Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kentish

Possible to ask utility (power, telco, street light) to shift away from front of house?

Mine was a three phase 63a but the cable needed to be shifted so $$ 

For TS 

if your home is a single phase please get a three phase .. 63a will be fine for most homes. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
16 hours ago, petetherock said:

Just as a reference 

Shifting or changing the main power cable into a landed home will cost upward of $5000.. I had to redo mine..

Just to note.

This is charged by SP Services (not be your builder) & the actual cost will only be quoted prior to shifting (likely nearing the final quarter of the construction period).

Separately, the builder will have to provide "pull through rope" & underground pipe during the construction.

Edited by 3Cube
Addition information

22 hours ago, snoozee said:

so did your friend pay for the shift?

For my house, we had to shift an incoming cable (running through my property) which is currently shared between my neighbour and my house and SP verbally mentioned there would be a cost to it. later on they did the shift for me FOC.

Ya, they shift because of feng shui purpose. 

1 hour ago, CoralHC said:

Ya, they shift because of feng shui purpose. 

Hope your friend's fortune had improved by leaps and bounds after spending the $30k for shifting the lamppost.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 3Cube said:

Just to note.

This is charged by SP Services (not be your builder) & the actual cost will only be quoted prior to shifting (likely nearing the final quarter of the construction period).

Separately, the builder will have to provide "pull through rope" & underground pipe during the construction.

It was done by my builder during our renovations a year back..

The mains cable into my home needed to be relocated. 

10 hours ago, leechaorui said:

For those who buy an old landed house with 4 bedrooms, without reconstruction, is there a need to bring in 3 phase 63A power?

if your current place is on single phase 63A, you need to decide if this is sufficient for your needs.

eg: you like to turn on many appliances all at once like all aircon units within the house turned on while cooking a meal on electric cooker and also baking at the same time with dual ovens. this is not forgetting you may have lights on and TV on as well as other appliances like refrigerator being in use as well.

so it really depends on your lifestyle and pattern of usage. many houses are were constructed years ago still have their occupants getting by on single phase 63A. 

if you think you will be using quite a bit of electricity concurrently, it's better to do the upgrade now while doing renovation rather than later after you move in.

How about asking to cut down a tree in front of the house? Which agency would one to need to apply to?  I am interested to buy a property but a tall tree is right in front of the house on the opposite side which is bad for fengshui purposes. 

4 hours ago, Charray said:

How about asking to cut down a tree in front of the house? Which agency would one to need to apply to?  I am interested to buy a property but a tall tree is right in front of the house on the opposite side which is bad for fengshui purposes. 

Nparks. Can try asking but fengshui doesn’t seem to be a very good reason for them to give approval.normally if affects your house access then approval would be given. But in this case is not outside your house at all so chances for approval is quite small I think