Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

i'm having same probs too! both my sony & toshiba got lousy reception too.. but mine slightly diff.. as in only ch5 r better.. others all CMI.. :notti:

did u guys shifted your tv point? It may be due to this.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Can i ask you all something regarding the TV show?

I bought a new sharp aqos TV. I find that the reception not good...the picture not so clear..especiallly channel 5 & 8...However, U channel are good...

So, is it my TV or it is common problem for LCD TV?

Thank you and Regards.

Hi alpha2001,

My reception is all ok.. except RTM 1, which I dun watch anyway :lol:

Anyway, my TV is small and not LCD, so also prob cant notice much bad reception anyway :P

Hi Simpleboi,

Congrat To U!

Count me in when you visit Make me fly.

Hi cindy-monkeybone,

Thanks 8|

Also waiting for makemefly to invite :P

:notti:

hehe purplesky,ur penguin v cute lehh

Hi Yang Guo,

Thanks. Haha no choice mah, i dont have nice pics of my hse to take pic as avatar mah! So i more envy u lei. :sport-smiley-018:

wait for IT show in March to apply for TV or broadband 8|

if u can wait.....

One,

Cannot wait, **** boring without these 2... haha.. :sport-smiley-018:8|8|

sparey.. ya i shifted points in mbr n living.. but the living rm 1 i changed my mind in the later stage n shifted back to the original side.. :P

binzz.. rent those TVB VCDs to watch.. hahahahaa..

wait for IT show in March to apply for TV or broadband :P

if u can wait.....

no need to wait for hdb. just call starhub & make some noise. they'll send their guy down to fix up the tv cable & network connections. but you need to pay $32.10. if they reject, raise your voice at them and threaten you'll stop all monthly subscriptions/payments to them (if you're already an existing customer) coz no network/cable is delaying you to shift to your new place.

normally they'll give funny reasons like the block has low occupancy rates, so must wait. or they'll say something like they follow the block number to on the connectivity (ie. blk 25a, then 25b, then 26a...etc). just say you'll pay them...the next thing you'll hear is that they'll send their contracted technician down in 2 days' time.

i have been enjoying my cable/connections for 2 weeks now. 8|

How about telling them (Starhub) if no connect, I will sign with (SingTel) and ask my nieighbours to go for SingTel, I am sure they will act immediately.

no need to wait for hdb. just call starhub & make some noise. they'll send their guy down to fix up the tv cable & network connections. but you need to pay $32.10. if they reject, raise your voice at them and threaten you'll stop all monthly subscriptions/payments to them (if you're already an existing customer) coz no network/cable is delaying you to shift to your new place.

normally they'll give funny reasons like the block has low occupancy rates, so must wait. or they'll say something like they follow the block number to on the connectivity (ie. blk 25a, then 25b, then 26a...etc). just say you'll pay them...the next thing you'll hear is that they'll send their contracted technician down in 2 days' time.

i have been enjoying my cable/connections for 2 weeks now. :unsure:

i find tis is very ridiculous.. i'm paying the monthly subcriptions.. n jus cos i shift new hse.. i hv to pay extra to continue to use wat i've paid for.. :curse:

Hi XLAN

Use my solution.

hehehehehehe..threaten them.

HAPPY

i find tis is very ridiculous.. i'm paying the monthly subcriptions.. n jus cos i shift new hse.. i hv to pay extra to continue to use wat i've paid for.. :curse:

Hi guys

Just collected my keys. Anyone know how i can apply for cement screening. I seem to be missing that forms. And where should I submit it? to 27b?

Hi Mark,

I just did mine today. Here is the link to the form. Its in PDF.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/13e5455...OTH_FL_FORM.pdf

1) you need to print it out.

2) Fill it up

3) Fax to 68543222 ( Bukit Merah HDB)

4) Wait for their response or call HDB hotline and ask on your status/que for the screed.

hope it helps. Cheers.

Hi XLAN

Use my solution.

hehehehehehe..threaten them.

HAPPY

Guess for now we need to pay for the transport fee of $32.10 just to activate the cable. Unless you can wait till they do a mass activation for our estate.

Hi alpha2001,

My reception is all ok.. except RTM 1, which I dun watch anyway :P

Anyway, my TV is small and not LCD, so also prob cant notice much bad reception anyway :P

Thanks...I tried with my small CRT TV too...dun have this problem...clear..

So I suspect it is due to the LCD TV especially with HD ready or Full-HD...cos my friend told me that to have clear picture, you need to fit in digital signal. Since the signal to the TV point is not digital signal, the LCD TV will not be able to project it clearly...Dun know true or not... :curse:

Regards.

Edited by alpha2001

How about telling them (Starhub) if no connect, I will sign with (SingTel) and ask my nieighbours to go for SingTel, I am sure they will act immediately.

Hi Happy,

Thought of this idea already. But too bad, my broadband is under contract so I can't threathen them.

!! Stupid! Stupid!

Hi Alpha,

My old TV( In bedroom 2 ) has better reception that my LCD ( In Living Room) but it is because I have change the location of the TV pt in the living room. After the ID's electrican bring the TV to living room for testing, I found that the reception is equally bad too. After some tuning, the reception is slightly better.

Dear all, i managed to meet the uncle who did the hinges at my house yesterdae !

he gave me his mobile no..so u guys who want to do the hinges, give him a call.

Sunny - 98899591

there are 2 pricing for 2 different bolt. one is 180 for 9 and the other is 225 for 9.. i choose the 225 one. i find it very expensive..but just change lor.