Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Had requested for quote of budget 20K; level 6 ID/Contractor quoted us 28K. Sigh! Will wait for him to get back to us on a better quote before we go down to see him again.

Oh, that is very expensive.

My shortlist contractors quote me around:

Less than $25K!!

Edited by h4happy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Testing using picoodle.. Seems to be able to load bigger images.. haha.. Saw the feet?? My hubby sneak in to take pics while the worker is taking a nap during lunch time.. :good:

My unit living room..

f_24082007007m_24b2f89.jpg

That time onepostwonder, remember u mentioned that the living/dining area from our blk unit is slightly different from the units at 25A, and really, my hubby confirmed that for our units, there is an extra protruding wall out into the living area.. Refer to the layout, its the location for the G&W and E&T, not sure what is that, i guess is G&W = Gas & Water, E&T = Electricity & ???

Can't take a picture of the corner, cos dun wanna wake the worker sleeping in the living room.. Maybe next time when we visit there again.. keke..

Hi JJ

You should also go to level 10 or 15 (by homemakers) and level 22 (another contractor), and then compare the flooring.

So far, I rated homemakers 1st , 22th level and last is 5th level.

ic, tks. I ever went up to the homemakers, but Mr Tan ( the contractor) was in a rush to go back............ i din really "feel" the flooring done by them.

I went to the unit with the "welcome banner", Mr Tay quoted me a simple interior will cost us abt 17k. However, we will get our own contractor to lay the flooring cuz my bf plan to hv our chinese customary in 2009. So we are not in a hurry to do all the thing at 1 go lo. Mayb tomolo go down to the unit which u hv mention. hahahahaha, tk u once again. :D

Hi jazznpop, u sure can use CPF to pay for the mortgage insurance purchased with pte insurance co? coz i used to do bank mortgage loans and we also sell mortgage insurance to customers, but from what i know the premiums have to be cash terms. Maybe CPF board amend their rules? :)

Also it's the norm for pte insurance co to give u a premium waiver for the last 2-5 yrs(depending on which co). And pte mortgage insurance is transferrable, as in next time if u change house u can transfer the policy to the new house.

Anyway juz to share, NTUC income is cheap but heard before that if really need to claim they are stricter. Juz do a comparison 1st then decide bah.

Hi jasch,

i meant is those taking loan from HDB and buying pte insurance. they got to pay the monthly installment by cash first before pte insurance approved. after tat then can switch to cpf monthly installment for the mortgage loan. That means u got to fork out cash for the mortgage portion. i understand that pte insurance need to pay by cash onli unless u take from HDB. hope this clarify for those taking HDb loan and not bank loan :D

if i am going down tomorrow (sat), what time do the showflat close? anyone knows? :D

Best to go in the late morning (11am onwards), many pple come and see see look look.

Do remember to take picture and paste it here ok?

Best to go in the late morning (11am onwards), many pple come and see see look look.

Do remember to take picture and paste it here ok?

hehe ok,will go today and take pictures. thanks

Wow! Thks, I am sure all the jalan membina forumers will be eagerly waiting for your photos!

Please take more more, every angle, tiolet, kitchen, etc....

THANKS!:D

Hi Yang Guo,

Mind to take a picture of the corner that I was talking about? the protruding corner at the end of the living room? Thanks a million...

Hi Yang Guo,

Mind to take a picture of the corner that I was talking about? the protruding corner at the end of the living room? Thanks a million...

Mine is at top floor, maybe no beam in certain area.

Thanks for information. I am going there now. Hope to see fellow neighbours there.

Good luck, more pictures to show us.

I am unable to go as I am working until very late today.

Only can see the photos....

Thanks for information. I am going there now. Hope to see fellow neighbours there.

i'm going there too shortly. :bangwall:

Edited by nemofc