Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HiroX & oonik grl : i love the black ceiling oso.. was telling my hubby that when the ceilings were white, it felt like the top of his head can hit the ceiling (coz he 1.9m tall) but then now is black ceiling, the ceiling feels so much higher!! :bangwall:

xinyi_reiko : looking at end month coz sofa delivering on 26 May.. hehe.. come come, next block only..

Edited by LinDa

HiroX & oonik grl : i love the black ceiling oso.. was telling my hubby that when the ceilings were white, it felt like the top of his head can hit the ceiling (coz he 1.9m tall) but then now is black ceiling, the ceiling feels so much higher!! :dunno:

xinyi_reiko : looking at end month coz sofa delivering on 26 May.. hehe.. come come, next block only..

Ya lor..ceiling white make the place look low hor..my wife was also saying our ceiling looks veri low..but cant change the colour...haha..you know ar..FS..too bad..more pictures pls.. :dunno::dunno:

actually i read that darker colours will make the ceiling look low eh. hehe ! but nevermind abt them.. it's wat we wan that matters !

HiroX & oonik grl : i love the black ceiling oso.. was telling my hubby that when the ceilings were white, it felt like the top of his head can hit the ceiling (coz he 1.9m tall) but then now is black ceiling, the ceiling feels so much higher!! :notti:

i see.. toking abt sofa makes me pissed off.. mine, the person said to be delivered btw 6pm - 8pm.. wah liao.. i already told them i wanted morning slot, because my tv coming in, in afternoon, need to determine the height to be mount on the wall.. :bangwall:

going to call them again.. :notti:

Ya lor..ceiling white make the place look low hor..my wife was also saying our ceiling looks veri low..but cant change the colour...haha..you know ar..FS..too bad..more pictures pls.. :) !!

my is black somemore, tink FD master come my house will faint!! will post more pics later, going over after breakfast, the carpentry is in the works.. :P

actually i read that darker colours will make the ceiling look low eh. hehe ! but nevermind abt them.. it's wat we wan that matters !

i oso thot so at first.. i tink dark colours as in dark blue/green/red etc this type of dark colours maybe.. coz the black really makes it looks higher, i oso don't understand.. but it looks like a bottomless pit when i look up at the ceiling now vs the white parts of my ceiling.. hehe.. i did not expect the effect to be so dramatic actually when the ID say paint black, i was like 'paint black ok lor'.. then i din tink abt it again till i saw it and feel madly in love with it.. !!

i see.. toking abt sofa makes me pissed off.. mine, the person said to be delivered btw 6pm - 8pm.. wah liao.. i already told them i wanted morning slot, because my tv coming in, in afternoon, need to determine the height to be mount on the wall.. :notti:

going to call them again.. :(

how was the sofa coordination??

was at the new place this morning, wanted to pop by yr place to say hi tats y sms u but then hubby's fren and his wife came by to look see my reno oso so we left with them after tat.. see when got u at we at our new place again can go kaypo yr hse!! :(

my is black somemore, tink FD master come my house will faint!! will post more pics later, going over after breakfast, the carpentry is in the works.. :notti:

i oso thot so at first.. i tink dark colours as in dark blue/green/red etc this type of dark colours maybe.. coz the black really makes it looks higher, i oso don't understand.. but it looks like a bottomless pit when i look up at the ceiling now vs the white parts of my ceiling.. hehe.. i did not expect the effect to be so dramatic actually when the ID say paint black, i was like 'paint black ok lor'.. then i din tink abt it again till i saw it and feel madly in love with it.. :(

it's good that u like it lor ! me dun realli dare to play so much with colours.. hehe !

how was the sofa coordination??

was at the new place this morning, wanted to pop by yr place to say hi tats y sms u but then hubby's fren and his wife came by to look see my reno oso so we left with them after tat.. see when got u at we at our new place again can go kaypo yr hse!! :lol:

i din make any special arrangement in the end.. good thing is everything arrive without problems.

now my place looks small with things inside.. :notti:

it's good that u like it lor ! me dun realli dare to play so much with colours.. hehe !

i actually oso not a very adventurous person, more conservative.. but coz got ID so me and hubby leave a lot of things to the ID one as we feel we pay so much for his expertise so must well let him have more free rein.. as long as at the end of the day nice can le.. but real reason is - we lazy people la!! :notti:

now my place looks small with things inside.. :lol:

i tink we too used to seeing the place empty empty lor..

coz tats wat i felt too when my carpentry arrived..

all those cupboards makes my flat look so small, tiny and cramped..

but i'm sure once everything settled in nicely yr place will look cozy la!!

happy furnishing ya!!

any photos on the carpet walls and floor?

thinking of carpeting one wall

how much did you pay for the carpet?

not yet, only the bare platform in the living room posted previously..

the carpet will be up last..

show u the photo when its done ok, or if u in the area can always come by anytime.. :)

my ID put 'To construct one set of solid plywood platform c/w Venetian luxurious cut-pile frieze' carpet to living area as per illustrated in layout plan $2200'..

so exact how much is it psf or what i no idea lei, did not ask..

but if u keen, i can ask him if i got friend want to buy carpet without labour and with labour how much for u..

on good terms with him la, he's more like friend now liao after i bother him so much everyday..

haha..

did u read the latest home & decor or square rooms, i forgot which one..

got this owner transform her 3-rm for her cats' playground lei..

with flaps in doors for cats to move abt, hacking kitchen wall so cats got more space, beams layed across the room and on the ceiling for her cats to exercise and mounting book shelfs in a way like ladders for the cats to hop on to another to reach those ceiling beams..

super super nice!!

Edited by LinDa

Bought my living room TV and washing machine today, $2130 and $520 damage.

Actually I had intended to buy all my appliances from Kong Tai as its a old family friend and their price has always been the cheapest after comparing with other shops in Queensway. But hubby found this shop where we got the stuff today selling even cheaper - Mega Discount located at Katong. Really can go down there take a look if you are buying appliances! :P Look for Arthur as I see some other staff when I was there like not very sincere. :(

Arthur was really good so we put down the deposit first. He allow us to change to another model we are eyeing (Toshiba 37") with 3 days advance notice before delivery coz we still considering between the two. Then at first we were also hesitant as TVs prices will drop quite fast so thinking buy only when we are moving in. He gave us the guarantee that if the price drop in 3 weeks time (our target date of moving in all the appliances first), he will rebate us the same amount.

But still thinking if we should go with the 42" plasma coz our living is really tiny. Wanted a plasma as we want to view from the side angle even if we are sitting at our breakfast counter but 42" (the smallest size available for plasma) seems kinda too big hence we are worried we might feel feel like vomiting coz giddy if we are sitting in our living room sofa.

Anyone got small living but big TV screen? Will get giddy anot har? Help!

Edited by LinDa

not yet, only the bare platform in the living room posted previously..

the carpet will be up last..

show u the photo when its done ok, or if u in the area can always come by anytime.. :(

my ID put 'To construct one set of solid plywood platform c/w Venetian luxurious cut-pile frieze' carpet to living area as per illustrated in layout plan $2200'..

so exact how much is it psf or what i no idea lei, did not ask..

but if u keen, i can ask him if i got friend want to buy carpet without labour and with labour how much for u..

on good terms with him la, he's more like friend now liao after i bother him so much everyday..

haha..

did u read the latest home & decor or square rooms, i forgot which one..

got this owner transform her 3-rm for her cats' playground lei..

with flaps in doors for cats to move abt, hacking kitchen wall so cats got more space, beams layed across the room and on the ceiling for her cats to exercise and mounting book shelfs in a way like ladders for the cats to hop on to another to reach those ceiling beams..

super super nice!!

wow, do you have a copy of the magazine?

interesting to know what can be done for my cats :)

was looking at getting shelves from ikea to line my room so that they can be high up looking down :)

might or might not do door flaps coz unlikely to be closing room doors :P

basically the whole unit is their playground, no place is restriction to them. even our wardrobes, all they have to do is stand infront and meow - the door will be opened for them.

can ask for me how much psf with and without labour?

thank you thank you

wow, do you have a copy of the magazine?

interesting to know what can be done for my cats :)

was looking at getting shelves from ikea to line my room so that they can be high up looking down :wub:

might or might not do door flaps coz unlikely to be closing room doors :)

basically the whole unit is their playground, no place is restriction to them. even our wardrobes, all they have to do is stand infront and meow - the door will be opened for them.

can ask for me how much psf with and without labour?

thank you thank you

nope, i don't have lei, was flipping through them in borders.. hehe.. and i forgot which one is it - home & decor or square rooms coz i read both of them when i was there.. :( that homeowner's ID was quite creative and really like the cats' house instead of her house, i think she has 5 cats.. haha, so good, meow and it shall be given!!

sure, i ask tomorrow, will let you know ok.. :P

Edited by LinDa