Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

dear neighbours,

take note of these impt small issues :

1) remember to buy ur sound system/dvd player early.

for my case, i bought my dvd player together with my tv. Arranged for delivery on the same day. The electrical shop last min say that my dvd player no stock! so...my tv was delivered as per schedule. Delivery and mounting tv is done by different group of pple. so my tv was installed without the dvd player

i ended up have to unmount and mount the tv after i bought my dvd player. quite troublesome..cos the tv is v heavy and its not easy to mount it back

so anyone whose reno is almost done, do remember to buy dvd player first.

once u buy ur dvd player/sound system, its better that u decide how u gg to place ur system..(cos the dangling wires can be quite annoying. plan early so that u can do something abt the location of the speakers)

for those who bought samsung tv free dvd player, u will face the same issue with me too -> unmount tv and mount back when u collect ur player)

Just to add on...

If you are doing a feature wall for your flat panel display, get the audio pple to lay the wiring/cable for both the TV, AV equipment and speakers before the feature wall is up. Also includes the position of the speakers if mounting front and centre speakers.

That way, it will be easier when the others equipments comes... :dancingqueen:

Also consider whether 1 HDMI cable is enough, whether do u need other cables running from your TV... to the AV equipment/Setup Box/5.1 Speakers...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks for that...

btw, you bought samsung tv .. lcd?

mine is toshiba lcd..then i bought pioneer sound system separately

for the samsung with free dvd player, u need to go collect the dvd player urself..hence the tv will be installed first

Just to add on...

If you are doing a feature wall for your flat panel display, get the audio pple to lay the wiring/cable for both the TV, AV equipment and speakers before the feature wall is up. Also includes the position of the speakers if mounting front and centre speakers.

That way, it will be easier when the others equipments comes... :dribble:

Also consider whether 1 HDMI cable is enough, whether do u need other cables running from your TV... to the AV equipment/Setup Box/5.1 Speakers...

yup :notti:

yup.. i got the samsung free dvd player as well.. it was the gift frm my samsung fridge.. but then they said no stock.. gave me a waiting list ref no. .... for this.. i forgot to call if the stock has arrived yet.. sigh.. looks like i'm not the only 1 waiting.. :dribble:

Yang Guo - my sockets are inside my TV console, so the wiring will be downwards, through the top of the console... don't think there'll be a lot of exposed wires right?

Hi onepostwonder,

my sockets inside my tv console also.. i am thinking of asking them to drill 2 holes on the tv console, but afraid will spoilt the look of the tv console..how ah?

will u be doing cutting holes on ur tv console also?

see ah, if the speaker wire from downwards through the top of the console,then the speaker will be directly below ur tv right? - mine is like that also..so i will have 5 exposed wires (2main,2surround,1center), but i dont want to see the exposed wire leh..my wire is white somemore,so obvious :dribble: )

so if drill hole on the tv console:

the wire will be from the player --> out from the hole directly and ur speaker placed on top of the tv console

if dont drill hole

the wire goes from the player --> to feature wall --> out of the feature wall, ie.behind the tv. --> down to the tv console..so u can see the wires exposed

Edited by Yang Guo

Hi onepostwonder,

my sockets inside my tv console also.. i am thinking of asking them to drill 2 holes on the tv console, but afraid will spoilt the look of the tv console..how ah?

will u be doing cutting holes on ur tv console also?

see ah, if the speaker wire from downwards through the top of the console,then the speaker will be directly below ur tv right? - mine is like that also..so i will have 5 exposed wires (2main,2surround,1center), but i dont want to see the exposed wire leh..my wire is white somemore,so obvious :( )

so if drill hole on the tv console:

the wire will be from the player --> out from the hole directly and ur speaker placed on top of the tv console

if dont drill hole

the wire goes from the player --> to feature wall --> out of the feature wall, ie.behind the tv. --> down to the tv console..so u can see the wires exposed

can show a close up of the wiring?

u know some computer tables have holes and some sort of cover to put wires through? we can use that cover... so i'll probably ask for holes to be made on top of the console

u can colour the wires :notti:

Edited by OnePostWonder

can show a close up of the wiring?

u know some computer tables have holes and some sort of cover to put wires through? we can use that cover... so i'll probably ask for holes to be made on top of the console

u can colour the wires :(

i have the pic..post it up for u tonight :notti:

Thanks bro :(

Btw found a interesting article here on our estate

jalanmembinabanner.jpg

Fengshui on Bukit Merah N4 RC36 at Jalan Membina

This is really a good advertisment for sale of the flat.

But so sad, we have to work very hard during our youth to settle the HDB debt before we can reap the success and accumulate wealth. " Wang Wang to EVERYONE ! "

hahaa.. thanks krieg! it is indeed quite a gd link, ya! agreed with cindy.. me too hv'ing same tots! hahaha.. i actually PDF-ed it n keep it in my folder together with all other tings related to the house! hahahaha.. if next time wanna sell hse.. can print out.. hahahahaa.. but i bet i won't bare to sell it away.. my place is really a super comfortable place n i'm super contented with it now.. :P

what wireless network r u using? Wireless@SG?

nope it's M1 i think, it's my hubby's company laptop..

Hi. I make a mistake by waiting for HDB for following up the internet issue. Just call Starhub to come over and activate it. Pay $32.10 on the spot & U will get your internet immd. Alternatively, u can follow our neighbour advise in page 115.

Cheers,

Monkeybone

Thanks. hubby already tried to fix it and called starhub but starhub confirmed our blk won't gt internet connection till HDB applies for it!! :D

Hi Makemefly, congrats on moving in! Hope everything is nice and well for u and yr family! :notti:

thanks for your well wishes!

Congrats makemefly!:curse::wub:

I also moved in too yesterday.. had first official night at my new home bed :P

I will be using Singtel broadband.. but the fixed line and broadband can only come after CNY..

although have the number already :P

Btw can we visit u to take a look? :D

:wub:

Yup.. all around my doors also.. have to keep removing them :furious:

sure u can take a look but now it's still messy the place... haha.. have to give another month or so i believe we wll have gotten everything.. almost..

since now we don't even have our shoe cabinet and curtains have been bought but not installed because no more mounting brackets at ikea

Hi alpha2001,

My reception is all ok.. except RTM 1, which I dun watch anyway :P

Anyway, my TV is small and not LCD, so also prob cant notice much bad reception anyway :)

Hi cindy-monkeybone,

Also waiting for makemefly to invite :P

!!

we haven't gotten a tv yet! hope we won't face too much problem with reception...

if i don't have a tv i don't need to pay tv license right?

cuz my colleague was saing i can watch tv on the internet.. dunno what tudou.com

if i don't have a tv i don't need to pay tv license right?

cuz my colleague was saing i can watch tv on the internet.. dunno what tudou.com

there're many many ways to watch TV online :notti:

I watch my football online...