. But, the contractor finished within 1 month, as promised. Thought I was really quite kiasi and am pleasantly surprised that Bubblepearl signed a similar clause.

Another suggestion regarding the washer base: generally the standard size of washer is 60cm by 60cm or 24 in by 24 in. If your washer dimension is special, why don't you go the best denki or courts to get the dimensions and rectify the base based on the dimensions. Don't actually have to wait for the actual washer to be there. Just have to take note that the outlet pipe for front load washer is high about 30-40 cm from the base while the outlet pipe for top load is only about 1 or 2 inch from the base. Good luck and best wishes!

Mrs Sumobear had ordered the washing machine long time ago and I have informed my contractor the exact specification of the washing machine before he construct the cabinet but in the end he came out with some special effect, wrong size! Ask him to rectify but he keep pushing me aside and ask me to bring in the washing machine 1st so he can measure accurately. I do not understand his theory and why can't he work things out based on my specification.