Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if the robber used saw.. then i guess.. no matter wat kind of locks also no use.. since everything he can saw apart mah.. anyway.. 锁是只防君子不防小人..

or we use diamond lock.. only diamond or laser can used to cut it.. hahaha..

really hv no idea to guide off 小人.. but may b dun over use the locks or cameras.. chinese says 此地无银三百两.. dun make others think ur place is loaded with valuables.. that is the least we can do bah..

yeah so true!

anyway we are planning to ala-carte some services such as lightings, anyone did lights installation by the lighting shop? any to recommend?

cheers

yeah so true!

anyway we are planning to ala-carte some services such as lightings, anyone did lights installation by the lighting shop? any to recommend?

cheers

My lightings is done by Palace Lights including installation..

We found it quite cheap compared to others we found at Balestier.. so took it lor..

But no free doorbell gift :sport-smiley-004:

Hey neighbours,

I just checked with my ID, he told me to save the money, dun need to the extra welding.. Its actually like what Happy mentioned earlier, the robber can just saw it and break-in, whatever extra welding is useless.. :sport-smiley-004:

Just pray that the robber dun take notice of our unit can liao.. Haizz...

Oh no, it means we just wasted the $300?

Think prob need Home Alarm System then...

I guess really as what xlan says, if really ppl want to break-in, there is no way to stop them.. But anyway, its still better to be careful..

Simpleboi, but just in case they only got hammer and no saw, then u will be fine!:sport-smiley-004:

Hey neighbours,

Saw on today's My Paper that there is another break-in in Jalan Membina, blk 27B.. The main gate hinges are being cut away.. Its so dangerous even when we invested in a good lock..

Just on Sat, we were approached by an uncle to ask us to replace the gate hinges, now have to really look for that uncle again..

Guess binzz was referring to this news about the break-in. http://myepaper.mypaper.sg/ebook/web_php/S...om_In_Page.html

Though blk27B have quite a number of people move in already and still happens... Maybe must really install cctv like one of our forumer at our gate (cannot rem who) :)

hehe. binz, thought this really sounds funny "Simpleboi, but just in case they only got hammer and no saw, then u will be fine!:)"

think mabbe i'll consider installing cctv, like cindy's place... unless the robber is those..super professional one..think cctv shld scare him away (hopefully)

I guess really as what xlan says, if really ppl want to break-in, there is no way to stop them.. But anyway, its still better to be careful..

Simpleboi, but just in case they only got hammer and no saw, then u will be fine!!!

thanks! now here abit slow liao... everyone either busy with CNY stuffs or preparing moving to new home..

i'm still quite free... haha

now, i'm looking for rinnai hob & hood... being to citygas this morning, they have DISCOUNT! Rinnai - 10%

Tehno have less $120 trade in + 5% discount... till end of Jan.

HURRY Hurry those who's looking for hob & hood.

but i haven't decide yet... haha

cindy, which brand did you use?

I got hobz chimmy hood + black tempered glass hob at $710.00. Works okay for 2 weeks + + .

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

hehe. binz, thought this really sounds funny "Simpleboi, but just in case they only got hammer and no saw, then u will be fine!:yamseng:"

think mabbe i'll consider installing cctv, like cindy's place... unless the robber is those..super professional one..think cctv shld scare him away (hopefully)

Yup! Dun worry too much. What we can do is to make them feel terribly troublesome to 'visit' our nest.

If he really plan to visit me, I guess he needs to bring many stuffs and takes a long time to open my door.

As per Zlia, we can't really stop the SUPER PROFESSIONAL BURGLAR.

Hi YG,

Oh, so yours can see the piping in the cabinet?

I also feel without the box will have more space... and although the box looks neater..

but the space it occupies seems too much.. considering the piping also not that big?

Wow.. so many housewarming keke.. that's great.. looking forward to urs again :D

Hi,

To cover the pipes..

The depth for the bottom one deeper for me i guess.. didnt really measured.. the lighting seems ok.. :)

Hi Simpleboi,

No problem ! If there are really int. neighbours, I would open a CNY cum special housewarming/potluck dinner for the JM only. :D

I shall open a new topic for CNY cum special housewarming/potluck dinner if int. neigbhours PM me.

Cheers,

Monkeybone-Cindy

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

Yesterday when I was at the unit, my nextdoor neighbour came up to me and ask if I wanna do the hinges, coz she engaged the uncle to do for thier unit. For safety reason and the reports of the break-ins, I decided to do too. I was charged at $120 for all (9) hinges, as he gave "special" price as me and neighbour did together.. The uncle, simply took out the original hinges and put in alloy screw and nut and weld it. Pretty strong, and he even has the colour to match the gate colour! And I forgot to ask for his contact as I was pretty busy with the deleviries and installations going on at the same time! I'll ask my neighbour when I have the chance again and pass the contact to you guys ok?

And happy, how does the robbers saw off the gate? As far I know, the gate is wraught iron, the robbers need special tools and loads of time to saw or melt the gate. Getting worrying if these robbers are getting high-tech at same time! :yamseng:

hi hi

guess we better keep "low" profile here as the "robbers" could be reading all these.... just in case... to play safe..

hi all

where to get cheap lobang for Hob, Hood & Oven for Rinnai???

so far, comparing citygas is still cheaper than Asia Excel, distributors, kleen lei...

hi all

where to get cheap lobang for Hob, Hood & Oven for Rinnai???

so far, comparing citygas is still cheaper than Asia Excel, distributors, kleen lei...

Issit, never had chance to visit City Gas, cos after working hours they are closed.. :yamseng:

Yesterday when I was at the unit, my nextdoor neighbour came up to me and ask if I wanna do the hinges, coz she engaged the uncle to do for thier unit. For safety reason and the reports of the break-ins, I decided to do too. I was charged at $120 for all (9) hinges, as he gave "special" price as me and neighbour did together.. The uncle, simply took out the original hinges and put in alloy screw and nut and weld it. Pretty strong, and he even has the colour to match the gate colour! And I forgot to ask for his contact as I was pretty busy with the deleviries and installations going on at the same time! I'll ask my neighbour when I have the chance again and pass the contact to you guys ok?

And happy, how does the robbers saw off the gate? As far I know, the gate is wraught iron, the robbers need special tools and loads of time to saw or melt the gate. Getting worrying if these robbers are getting high-tech at same time! :jawdrop:

Wow, only $120 :(

Anyway, mine was just $150, not $300, just realised it..

dunno why I said $300... think coz my wife told me to pay $300...

but it includes the HHS rack which I bought too..

So my amt same as xlan i think..

Think the most impt is also for us to be vigilant and to help each other out :)

Hi Simpleboi,

No problem ! If there are really int. neighbours, I would open a CNY cum special housewarming/potluck dinner for the JM only. :yamseng:

I shall open a new topic for CNY cum special housewarming/potluck dinner if int. neigbhours PM me.

Cheers,

Monkeybone-Cindy

Hehe.. waiting for the special housewarming :D

Simpleboi, but just in case they only got hammer and no saw, then u will be fine!:yamseng:

:( Yup this sentence is funny :notti:

Nice meeting u yesterday. Do let us knw the contact of the uncle... :yamseng: