Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Anyone got small living but big TV screen? Will get giddy anot har? Help!

i dun tink so leh. my fren's house is quite small (a 4 room) but he has a 42" plasma TV. So far I sit on sofa and watch it, seems okay to me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
nope, i don't have lei, was flipping through them in borders.. hehe.. and i forgot which one is it - home & decor or square rooms coz i read both of them when i was there.. :D that homeowner's ID was quite creative and really like the cats' house instead of her house, i think she has 5 cats.. haha, so good, meow and it shall be given!!

sure, i ask tomorrow, will let you know ok.. :dancingqueen:

then i shall go down to borders and take a look also :P

in need of some ideas how to make my cats' life more interesting...

i dun tink so leh. my fren's house is quite small (a 4 room) but he has a 42" plasma TV. So far I sit on sofa and watch it, seems okay to me.

really ar?? his sofa very near the tv?? got less than 3m?? i really like the hitachi plasma design lor - simple and sleek.. :)

then i shall go down to borders and take a look also :notti:

in need of some ideas how to make my cats' life more interesting...

have u seen the magazine yet?? :notti:

haha ! i nvr measure less than 3m or not leh. but his one is also hitachi plasma ! bt the slightly older model i tink

haha ! i nvr measure less than 3m or not leh. but his one is also hitachi plasma ! bt the slightly older model i tink

haha.. think most probably i sticking with the decision.. now i praying price DROP somemore!! !!

haha.. think most probably i sticking with the decision.. now i praying price DROP somemore!! :D

i help u pray.. cos in future i also wan to buy the hitachi plasma..haha ! FH loves it so much lor..

Upset!! Have informed Vincent about the sequence of my MBR wardrobe and some minor changes in moving some of the compartments but he totally forgot about it!! Now the wardrobe is up and not what I wanted.. He has promised to change it but I was so excited looking forward to my wardrobe and when I saw it, I was :dancingqueen:. Its was nothing very major so hubby says it ok, we can live with it but I told him 'we paid near $3K for that 10ft wardrobe you know, it definitely has to be what I want lor, if not everytime i see the wardrobe for the next 10 yrs, I'll be reminded of this mistake., and to think I was so looking forward to my kickass 10ft wardrobe of my dreams.' :sport-smiley-004: I hate double-working..

Upset!! Have informed Vincent about the sequence of my MBR wardrobe and some minor changes in moving some of the compartments but he totally forgot about it!! Now the wardrobe is up and not what I wanted.. He has promised to change it but I was so excited looking forward to my wardrobe and when I saw it, I was 8|. Its was nothing very major so hubby says it ok, we can live with it but I told him 'we paid near $3K for that 10ft wardrobe you know, it definitely has to be what I want lor, if not everytime i see the wardrobe for the next 10 yrs, I'll be reminded of this mistake., and to think I was so looking forward to my kickass 10ft wardrobe of my dreams.' :) I hate double-working..

Linda, I understand your frustration...me too looking fwd to my spray paint for all my floor tiles cos finally finishing soon and very excited to see how the final result would be like with the wall colour combined....but when i first laid eyes on it, i was like :dancingqueen::deal::P ...wasn't what i expected at all!:sport-smiley-004:

now we had to re-do the colour cos i cannot bring myself to accept that colour.....hate double work too....hate to rewind...i only like to fast forward....

Dun worry...since your ID has promised to change, i'm sure the result will be worth the wait 8|

Upset!! Have informed Vincent about the sequence of my MBR wardrobe and some minor changes in moving some of the compartments but he totally forgot about it!! Now the wardrobe is up and not what I wanted.. He has promised to change it but I was so excited looking forward to my wardrobe and when I saw it, I was :deal:. Its was nothing very major so hubby says it ok, we can live with it but I told him 'we paid near $3K for that 10ft wardrobe you know, it definitely has to be what I want lor, if not everytime i see the wardrobe for the next 10 yrs, I'll be reminded of this mistake., and to think I was so looking forward to my kickass 10ft wardrobe of my dreams.' :sport-smiley-004: I hate double-working..

dun be upset le.. impt thing is they change it asap..

i understand your concern, i also encounter similar issues. my contractor painted the wrong colour for my MBR. although is a small issue lah. :dancingqueen:

oh dear ! so sorry to hear abt the news.. well at least ur ID is gg to change it soon. looking forward to pics of it !

Upset!! Have informed Vincent about the sequence of my MBR wardrobe and some minor changes in moving some of the compartments but he totally forgot about it!! Now the wardrobe is up and not what I wanted.. He has promised to change it but I was so excited looking forward to my wardrobe and when I saw it, I was :furious:. Its was nothing very major so hubby says it ok, we can live with it but I told him 'we paid near $3K for that 10ft wardrobe you know, it definitely has to be what I want lor, if not everytime i see the wardrobe for the next 10 yrs, I'll be reminded of this mistake., and to think I was so looking forward to my kickass 10ft wardrobe of my dreams.' :furious: I hate double-working..

Well, maybe you can snap before and after double working pictures, and then you can point out the difference to your husband. :furious: When my carpenter made mistakes too, my husband also told me that it is so small difference can live with it... and plus that he did not notice the difference from the drawings. But to me it was a big difference, as I wanted a border around my bookshelves and the carpenter did not do it, so my shelves land up looking like something from my mother's era... :dancingqueen: And my husband did not notice, despite telling me all the way he understood what I wanted... And he say it in front of the carpenter some more, so with a hubby like that, how to change your carpentry works to the one in drawing, cause even 50% of the customer agree there is no difference. Makes me look like the bad guy in front of strangers. 8|

Wah... that is when we women get upset, cause we specify to them already what we want, some more have drawing to prove it, and then our own husband says no much difference when it means a whole world to us..

Hope your double work turns out well, then you will know it is worth changing it... rather than living with it and hating it for 10 years. :)

thanks to all for the consolation and sharing yr renovation boo-boos too! :dunno:

correct sequence of the wardrobe is written in yellow (coz i want my sections to be near the toilet :notti: now end up my hubby's section of wardrobe is nearest to the wardrobe, he heng lor that my plan backfired). the blue bars have been arranged to be installed. but i had added in the second yellow bar (too many clothes) and hence, ID have to remove the drawers rightfully coz no space.

:) anyways, decided to leave the sequence and not change it as i think its going to be very tricky to move it. don't want them damaging my wardrobe in the process which is worse. but i die die told my id i want that second hanging bar so i oso don't know if he is going to remove the drawers or what anot.

Wardrobe.jpg

my son's room wardrobe. i find it too big for him now lor coz his clothes are all so small and not many so wun occupy so much space. told my hubby just now 'ey, why not u use one of his wardrobe then i can have the mbr wardrobe ALL to myself'. :) haha.. he say i selfish. correct ma, more convenient for me right not, if not i have clothes here (mbr) and i have clothes there (son's rm), ma fan ma. :notti:

17052007010.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Tricky job of 'bringing' the water from its original source to my kitchen sink located on my extended kitchen worktop cum breakfast counter.

08052007010.jpg

08052007014.jpg

08052007012.jpg

08052007013.jpg

08052007011.jpg

Edited by LinDa

One of my most satisfied idea I gave to my ID is this feature wall + room divider + TV console. Actually I did not think of it myself la, another ID suggested this when I was sourcing for IDs and I really liked it. :P

My most most most proud part of this whole carpentry is having the front part to be straight so that it looks clean and simple whereas having the protuding part of the TV console behind the feature wall instead turning it into a ledge for me to put some decor/photo frames behind to spice up my study room.

My ID added in the shelves on the sides of the console so that its more functional.

Still unfinished, its supposed to be in black glass on the front and back with flowery laminated doors for the shelves doors to match my MBR wallpaper.

17052007006.jpg

17052007008.jpg

Looking forward to everything being completed next week (I hope). Sofa delivering on 25 May so ID working towards that date. He has arranged for partial cleaning on Friday so when I went yesterday to take a look, the place is pretty cleaned up. Nice! And ExCiTeD..

Edited by LinDa