Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Dear all, i managed to meet the uncle who did the hinges at my house yesterdae !

he gave me his mobile no..so u guys who want to do the hinges, give him a call.

Sunny - 98899591

there are 2 pricing for 2 different bolt. one is 180 for 9 and the other is 225 for 9.. i choose the 225 one. i find it very expensive..but just change lor.

hi elaine!

really thanks for the number, i am long waiting for it :unsure:

wah yesterday i just installed a lock (mounted on the gate) for $128. saw the advertisement in the lift and called the uncle to install the lock for me

was telling my wife that actually yesterday's lock no need to install..just install the hinge will do, but she insist wants the lock and hinge

today will call sunny to ask him to come to my hse

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yes.. the original hinges r real easy to force open.. tat day the uncle came door to door.. my next door neighbour paid tat uncle to change the hinges.. my mom saw tat uncle how easy to "hammer" out the original hinges.. then she also asked tat uncle to change ours.. paid $150 for 6 hinges..

but my heart still not feeling very safe.. sigh..

are we all talking abt the same uncle?

(2 uncle came to do the hinges. 1 uncle is v v thin-wear specs. the other uncle normal size without specs)

the uncles said they did for alot of owners already

i saw the uncle remove the hdb hinges for me..some hinges are quite easy to remove,some are difficult,required machine..hmmm

after the uncles done my hinges, i forgot to ask them how strong is their worksmanship

scarly after done already also easy to knock off? (- can be welding not strong enough and the result is the same?)

yang guo, ur hinges already done? the uncle who did the hinge to my gate is v v thin and wear spec lor.

are we all talking abt the same uncle?

(2 uncle came to do the hinges. 1 uncle is v v thin-wear specs. the other uncle normal size without specs)

the uncles said they did for alot of owners already

i saw the uncle remove the hdb hinges for me..some hinges are quite easy to remove,some are difficult,required machine..hmmm

after the uncles done my hinges, i forgot to ask them how strong is their worksmanship

scarly after done already also easy to knock off? (- can be welding not strong enough and the result is the same?)

yang guo, ur hinges already done? the uncle who did the hinge to my gate is v v thin and wear spec lor.

hi elaine,

yup my hinge done..we r using the same uncle.i called sunny today and he came and fix it straight away

the thin+specs uncle is so easy to recognise hor? keke

Hope i'm welcome here.. although my flat's not at jalan membina but close by at boon tiong rd. Still waiting for my keys...

Went to check out some id/contractors today and met Desmond Tan from Weiken. Anyone use him before? He mentioned he has quite alot of projects going on at Jalan Membina now.

Appreciate if you can share your experience... if we're not allowed to discuss here, pls drop me an email.. many thanks in advance.

Hope i'm welcome here.. although my flat's not at jalan membina but close by at boon tiong rd. Still waiting for my keys...

Went to check out some id/contractors today and met Desmond Tan from Weiken. Anyone use him before? He mentioned he has quite alot of projects going on at Jalan Membina now.

Appreciate if you can share your experience... if we're not allowed to discuss here, pls drop me an email.. many thanks in advance.

hi hellroxy,

i met desmond at my blk 2 months ago..he passed me his namecard..ya he has alot of projects there

a topic for discussion: :dancingqueen:

too many projects in different neighbourhood = the ID too busy to entertain u

too many projects in same neighbourhood = good, cos most of the workers is there to help u

True?

i guess ur case is the 2nd one

Hi all,

Its been a while as i've been busy shifting and settling in... my internet connection is still down due to some tel number transfer problem..

btw, in case anybody needs this:

there's 2 uncles doing the welding of the gate bolt/nuts

my was done by Sunny (TeL: 98899591). he advised me to use the round headed bolt (which is more difficult for burglar to handle...) n the round headed ones are using better quality 钢

So, hopefully the info helps, for some of u.

u dun need to change all, 6 is sufficient.

hey, btw, can bargain hor... i did the $25/bolt and bargain down to $20/bolt. SO, u just say uncle, cheaper lah, my friend oso done at this price blah blah... the other uncle is his brother... i think they r competitors ;P So, he sure want ur biz.

hi hellroxy,

i met desmond at my blk 2 months ago..he passed me his namecard..ya he has alot of projects there

a topic for discussion: :dancingqueen:

too many projects in different neighbourhood = the ID too busy to entertain u

too many projects in same neighbourhood = good, cos most of the workers is there to help u

True?

i guess ur case is the 2nd one

Hi Yang Guo,

What you said is quite true. Did you engage Desmond as your Id?

Hi all,

Its been a while as i've been busy shifting and settling in... my internet connection is still down due to some tel number transfer problem..

btw, in case anybody needs this:

there's 2 uncles doing the welding of the gate bolt/nuts

my was done by Sunny (TeL: 98899591). he advised me to use the round headed bolt (which is more difficult for burglar to handle...) n the round headed ones are using better quality 钢

So, hopefully the info helps, for some of u.

u dun need to change all, 6 is sufficient.

hey, btw, can bargain hor... i did the $25/bolt and bargain down to $20/bolt. SO, u just say uncle, cheaper lah, my friend oso done at this price blah blah... the other uncle is his brother... i think they r competitors ;P So, he sure want ur biz.

Hi Sam07,

At first, Singtel can't transfer my old number to the new flat and gave me a replacement number. Well, now I am still able to use my old number and see my old number from the caller no. display.

I hope this information helps.

The uncles did not tell us that round bolt is better and did not offer any choice.

Hence, mine was done at $50 for 3. Better Quality = More $$

i did mine for $200 (9 round bolts,the better quality one)

The price can negotiate one..he quoted me $225..then i negotiated it to $200. stil v exp leh..

(done by sunny also).

the other non-rounded type was quoted $150 for 9bolts

Hi Yang Guo,

What you said is quite true. Did you engage Desmond as your Id?

i didnt engage desmond,but met him once..

"too many projects in same neighbourhood = good, cos most of the workers is there to help u"

i experienced it personally, eg. u say this need to rectify, the workers can straight away come from other blk to ur blk to do for u. super fast..

Edited by Yang Guo

gd la.. he charge me $220 for 9 k..

i did mine for $200 (9 round bolts,the better quality one)

The price can negotiate one..he quoted me $225..then i negotiated it to $200. stil v exp leh..

(done by sunny also).

the other non-rounded type was quoted $150 for 9bolts

i didnt engage desmond,but met him once..

"too many projects in same neighbourhood = good, cos most of the workers is there to help u"

i experienced it personally, eg. u say this need to rectify, the workers can straight away come from other blk to ur blk to do for u. super fast..

dear neighbours,

take note of these impt small issues :

1) remember to buy ur sound system/dvd player early.

for my case, i bought my dvd player together with my tv. Arranged for delivery on the same day. The electrical shop last min say that my dvd player no stock! so...my tv was delivered as per schedule. Delivery and mounting tv is done by different group of pple. so my tv was installed without the dvd player

i ended up have to unmount and mount the tv after i bought my dvd player. quite troublesome..cos the tv is v heavy and its not easy to mount it back

so anyone whose reno is almost done, do remember to buy dvd player first.

once u buy ur dvd player/sound system, its better that u decide how u gg to place ur system..(cos the dangling wires can be quite annoying. plan early so that u can do something abt the location of the speakers)

for those who bought samsung tv free dvd player, u will face the same issue with me too -> unmount tv and mount back when u collect ur player)

2) remember to off ur washing machine tap if u r not going to use it. bought my toshiba washine machine, the person who installed my washing machine didnt screw the tap properly. So water leaked..the worker came back to tighten the screw the next day

can u imagine if eg. u r on long holiday,say 1week. the water leak for 1week? can be quite disastrous

dear neighbours,

take note of these impt small issues :

1) remember to buy ur sound system/dvd player early.

for my case, i bought my dvd player together with my tv. Arranged for delivery on the same day. The electrical shop last min say that my dvd player no stock! so...my tv was delivered as per schedule. Delivery and mounting tv is done by different group of pple. so my tv was installed without the dvd player

i ended up have to unmount and mount the tv after i bought my dvd player. quite troublesome..cos the tv is v heavy and its not easy to mount it back

so anyone whose reno is almost done, do remember to buy dvd player first.

once u buy ur dvd player/sound system, its better that u decide how u gg to place ur system..(cos the dangling wires can be quite annoying. plan early so that u can do something abt the location of the speakers)

for those who bought samsung tv free dvd player, u will face the same issue with me too -> unmount tv and mount back when u collect ur player)

2) remember to off ur washing machine tap if u r not going to use it. bought my toshiba washine machine, the person who installed my washing machine didnt screw the tap properly. So water leaked..the worker came back to tighten the screw the next day

can u imagine if eg. u r on long holiday,say 1week. the water leak for 1week? can be quite disastrous

thanks for that...

btw, you bought samsung tv .. lcd?