Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

DSC02226.jpg

Inside my tiny kitchen looking out.

SP_A0120.jpg

The walls are gone! Yay~ :yamseng:

SP_A0121.jpg

The top part of the recess wall is being lengthened using the plasterboard or fibreboard or chipson board or wat (i dun noe le) at the top slightly so that can run lights inside. The inner surface of the recess wall will be wallpaper.

Chose all the wallpapers design last week. Actually I did not choose la, the ID showed me the 2 that he liked and I fell in love with both of them instantly. Hee.. :yamseng:

Edited by LinDa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sealy (number one selling), Simmons (popular among our generation) or King Koil (cheaper) mattress..

Any one have any comments??

I'm having a headache deciding which mattress to buy.. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Linda, I had similar problem choosing Bed too..maybe can recommend you to go see this shop at IMM. I bought mine there at a pretty good price $899..and the quailty also not bad..Level 3 - 22 along the road where alot of beds...Go take a look.. :sport-smiley-004::D

yup ! me agree with HiroX. just go along that stretch and tryout the beds. dun let them push u into buying. this investment might be even be more long lasting than a reno !

Hi Linda, I had similar problem choosing Bed too..maybe can recommend you to go see this shop at IMM. I bought mine there at a pretty good price $899..and the quailty also not bad..Level 3 - 22 along the road where alot of beds...Go take a look.. ;):(

hihi, wat brand, model and size mattress you buy? the shop unit is 3-22? is yr mattress hard, firm or soft? tks! :P

yup ! me agree with HiroX. just go along that stretch and tryout the beds. dun let them push u into buying. this investment might be even be more long lasting than a reno !

hee.. we went into sealy and simmons shop at imm le. but did not go into the rest. actually i try hor, i just sit on the bed lei. we also don't now how to try beds. even when i try to lie down for a while (1 min), honestly, i don't feel much difference between the beds. the sales person say must lie down maybe 30 mins then can feel the difference, siao, where i will wan to lie down on each bed for 30 mins.

me and hubby not scare of pushy sales people but feeling lost more on the price and hardness/firmness/softness of mattress we wan. i tink the softer the more expensive? is tat true?

i guess reno is more of we see but bed is we slp on it everyday so very impt. but i hope its not going to be a heavy investment, resources very tight already. 8|

Edited by LinDa

hihi, wat brand, model and size mattress you buy? the shop unit is 3-22? is yr mattress hard, firm or soft? tks! :P

The Shop name was UniSpring, Model not clear leh..Size is queen size and is is pocketed spring with Latex..Think is called sleep master...I actually also dunno how to chose..alot of things to look into..so i just jump into it and test it..its abit firm not hard..more to soft..quite nice..got one is 1400 but over my budget.. ;):(

The Shop name was UniSpring, Model not clear leh..Size is queen size and is is pocketed spring with Latex..Think is called sleep master...I actually also dunno how to chose..alot of things to look into..so i just jump into it and test it..its abit firm not hard..more to soft..quite nice..got one is 1400 but over my budget.. :P:notti:

i see i see. $899 is very affordable. tink tmr i go down again to that shop look see look see oso. tks for the recommendation ya. :D

but now i got another prob. we are customising a cushion bedhead so at first tinking of buying divan mattress set. den i told my ID its abt $1000+ for the divan only, he says he can custom a bed for us at $1000 but i tink he just went to chk with his carpenter again, it costs more even if he do for us at cost. so sad! :D so now on top of my mattress, i still got to go look for a bed. honestly, i don't really like divans. i prefer those really bed type. hais..

Edited by LinDa

Wah.. your house looks warm sia.. sunlight shining in.. :D

ya lor, the photos that you see sunlight beams on the floor/wall one is taken in the evening..

super hot!!

me and my hubby was saying that we must close all the windows and draw the curtains before leaving the house next time le..

ma fan hor..

i tink yr place no morning or afternoon sun right?? good wor..

Edited by LinDa

me and hubby not scare of pushy sales people but feeling lost more on the price and hardness/firmness/softness of mattress we wan. i tink the softer the more expensive? is tat true?

not really ah i tink. it all depends on ur needs. and the brand also :deal: .. hehe !

yah, u must lie down for a few minutes to see the difference. 30 mins too long lah.. where gt such time.. for me, i bought my mattress and bedframe during the expo. wah ! try so many "positions" eh .. :D

i sleep on bed then FH jump in :P . then FH sleep on bed then i jump in :notti: . also got we both on bed then one person keep tossing and turning :D see whether the other person can feel or not. haha !

check out the bedshop at robinson

aiming a storage half-leather headboard at $500 (queen) and with half-leather bedframe total is slight more than $900, can get 5% with robinson card somemore

not really ah i tink. it all depends on ur needs. and the brand also :deal: .. hehe !

yah, u must lie down for a few minutes to see the difference. 30 mins too long lah.. where gt such time.. for me, i bought my mattress and bedframe during the expo. wah ! try so many "positions" eh .. :D

i sleep on bed then FH jump in :P . then FH sleep on bed then i jump in :notti: . also got we both on bed then one person keep tossing and turning :D see whether the other person can feel or not. haha !

muahahaha.. i nv see anybody try bed so enthusiastically before lei.. :D

u mean u jump on the bed when u say 'jump in'?? keke..

i remember the simmons beauty rest advertisment where they throw the bowling ball then the person still can sleep without feeling anything one.. very effective advertisment, its the only one i can remember after so many yrs so maybe that's why their mattresses so expensive coz they spend a lot on marketing!!

so yr bed u buy hw from, which brand, what model and from where?? then when yr FH 'jump in' u can feel it??

check out the bedshop at robinson

aiming a storage half-leather headboard at $500 (queen) and with half-leather bedframe total is slight more than $900, can get 5% with robinson card somemore

all ronbinson got?? or which robinson u referring to??

actually hor, i ask har, buy mattresses if buy from courts, robinson this kind of places got more expensive anot?? i mean those brands like simmons, sealy, king koil etc..

u know like electrical appliances like samsung lcd tv etc, nv buy from courts, best denki, harvey norman coz its so much more expensive than if u buy from those neighbourhood shops coz their overheads is lower.. like my lcd tv, almost a good $300 cheaper lei..

Edited by LinDa

not sure about the others, i only know the centrepoint one

got almost half a floor dedicated to all things bed

mattresses, bed frames, bed sheets, comforter etc

you name it and most prob they've got it :)

ya lor, the photos that you see sunlight beams on the floor/wall one is taken in the evening..

super hot!!

me and my hubby was saying that we must close all the windows and draw the curtains before leaving the house next time le..

ma fan hor..

i tink yr place no morning or afternoon sun right?? good wor..

no morning.. afternoon, come and go, abit here and there in 2 small rooms. No suns in mbr and living room.

:)

muahahaha.. i nv see anybody try bed so enthusiastically before lei.. :)

u mean u jump on the bed when u say 'jump in'?? keke..

i remember the simmons beauty rest advertisment where they throw the bowling ball then the person still can sleep without feeling anything one.. very effective advertisment, its the only one i can remember after so many yrs so maybe that's why their mattresses so expensive coz they spend a lot on marketing!!

so yr bed u buy hw from, which brand, what model and from where?? then when yr FH 'jump in' u can feel it??

all ronbinson got?? or which robinson u referring to??

i bought Simmons lor ! that's why must try until like that... cos i also remember the commercial ! haha ! :D

we tested Sealy at Harvey Norman Millenia the other time which was quite good. During Expo also tried the Serta (actually I just like the cute sheep lah...) and the Simmons. All is comfortable and we really love one from Serta but then when move, the other person can really feel leh.

I bought the Simmons Charleston Beautyrest with Bedframe from Ackerman. When jump quite hard of cos can feel but when toss and turn, very little to almost nothing depending on the movements. It's good for me lah cos FH always sleep later than I do and I dun wan to be disturbed.

actually hor, i ask har, buy mattresses if buy from courts, robinson this kind of places got more expensive anot?? i mean those brands like simmons, sealy, king koil etc..

this one also I nt sure. Maybe if buy with bedframe can get better price.