Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

another alternative, placing the curtain, blinds or line curtain as a parition (further inside the room)

tempcurtainbu2.jpg

Good idea!:sport-smiley-003:

Can save alot of money.

But for me, cannot make it this way.

My small kids will become tarzan and use the curtain to swing around!:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have not decided yet, but most probably will be wall mounted.

And I think I'm going to customise the MBR and LRM curtain rods to make the outlook nicer. I did try out using 2 rods at the MBR, but it looks weird and a gap in between. I didnt wall mount but just "stick" the holder on the wall and use a cloth to act as "curtain". Honestly to me, it doesnt look nice. Intending to do a day & night curtains too..

Intend to do it inside the recess area.

At least the curtain flow will be within the recess area.

Hi FAT BEAR

You may refer to CINDY MONKEYBONE url web...she installed and drilled it on the window panel.

I think you are referring to her unit.

HAPPY

hi happy

yah maybe cos i remember seeing that sumwhere

have something to check with u guys, any one doing tampered glass type for their kitchen door? if yes having any problems with the top part? cos most doors are 7ft tall, this leaves the top part open, do u all fill it up with plaster or jus leave it open?

many thanx

With regards to the curtain,.. anyone decided to install grilles?.

How will grilles affect the design and installation of curtains?.

If we have grilles, the curtains will be installed on the wall or on the grilles?.

sigh.... headache.. headache..

hi happy

yah maybe cos i remember seeing that sumwhere

have something to check with u guys, any one doing tampered glass type for their kitchen door? if yes having any problems with the top part? cos most doors are 7ft tall, this leaves the top part open, do u all fill it up with plaster or jus leave it open?

many thanx

for mine, intend to block it with a false wall. If not it will defect the purpose of having a door there.

I suppose this is only for glass type, do other type of door (e.g. wood) have this issue too?

for mine, intend to block it with a false wall. If not it will defect the purpose of having a door there.

I suppose this is only for glass type, do other type of door (e.g. wood) have this issue too?

hi kriegs

agree

but then it will be covered up. as in not as open as it is now. was exploring a bigger, taller door(8ft plus) but that will be too costly and it stil doesnt reach the ceiling... sigh ... headache.

haha more to come actually i not at that stage yet but started worrying already. screeding to be done this week... after a long wait

With regards to the curtain,.. anyone decided to install grilles?.

How will grilles affect the design and installation of curtains?.

If we have grilles, the curtains will be installed on the wall or on the grilles?.

sigh.... headache.. headache..

hi gadgetgal

not having any grills in fact thinking of removing the grills in the living room. cos look nicer hahha but id say illegal. however can be done and i gonna do it

think of it, if use 2 rods in the living room, your rod need to mount one 1up 1 lower..cant mount on the same level

i guess really have to custom made our mbr and living room leh..

i have window grilles, cant use the idea of drilling hole in the window area !!

ok, finally settled my lights purchase today - $700 in total incl. 3 hanging "antique" lights.

shop auntie only has one in stock and trying to clear stock, therefore "antique".

Hi all,

Just to check anybody getting system 4 non inverter here? we are looking at air con now.. but one of the sales person say system 4 non inverter not strong enough..somemore limited brand.. even inverter we have limited choice cos of our window access to the air con legde.. is that true?...so headache.. !!

ok, finally settled my lights purchase today - $700 in total incl. 3 hanging "antique" lights.

shop auntie only has one in stock and trying to clear stock, therefore "antique".

hhii

can share what is the breakdown of your lights?

hhii

can share what is the breakdown of your lights?

they are mostly in the range from 20 to 60, with the hanging lights costing from 100 to 200. :-)

giving me energy saving bulbs as well..

it was hard to find matching ones for living and dining, cuz as i said the auntie said the lights are very old type and they don't carry them anymore. hard to find the style we like with reasonable price.

basically we bought 7 lights from one shop at balestier, and the balance incl the hanging light at by merah..

i have seen the most expensive light of my life yesterday, at balestier ystd. >20k for a chandelier about 1 m in height.. strictly for landed property..

Edited by makemefly

Right now only LUMIER (Balestier) is good.

How about others?

Anyone want to share?

u are getting from LUMIER?

Din come across this ystd at Balestier... but we only went to a few shops. After 2-4 shops, you get a bit blinded by the lights...

I still have not source for lights.

Have not get my keys yet.

I just took down the name in my notebook.

There are so many things I have not buy: Sink, stove, hob, lights, ceiling fans, air con.

Aiyo....headache lah.

u are getting from LUMIER?

Din come across this ystd at Balestier... but we only went to a few shops. After 2-4 shops, you get a bit blinded by the lights...