Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

OLD THREAD : http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7175

Decided to move my t-Blog chat to a new topic title, I did not realise you can't change the topic description and mine sounds utterly toot. Have not been logging in regularly to update as my place is in shambles and i hate all the dust! Haha.. So left it to the ID and hubby to go settle it.

Nevertheless, I've contributed my part in shopping for sanitary, lights etc. As long as it don't involve me going up to the new place and seeing half-dressed men with a cigarrette butt on their lips sawing stuffs.. :unsure:

Need to buy the lights by tomorrow today, monday as I think the ID wants to install it on Wednesday with the sanitary. But hubby is not free. Don't know how. But did see some nice ones when I confirmed my sanitary at Lookz. And talking about that still makes my heartache as the total cost was $4K (plus the hob, hood, oven, heater).

Some pictures of the place before the renovation.

DSC02229.jpg

-Living Room-

DSC02231.jpg

-Area from Living Room to Bedrooms-

DSC02230.jpg

-Walkway to Bedrooms-

Edited by LinDa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yoz LinDa...yeah...want see ur progress fast fast!

How come now still renovating? Which stage u in? My flat will be ready by next week..hehe

All the pictures are outdated ones. Just got time to post stuff up. Hee.. Wednesday going to install sanitary and painting. Then after then waiting for carpentry liao.

I no time to go choose my tiles, sanitary, colours etc so that delayed the works some. My ID was so stressed for me coz he says I'm delaying his schedule. Then I say I also don't mind, why you so stressed then he say he got his own principle one, must finish all his work max max 8 weeks. Hahaha...

Excited for you! So yr handover next wk?

SP_A0097.jpg

Sand and tiles delivered.

SP_A0096.jpg

Start of renovation. ID starting in the corner talking to the workers. The bangala is pasting the notice of renovation.

Image003.jpg

Tiles laid. The untiled area is for my platform.

Image004.jpg

I love my tiles!

Image005.jpg

Toilet glass shower screen removed for re-used.

Edited by LinDa

Image006.jpg

My toilet tiles.

Image007.jpg

Gap left as kitchen wall not yet hacked. Was pending permit.

SP_A0102.jpg

Living room view. I love it being unblocked and windy. But it gets the late afternoon/evening sun and super hot. Going to get the darkest curtains.

Yoz neighbour.. i am here!:):notti:

must have time lah... faster complete.. i want to go your hse leh.. :yamseng:

Haha.. Okok!! :P

DSC02249.jpg

Unhacked MBR wall. Looks dark as it was evening time and did not on light.

Image028.jpg

After hacking. Looks brighter I guess with more windows but also because its mid afternoon when I took this la.

Image029.jpg

Opposite view from the other bedroom.

DSC02257.jpg

Standing from MBR looking out to the living.

Image027.jpg

After wall is hacked, the doorway of MBR is moved to the front as per make good floor markings. So messy and dusty!

Edited by LinDa

Actually, I like the windows in MBR, bigger windows for 5-room units. Unfair leh. I see other estate D&B flats, both 4-room and 5-room windows size is the same. :sport-smiley-004:

Actually, I like the windows in MBR, bigger windows for 5-room units. Unfair leh. I see other estate D&B flats, both 4-room and 5-room windows size is the same. :sport-smiley-004:

is it? later i go see yr one got smaller anot.

but u noe for our estate, there's another type of windows which are longer in height. so nice, can do bay seats lor! but those units with such windows have odd shape rooms though (did view one such unit when i was shopping for the flat), not fully square one. then i think there's another layout where all the room windows are adjacent one (our one currently, the mbr windows located inner) and they have a side window (which means the innest room have 2 walls that have windows). i observe from outside la, don't know from inside how it looks like.

i like more windows, make the place looks brighter and cheery. but then again, i got afternoon sun which makes my place super hot so got to get very solid curtains to block it out = more expensive also. sighs. VERY BROKE! :sport-smiley-004:

DSC02259.jpg

MBR old toilet tiles.

Image026.jpg

New homogeneous tiles laid. Its of rough surface type. Wall and floor tiles are of same material but wall tiles are rectangular (300 by 600) and floor tiles are square (300 by 300).

DSC02233.jpg

Common toilet old tiles.

Image030.jpg

The colour is similar to MBR toilet tiles colour but its shiny type with some grain lines running across the tiles, a bit like hotel marble pattern la. But its homogeneous also la, no money for marble. Maybe got chance stay in condo can consider. The wall tiles are also rectangular (300 by 600) and floor tiles are square (300 by 300) but the floor tiles are plain black shiny tiles instead. Woot~ I like..

oooo seeing ur reno progress :) looking :P

will spam later again :) hee hee

haha, where got looking good? its messy and dirty and dusty to the max! :P

joking la, its getting along fine.

actually all the pics are backdated, on leave so got time to do all this.

wa lau, just see totoro's nest, how i wish i got a jacuzzi in my toilet man!

continue spamming dude.. :good:

Good to have new tiles for toilets... :good:

How wish I can have $$ to change mine also.. :) Have to live with HDB toilets for the next few years...

to tell the truth, when i got married super super super budget coz i was only 20 yrs old surviving on hubby's single sign-on salary and i refused help from my parents (they wanted to rent a condo for us to stay till we are can save enough for a nice and renovated place) so me and hubby bought a 3-rm and moved in, had a kid and stayed for the last 6 yrs. we did not renovate at all and only bought furnitures from ikea. everything in the flat was old but we used them lor. it was in worse condition then my current new flat old tiles. but i guess it depends on priorities. last time my priority was to save and spend it on the baby. but now both of us working can have something better.

just a pic of my old tiny home. took this when i wanted to sell the place and place on my own blog for free advertisement - 3 rm at teck whye lane. er, it didn't help to sell the place la, agent is still the best route. hee..

Image0001.jpg

slowly slowly ok. yi bu yi bu lai, maybe can renovate better later on if u still decide to stay there (with the swimming pool just edited coz u dun swim haha, mrt and near parents). else, yr next place la! :P

Edited by LinDa

SP_A0118.jpg

My platform living room. the wall and floor are going to be carpeted. Taken during the evening, look at the hot hot hot evening sun coming in. :bleah:

SP_A0119.jpg

Walkway to bedrooms.

SP_A0122.jpg

Close up of the above. This area is kinda wasted, was troubled by it as its say big not big say small not small kind of area. Will wallpaper that facing wall and ID was suggesting getting a mirror from Ikea to hang it there plus maybe a tall decorating piece to put standing in one corner. Aircon is mounted on that wall as well.

SP_A0123.jpg

Standing in middle of the above area looking towards the bedroom doors. The first door is son's room, second door is my MBR.

Edited by LinDa

Hubby went new place to look see today. Sanitary arrived and plumbing will be done later (Thursday). Excited that its finally into the painting stage then I wun see those patchy awful walls le. :P

Will go up to take pics and chk out later. More pics soon!

Having my exams at 10am, super duper stressed now. Trying to memorise the concepts. Sighs, I hate studying! :P If only I need not study then I could have spent more time to shop for lightings with hubby and ID whom went themselves. Double sighs!