Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hello all

Check with you.. on our kitchen wall which is also the circuit board wall, there is the on/off switch, tv cable, and 2 3 point plug switches. For those putting your fridge on that side, do you make use of both the 3 point switches?

Hi Kriegs

saw from your signature that you r using creations from the heart for your Kitchen carpentry! You're doing a country kitchen as well?

went to the one near Light + Form. Tink it 343, got two floors.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Would like to ask..

last Sat my washing machine came..

and realised that the tap at the washing machine area was leaking.. the blue part..

Normally we call HDB to rectify.. or have to get own plumber?

it should be within one year warranty period. I think can call HDB to check

Hi there,

There're a no. of lighting shops at jurong east near the swimming complex. get off at chinese garden and cross over to this row of shophouses. the popular silver rimmed lighting for kitchen costs only $60 here. prices shld be much cheaper than balestier or jalan besar...unless u're looking for sth exotic

may i know how much is the silver rimmed light in Chan Huat?

thats the light we are aiming for also...haha

Hey neighbours,

Saw on today's My Paper that there is another break-in in Jalan Membina, blk 27B.. The main gate hinges are being cut away.. Its so dangerous even when we invested in a good lock..

Just on Sat, we were approached by an uncle to ask us to replace the gate hinges, now have to really look for that uncle again..

yes.. the original hinges r real easy to force open.. tat day the uncle came door to door.. my next door neighbour paid tat uncle to change the hinges.. my mom saw tat uncle how easy to "hammer" out the original hinges.. then she also asked tat uncle to change ours.. paid $150 for 6 hinges..

but my heart still not feeling very safe.. sigh..

Hey neighbours,

Saw on today's My Paper that there is another break-in in Jalan Membina, blk 27B.. The main gate hinges are being cut away.. Its so dangerous even when we invested in a good lock..

Just on Sat, we were approached by an uncle to ask us to replace the gate hinges, now have to really look for that uncle again..

Hi binzz..

This Sat, my wife was approached also while at our new home..

and we changed it..

Altogether the cost is $300 to change all the hinges... seems a lot

but feel safer also after changed the hinges :)

yes.. the original hinges r real easy to force open.. tat day the uncle came door to door.. my next door neighbour paid tat uncle to change the hinges.. my mom saw tat uncle how easy to "hammer" out the original hinges.. then she also asked tat uncle to change ours.. paid $150 for 6 hinges..

but my heart still not feeling very safe.. sigh..

what hinges you guys are talking about?

maybe should install alarm system

The hinges for the gate, the round part :notti:

Simpleboi, $300 for how many hinges? xlan cost $150 for 6, you change everything meaning 12 hinges? Or????? So expensive!:)

Simpleboi, $300 for how many hinges? xlan cost $150 for 6, you change everything meaning 12 hinges? Or????? So expensive!!!

actually i was very 怀疑 abt tat uncle.. when my mom called me on the phone telling me all these.. n tat uncle charging $150 for 6.. i felt pretty expensive.. but can't help it.. she feel better to change.. so jus did it.. n i rem i read somewhere on tis forum.. abt tis ting.. i did a search again.. i shld hv done it earlier.. :dancingqueen:

found it was mentioned in the tanglin hault thread.. zirhk3355 mentioned it.. she posted on their blog some time ago.. i hope they don't mind if i post it again here.. referring their blog entry @ http://khrizangel.blogspot.com/2007/08/sec...metal-gate.html

they only did it for $60 for 6 bolts... :thumbs up:

Simpleboi, $300 for how many hinges? xlan cost $150 for 6, you change everything meaning 12 hinges? Or????? So expensive!:dancingqueen:

Yup, changed 12 i think,

1 screw change is $25

Quite ex i agree :thumbs up:

Hi Kriegs

saw from your signature that you r using creations from the heart for your Kitchen carpentry! You're doing a country kitchen as well?

yup, wife's idea. since it her turf :dancingqueen:

Today afternoon I was with my id...he brought me to see 2 5room unit under renovation....then mentioned about the hinges...one unit gana robbed.

He show me that the robber actually saw the hinges (one small gate joint together with the big gate) those 2 or 3 hinges was saw off.

Once the hinges being saw off, the robbers can virtually lift up the main gate!

And the robber actully forced the wooden door opened!:dancingqueen: Until the wooden door badly damaged.

It that hinges you guys are referring to??

Any pic to show the new hinges??

Please??

HAPPY

Hey neighbours,

I just checked with my ID, he told me to save the money, dun need to the extra welding.. Its actually like what Happy mentioned earlier, the robber can just saw it and break-in, whatever extra welding is useless.. :dancingqueen:

Just pray that the robber dun take notice of our unit can liao.. Haizz...