Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

missed your housewarming too. not sure what time :D

No Worry! I am always around to open another housewarming for JM neighbours. ;)

TERRIBLE HANDPHONE RECEPTION

I also encounter terrible reception at my flat!! no reception at certain parts of the house. Will definitely complain to M1 if i encounter the same problem again!!

Thanks A lot !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No Worry! I am always around to open another housewarming for JM neighbours. :sport-smiley-003:

thanks! now here abit slow liao... everyone either busy with CNY stuffs or preparing moving to new home..

i'm still quite free... haha

now, i'm looking for rinnai hob & hood... being to citygas this morning, they have DISCOUNT! Rinnai - 10%

Tehno have less $120 trade in + 5% discount... till end of Jan.

HURRY Hurry those who's looking for hob & hood.

but i haven't decide yet... haha

cindy, which brand did you use?

I just went there with my wife (Linggie) and we spoke to some of the assistants there and they said that they may not necessarily be the cheaper option as their rent is quite expensive as well, the lady said she knew the Chan Huat owner as well.

Hi there,

There're a no. of lighting shops at jurong east near the swimming complex. get off at chinese garden and cross over to this row of shophouses. the popular silver rimmed lighting for kitchen costs only $60 here. prices shld be much cheaper than balestier or jalan besar...unless u're looking for sth exotic

I just went there with my wife (Linggie) and we spoke to some of the assistants there and they said that they may not necessarily be the cheaper option as their rent is quite expensive as well, the lady said she knew the Chan Huat owner as well.

linggie's hubby here as well... hmmmmm must get my hubby to sign in here too.... "dar dar..."

hm.. seems like hood & hob is having sale till jan.

can't decided to take 2 hob or 3 hob. can anyone advise?? Saw one model from rinnai pretty nice n chic :yamseng:

Hi Hi to all...

As far as I know, 3 of us got the new units @ Jalan Membina. Anyone else? :)

Shall we talk about our future homes here...?

Hi all,

My going-to-be wife Ah Binn and me also staying in Jalan Membiana area. We staying at blk 26C. :P

We soon be neighbours.

Boon Kar :)

Need advise on the following company (Lighting)

Chan Huat Lighting

Light + Form Concept

A.F. Lighting House

Lights Arcade

Thomson Lighting

All from Balestier Road.

I bought mine from Extreme Lighting also from Balestier. Find their price quite reasonable.

Got a FOC door bell as well :P

hi simpleboi,

mine wasnt box up leh.."the box" in the cabinet seems eat alot of space..without the box will be better right?

but also true, box up looks neater when u open ur cabinet

Hi YG,

Oh, so yours can see the piping in the cabinet?

I also feel without the box will have more space... and although the box looks neater..

but the space it occupies seems too much.. considering the piping also not that big?

No Worry! I am always around to open another housewarming for JM neighbours. :P

Wow.. so many housewarming keke.. that's great.. looking forward to urs again :)

Why need to box up ah?

May I know how deep is your cabinet? So the top cabinet & bottom 1 same depth? or got staggered? will lights be block off since it's deeper?

Hi,

To cover the pipes..

The depth for the bottom one deeper for me i guess.. didnt really measured.. the lighting seems ok.. :)

Hello, welcome! How's your reno?

Hi all,

My going-to-be wife Ah Binn and me also staying in Jalan Membiana area. We staying at blk 26C. :P

We soon be neighbours.

Boon Kar :)

hello nemofc, havent bought my lightings yet but dropped by Chan Huat and Thomson Lighting some time ago. Think Chan Huat has a wonderful variety! And the price seems quite negotiable. Haha. The guy that served us was very nice and patient, and gave quite good suggestions.

For Thomson lighting, if i nv remember wrongly, the final price given is always a percentage off the pricetag..almost the same throughout, then after that, even after negotiating, it's still the same. service is also quite ok la, but definitely chan huat has more variety. then cos we might prob be getting our cuckoo clock from chan huat, we might just get our lights there to get a better deal overall ba.

Chan Huat Lighting

Light + Form Concept

A.F. Lighting House

Lights Arcade

Thomson Lighting

All from Balestier Road.

Chan Huat Lighting

Light + Form Concept

A.F. Lighting House

Lights Arcade

Thomson Lighting

All from Balestier Road.

brought lights from Chan Huat (quite a few) and Thomson Lighting. Must ask if prices includes what type of bulbs, GST (very impt) and alway ask for discount. If mem dun fails me, if u hit certain quota u can opt for free delivery. Tink it $500 for Chan and $300 for Thomson.

Both shops sales pple quite nice. Prices in Chan Huat seems cheaper, and there more variety. Light + Form service also not bad, prices quite reasonable too. Just that they dun haf the kind of lights i wanted.

Btw both shops gave us discounts :deal:

my electricity & water supply got cut off, a letter from SP asked me to apply for a utility account if I want the supply to be back...

i heard from my colleague that SP is giving rebates for our utility bill? some sort of credit into our bank account?

yup, half month S&C rebates. Direct credit into your untility acct. :dancingqueen:

brought lights from Chan Huat (quite a few) and Thomson Lighting. Must ask if prices includes what type of bulbs, GST (very impt) and alway ask for discount. If mem dun fails me, if u hit certain quota u can opt for free delivery. Tink it $500 for Chan and $300 for Thomson.

Both shops sales pple quite nice. Prices in Chan Huat seems cheaper, and there more variety. Light + Form service also not bad, prices quite reasonable too. Just that they dun haf the kind of lights i wanted.

Btw both shops gave us discounts :deal:

yup, half month S&C rebates. Direct credit into your untility acct. :dancingqueen:

for Chan Huat, which one did you go? cos' there's 3 shop - 1 head office, 2 branches at Balastier lei...

for Chan Huat, which one did you go? cos' there's 3 shop - 1 head office, 2 branches at Balastier lei...

went to the one near Light + Form. Tink it 343, got two floors.

Light + Form service also not bad, prices quite reasonable too. Just that they dun haf the kind of lights i wanted.

My experience with L+F isn't that good, or should I say, very bad.

Probably they felt that we will not be buying, therefore the attitude like "ai mai ai mai". Make us **** :dancingqueen: when we leave.

Well, with this kinda attitude, I will just take my money elsewhere. At least its better than they show me attitude after I pay up.

Hi all,

Would like to ask..

last Sat my washing machine came..

and realised that the tap at the washing machine area was leaking.. the blue part..

Normally we call HDB to rectify.. or have to get own plumber?