Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

not sure about the others, i only know the centrepoint one

got almost half a floor dedicated to all things bed

mattresses, bed frames, bed sheets, comforter etc

you name it and most prob they've got it :)

i looking for those head-frameless bedframe, that means only the bottom part of the bed (hopefully can find something wrapped in fabric or black laminate), dun noe got anot, maybe tmr go look see look see.. :)

no morning.. afternoon, come and go, abit here and there in 2 small rooms. No suns in mbr and living room.

:(

got sun problematic le, scare my laminated flooring in the bedrooms, cupboards, tv console and appliances spoil..

that time when i buy, i asked the ex-owner, he still tell me a little bit, kaos, its A LOT lor..

but i try to tell my myself give him the benefit of doubt as he is hardly at home so don't know..

then again if he don't know, should say don't know ma, then i check the unit facing..

me and hubby oso toot la, buy that time never check face which direction, go into the house see liao, like liao, then next day offer liao.. BEN DAN hor!! :(

i bought Simmons lor ! that's why must try until like that... cos i also remember the commercial ! haha ! :D

we tested Sealy at Harvey Norman Millenia the other time which was quite good. During Expo also tried the Serta (actually I just like the cute sheep lah...) and the Simmons. All is comfortable and we really love one from Serta but then when move, the other person can really feel leh.

I bought the Simmons Charleston Beautyrest with Bedframe from Ackerman. When jump quite hard of cos can feel but when toss and turn, very little to almost nothing depending on the movements. It's good for me lah cos FH always sleep later than I do and I dun wan to be disturbed.

this one also I nt sure. Maybe if buy with bedframe can get better price.

hmmm, i oso dun wan to be disturb le, simmons sounds good but :deal: ..

HAIS, buy mattress is such a big headache!! :(

glad all of u here already buy le, not so headache..

wait for my updated news on which bed i buy.. haha.. :P

:notti: tks for everyone's advice!! much appreciate the replies wor.. ;)

Edited by LinDa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
when i buy, i asked the ex-owner, he still tell me a little bit, kaos, its A LOT lor..

but i try to tell my myself give him the benefit of doubt as he is hardly at home so don't know..

then again if he don't know, should say don't know ma, then i check the unit facing..

me and hubby oso toot la, buy that time never check face which direction, go into the house see liao, like liao, then next day offer liao.. BEN DAN hor!! :dribble:

i bring my dad along for the whole house hunting process.. elder ppl know more abt all these facing. He told me the afternoon sun will come straight from the 3 tall blk in tech whye.

That's y ppl always advise that view house in the afternoon. :good:

i looking for those head-frameless bedframe, that means only the bottom part of the bed (hopefully can find something wrapped in fabric or black laminate), dun noe got anot, maybe tmr go look see look see.. :dribble:

think you can just ask for the bedframe

the headboard is charged separately

i bring my dad along for the whole house hunting process.. elder ppl know more abt all these facing. He told me the afternoon sun will come straight from the 3 tall blk in tech whye.

That's y ppl always advise that view house in the afternoon. :)

true true, yr father very li hai wor still can tell you where the sun come from exactly can!!

but i dun get along with my mil so i wun ask her and my parents too lazy to go see my new place one la..

my dad find i so old le should know liao..

plus he wasn't very supportive of my moving coz he rather i use the money for another kid!!

so cramp wor, 3 rm how to fit in 2 kids..

must move liao got more room, save a bit more than can have one more kid ma, right not??

anyways, he's desperate for a grandchild i guess to keep him entertained, the other night, he was nagging abt it again, i say no money. then he offered to give me $10K for every kid i give birth next.. :D

but end of day, its oso not the money though i'm using it as an excuse, i'm studying, i'm working and son next yr P1 liao, so if i got another baby, sure very stress..

and i really hope to enjoy my second pregnancy..

not like when i was having my son long ago, everything got to be frugal coz too young.. :)

think you can just ask for the bedframe

the headboard is charged separately

hmmm, never thought of that before so never ask the salesperson before, i always thought it was like one whole pc..

great idea, i will ask them about it.. :)

Edited by LinDa

true true, yr father very li hai wor still can tell you where the sun come from exactly can!!

but i dun get along with my mil so i wun ask her and my parents too lazy to go see my new place one la..

my dad find i so old le should know liao..

plus he wasn't very supportive of my moving coz he rather i use the money for another kid!!

so cramp wor, 3 rm how to fit in 2 kids..

must move liao got more room, save a bit more than can have one more kid ma, right not??

anyways, he's desperate for a grandchild i guess to keep him entertained, the other night, he was nagging abt it again, i say no money. then he offered to give me $10K for every kid i give birth next.. :D

but end of day, its oso not the money though i'm using it as an excuse, i'm studying, i'm working and son next yr P1 liao, so if i got another baby, sure very stress..

and i really hope to enjoy my second pregnancy..

not like when i was having my son long ago, everything got to be frugal coz too young.. :)

my dad don't wish me to get cheated. Me and my hubby very grateful to him. He called the agent up, one by one and set the appt for us. Some of the time my hubby is not with us, because he needs to work on saturday. So me and my dad, view flats together lor. This unit we bought also decided without my hubby around. But my hubby do trust us lah. hehe..

Can understand your dad POV. I guess he also don't want to see your son being alone. It always good to have at least a sibling and also age gap don't be too big ya. I also urge my friend, who accidientally had a child at age 21. She also said next kid at 30 years, while she was carrying her first child. But as time ago, she also realised is not healthy to have the age gap too big for 2nd child.

You got private baby bonus leh. Better paid than from govt. hahaha... :)

DSC02236.jpg

Son's room in original condition.

SP_A0124.jpg

Recess wall boxed up partially.

Image007-1.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

After the first coat of painting. Chose green for his room as its good for the eyes. Hee hee.. Was very worried still after I chose it at first because I’ve seen awful green rooms but when I saw the painted room, I think it looks fabulous. Its the only room in the house that has such a happy, bright and cheery colour. :yamseng:

Edited by LinDa

my dad don't wish me to get cheated. Me and my hubby very grateful to him. He called the agent up, one by one and set the appt for us. Some of the time my hubby is not with us, because he needs to work on saturday. So me and my dad, view flats together lor. This unit we bought also decided without my hubby around. But my hubby do trust us lah. hehe..

Can understand your dad POV. I guess he also don't want to see your son being alone. It always good to have at least a sibling and also age gap don't be too big ya. I also urge my friend, who accidientally had a child at age 21. She also said next kid at 30 years, while she was carrying her first child. But as time ago, she also realised is not healthy to have the age gap too big for 2nd child.

You got private baby bonus leh. Better paid than from govt. hahaha... :)

for my case, the age gap already quite big so no difference now or later le..

but i agree, if can afford, best to have it at one go as in one after another..

less taxing as they grow up together so can look after together..

easier on the parents..

and also the kids got company.. :D

haha, money cant solve many things lei!! :yamseng:

Toilet windows changed. It was those lourve kind to one piece type lor. Easier to clean and looks simpler. But I think the ID had abit of problem with HDB for the permit at first. Anyways, I love the new windows. Hee.. :jawdrop:

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02266.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image009.jpg

Waiting for ID to arrange for the tilers to come back to touch up the tiles as they left a gap to change the windows (tiling was first thing being done in the renovation). Can't wait for it to be done and sanitary installed.

Edited by LinDa

wah ! nvr thot of that ! we just asked HDB to change the windows panes to new ones..

haha, ask hdb to change the panes foc ma..

change the whole thing need $$ wor..

havent see the :deal: for it yet, so poor le..

now i very depress..

there are so many air-con trunking and water pipes running all over my house..

my ID already try to conceal a lot in the false ceiling but i still can see quite a bit lo..

very sad..

but he will be covering up more coz he says the boxing up is only partially done..

i hate seeing those trunking, water pipes, electrical wirings etc one.. :(

Edited by LinDa

First coat of painting done, at least the place don't look so messy with all the patches on the walls. :sport-smiley-004:

Image005-1.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image015.jpg

Edited by LinDa

wao Linda your ceiling veri dark ar..and like veri nice leh..cant wait for your end product..confirm swee swee.. :P:bleah:

Like you idea for the toilet window also..didnt look into this when doing reno..now abit tight so wont be changing it..sian...All the best ok..want to see more pictures.. :sport-smiley-004::bow:

yah man ! ur ceiling dark but i tink will look nice and cosy once the lights all switch on... spectacular !