Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purpledino

Inspection Chamber - does it need to be outdoor

Hi I just bought an inter terrace with an inspection chamber in the backyard. I see that many of my neighbours have extended the built up area such that the IC is now indoors. I am thinking of doing the same.

Can I ask

- is it acceptable for the IC to be indoors, as long as it is still accessible for maintenance?

- does sewage gas leak from the IC?

thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

many houses has IC inside the house so no problem with this. some owners purposely shift the IC outside the house at a cost

sewage gas should not leak from the IC as there should be a vent pipe connecting the IC and this vent pipe's exit is at the roof top. if there are gas leaks from the IC, then the cover could be faulty and replaced instead.

From what I hear, cockroaches would climb out of IC ... so indoor ICs will have to deal with this . Maybe have to put something to block up the gaps of the IC covers...

For landed house, pests will be there even if you keep your house super clean. Pests will come over from your neighboring houses so can’t prevent this. Chances of pests coming out from IC cover is almost zero unless the IC cover is cracked