Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

I am very eager to see my finished floor but when I popped by to check on the renovation status, I only see a floor of mushy cement and there is no way that I can walk in to the flat to explore further more. Rang up my contractor to check on the renovation status and I was informed that the resident staying below my unit complained that his ceiling is having some water stain and renovation was suspended for a while by HDB in the afternoon. I am kind of worried with the situation but my contractor told me that the problem will be taken care by helping my neighbour paint the ceiling. Do not know if it is the appropriate way to solve the problem and whether should I pop by my neighbour's place to apologise for the problem caused....what should I do? Is the situation safe?

Hi Sumo! yea i think u shd pop by to maintain good neighbourly relations. but don be surprised if she complain and complain coz alot of singaporeans are like dat. :sport-smiley-003: Seen plenty of unfriendly neighbours when i was living in my parents place. just entertain them abit lor.

My parents' place had the same problem when my neighbour upstairs finished renovating the flat and was doing acid wash and cleaning. Their contractor did the same thing.. helped us paint our ceiling. For your case i think maybe u wanna check where the water is coming from and what caused it? just make sure its not due to leaky pipe and the kitchen and toilets are properly waterproofed:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Sumo! yea i think u shd pop by to maintain good neighbourly relations. but don be surprised if she complain and complain coz alot of singaporeans are like dat. :sport-smiley-003: Seen plenty of unfriendly neighbours when i was living in my parents place. just entertain them abit lor.

My parents' place had the same problem when my neighbour upstairs finished renovating the flat and was doing acid wash and cleaning. Their contractor did the same thing.. helped us paint our ceiling. For your case i think maybe u wanna check where the water is coming from and what caused it? just make sure its not due to leaky pipe and the kitchen and toilets are properly waterproofed:)

Hi,

Okie thanks for the advice. We wanna go and knock at my neighbour's door to check the status but we are also scared that we will kena scolding. Probably we will pop by over the weekend.

Bro I think u shld pay a visit to ur neighbour, jus to make sure ur contractor do a good job and also build up the relationship. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi,

Okie thanks for the advice...

Hi,

Okie thanks for the advice. We wanna go and knock at my neighbour's door to check the status but we are also scared that we will kena scolding. Probably we will pop by over the weekend.

Hi,

Okie thanks for the advice...

Don be afaid kenna scolding jus put on a friendly smile, :P I think things can be solve. :sport-smiley-004:

Good Luck to u, in case u worry somemore maybe can put on a bulletproof vest. :)

Great Ideas ur wife will sure love it. :lol:

Well...I just hope she likes the idea. It is a nice project to keep all the memories but it is not easy to do as it requires alot of time and a couple has to constantly help to document the process of happenings of each another like the bride trying her gown and the groom trying his suit. Lots of photos have to be compiled. If it is a 1-sided interest then I do not think it is worthwhile.

Nothing much to blog about my renovating home...the workers are still doing the floor.

From day 1 we got our flat till today, we have been constantly doing plenty of brainstorming and researching of the things that we want to do for our home and in the midst of searching for ideas and solutions, I have realised about currently on-going trend and coming soon trend of home styling. I find that most Singapore modern homes are commercially driven and formulated because many people will want a feature wall for their wall mounted TV console, standard home themes like zen or resort, wall murals and furnitures styling. Even ourselves are being sucked into the commercial ideas whenever we flipped a local interior magazines.

Books are piling up in my room and getting messy but they are the source of fresh ideas from overseas. Hopfully that I am able to create a deconstructed style or so called the "Eclectic Style" for my home so that we are not so constraint to the things that we want to get for our home in the future.

reno_books.jpg

Nothing much to blog about my renovating home...the workers are still doing the floor.

From day 1 we got our flat till today, we have been constantly doing plenty of brainstorming and researching of the things that we want to do for our home and in the midst of searching for ideas and solutions, I have realised about currently on-going trend and coming soon trend of home styling. I find that most Singapore modern homes are commercially driven and formulated because many people will want a feature wall for their wall mounted TV console, standard home themes like zen or resort, wall murals and furnitures styling. Even ourselves are being sucked into the commercial ideas whenever we flipped a local interior magazines.

Books are piling up in my room and getting messy but they are the source of fresh ideas from overseas. Hopfully that I am able to create a deconstructed style or so called the "Eclectic Style" for my home so that we are not so constraint to the things that we want to get for our home in the future.

reno_books.jpg

Wah Bro can really see u put in alot of efforts into research. :(

Cant wait to see some different kind of new design especially the wall mounted TV console. :dancingqueen:

I love design books...it keeps my creativity on-going and broaden my design knowledge of the overseas. I think I am able payoff a decent stack of floor tiles with the amount spent on books. Now very broke already, do not know if I have the budget to get a wall-mounted tv. Probably I will put up a sign on my wall stating "Space reserved for TV" until I have the $$$....hehe

Tomorrow will be the hand-over day but I am kind of worried taking over because there are still some minor things not rectify. Then my contractor is leaving his currently company after tomorrow and he claimed that he will follow up with things when he is at the new company. A lot of assurance has given to me but I can only trust him 50/50 after so many hiccups. I think I am taking it as a gamble right now. I did warned him that if he wants continued business from my thread, he better complete all my things properly before I release the future customer list to him. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Among all the incomplete tasks, the most critical will be the washing maching slot which his worker has mis-calculated and made the compartment smaller which I do not think my washing machine is able to go in.

Wat future customer list??? !!

Have u release the final payment to him yet? U better hold some b4 he eat his words.

Last payment is due tomorrow...I am thinking whether to deduct some out. He kept bugging me to take over the flat so that his boss will allow him to move on to the next company next monday.

Future client list meaning introducing more people to engage his service. On top of that, he seems quite happy with the overall color scheme and lighting arrangement that I have come out with. Rather unconventional compare to other homes that he had done before, so I think he can use my home as a portfolio piece to create a contrast from his previous works.

Hi Sumo... I think you better hold some payment if work is not completed.. my take is that he will have problem following uo once he leave the company... workers, sub-con etc will be from his previos employer and he will have problem activating them.. he may ask for extra payment if use people from his new company... better to ask the present company for a poc to follow thru if work not completed...best of luck..

Have u visit ur neighbour yet? Any comment from them. :furious:

Yah I paid a visit...heard alot of complains but I am not sure if all the damages are relevant because the flat is 1st owner and is in a very bad state. They claimed that ceiling is leaking, pipe area leaking and a broken glass window. Their window is the 1st generation of HDB's, those that can be used as Mediacorp's Growing Up backdrop.

Questioned my contractor on what he wants to do about it and he claimed that he will get people to come back to paint after 1 month because he wants to monitor the water leakage and make sure everything is dried up before touching up.

Very questionable and fishy...

Hi Sumo... I think you better hold some payment if work is not completed.. my take is that he will have problem following uo once he leave the company... workers, sub-con etc will be from his previos employer and he will have problem activating them.. he may ask for extra payment if use people from his new company... better to ask the present company for a poc to follow thru if work not completed...best of luck..

Hi Ben,

Ohh yes I am definately going to hold some of the payment because I just came back from the site and spotted alot of errors. Blasted my contractor with a list of things to rectify and his voice is shivering when he answer me. His panic button is pushed. I feel so wicked...hehe

Tomorrow is another round, do not know who will stay alive...either him or me. So please tune in to the next episode of Love Odyssey...thats all folks!