Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi All,

1. Dun buy the electrical stuff now because there will be end year sale and electrical stuff prices tend have discount.

You may just note down the model that you want and WAIT. WAIT. WAIT.

2. Do not change copper wire cause it is conceald. Eariler I mentioned that level 6 SP has hidden some information this is because he insist that i need to change the copper wire. My short-listed contractor says no need lah. waste money....

3. 20 ft kitchen cabinet. Actually if you are going to do a L shaped kitchen, it does not need 20FT in all.

I drew up the 3D plan and show a contractor and he mentioned that I need only 17ft in all.

Level 6 SP, mentioned that I must add another $350 if I wanna to have a L-shaped kitchen.

Additonal point - Dun do cabinet on top of your refrigerator - Y ? you can't change into a bigger refrigerator in the future.

4. Dun do toilet kerb - Y ? U know it when u visit the showroom, cause I can't explain well here.

5. Dun do washing machine & refrigerator base - Y ? People dun do it now. Also, you can't change into a bigger refrigerator in the future if you fix the size of your refrigerator base.

Last but not least, it is really a small flat so we will be saving quite a bit on the furnitures and cleaning time.

hehe ! Anyone got a good contractor on hand.... Please PM me... Thanks in advance

Barang Barang got 30% discount........ I must WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. :wub:

Cheers,

Cindy-Moneybone

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for all the advices and additional information... We will double check in my ID quotation when we meet him this week! This forum is real great, with lots of information! :wub:

With regards to electronics shops, there are few that were recommended by forummers (list is with hubby) that is cheaper and also, we can also bargain prices with Harvey Norman, we are so surprised when we found out.. Hope this information help also..

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for all the advices and additional information... We will double check in my ID quotation when we meet him this week! This forum is real great, with lots of information! :wub:

With regards to electronics shops, there are few that were recommended by forummers (list is with hubby) that is cheaper and also, we can also bargain prices with Harvey Norman, we are so surprised when we found out.. Hope this information help also..

Hi BIN

Great to hear that from you.

Yes, if you want, can PM me.

I got 2 shortlisted.

Also, if you have any good contractor, let me know ok?

We cannot afford to gana con by the contractor from our hard earn money!!

Hi All,

1. Dun buy the electrical stuff now because there will be end year sale and electrical stuff prices tend have discount.

You may just note down the model that you want and WAIT. WAIT. WAIT.

2. Do not change copper wire cause it is conceald. Eariler I mentioned that level 6 SP has hidden some information this is because he insist that i need to change the copper wire. My short-listed contractor says no need lah. waste money....

3. 20 ft kitchen cabinet. Actually if you are going to do a L shaped kitchen, it does not need 20FT in all.

I drew up the 3D plan and show a contractor and he mentioned that I need only 17ft in all.

Level 6 SP, mentioned that I must add another $350 if I wanna to have a L-shaped kitchen.

Additonal point - Dun do cabinet on top of your refrigerator - Y ? you can't change into a bigger refrigerator in the future.

4. Dun do toilet kerb - Y ? U know it when u visit the showroom, cause I can't explain well here.

5. Dun do washing machine & refrigerator base - Y ? People dun do it now. Also, you can't change into a bigger refrigerator in the future if you fix the size of your refrigerator base.

Last but not least, it is really a small flat so we will be saving quite a bit on the furnitures and cleaning time.

hehe ! Anyone got a good contractor on hand.... Please PM me... Thanks in advance

Barang Barang got 30% discount........ I must WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. :wub:

Cheers,

Cindy-Moneybone

Hi Cindy

That is a really great help and information from you.

THanks!:(

No 3. Kitchen cabinet, is the 6th floor guy told you about top and bottom? Normally it is top and bottom.

But somehow I still cannot figure out how they calculate. Quote by some contractors, all give different ft!:no:

2. Concealed pipe, ok, so can ignore this. If any contractors wanted to, at least I can shot back at him!

Good morning neighbours

Last night, talk to one id and he asked me whether the piping is outside or inside.

I told him I am not sure.

He told me if it is conceal, then it is ok (dont need to change copper pipe).

Ask why?

He said in future if kitchen cabinet is up, and sway sway pipe leak (due to pvc, then got problem liao.

Cabinet might have to tear down. That cost money!

So anyone knows whether pipe is outside or inside??

Hi

Got the quote from U home, way above my budget.

Too bad......unable to let them do.. really....

The id is very good and understanding and we can even click.

But due to budget, I have no choice.....

I have one neighbour went there last few days, met one of them and told my neighbour about the granite layout by his tilers. A bit exeragrating.......

Wanna know, please tell me, I will tell you guys what he said to my neighbours.

Hi H4happy

Can PM me and tell me wat hv they sae to ur neighbour? tks u

Yes you are right.

Better dont buy now as we have not collected the key.

But then can go and check and record it down the items you want.

I heard from my neighbour our blk 25b might have to wait until next year!:dunno:!!

Fainted!:(!

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: !!!! I hope he/she got the info wrongly...whats the progess there now? still painting?

Hi H4happy

Just pm you.

!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::dunno:!! I hope he/she got the info wrongly...whats the progess there now? still painting?

Last sunday, she went there and saw that window panel not up yet and not print yet.

1, 2 n 3rd floor all occupy by the workers!:(!!

No 3. Kitchen cabinet, is the 6th floor guy told you about top and bottom? Normally it is top and bottom.

But somehow I still cannot figure out how they calculate. Quote by some contractors, all give different ft!:(

2. Concealed pipe, ok, so can ignore this. If any contractors wanted to, at least I can shot back at him!

Hi h4happy,

I can help to calculate your ft for your kitchen cabinets if you have the drawing. !!

U have any good contractors in mind, can pm me :dunno:

Hi H4happy

Hi H4happy,

Can u please PM what he says ?

Thanks !

Hi h4happy,

I can help to calculate your ft for your kitchen cabinets if you have the drawing. :(

U have any good contractors in mind, can pm me :dunno:

Hi H4happy,

Can u please PM what he says ?

Thanks !

HI CINDY

Sure!

If have any email?

HAPPY

hi h4happy...

the flats in our estate have concealed hot and cold water pipes... bathrooms come with mixer taps and shower heads...

i know that the water pipes are concealed. but any idea whether it's copper or pvc? I also had this headache. some ids that i approached quoted me to replace all water pipes to copper although i told them the water pipes are concealed. one id even told me that HDB pipes are defintely pvc. so it is better to change else next time burst. dunno whether he is trying to pull a fast one.

:( !! :jawdrop::dunno:!! I hope he/she got the info wrongly...whats the progess there now? still painting?

quite likely that the handover will be slightly delay. chit-chatted with the security guy the other day. the sequence of handover will be 25A, 27A, 27B, 26D, 26C, 26B, 26A, 25B. Tentative dates of handover will be

25A - Aug

27A - Sep

27B - Oct

26D, 26C - Nov

26B, 26A - Dec

25B - Dec

quite likely that the handover will be slightly delay. chit-chatted with the security guy the other day. the sequence of handover will be 25A, 27A, 27B, 26D, 26C, 26B, 26A, 25B. Tentative dates of handover will be

25A - Aug

27A - Sep

27B - Oct

26D, 26C - Nov

26B, 26A - Dec

25B - Dec

Wow, thanks for your information!:dunno:!:(!!

Too bad, mine is at 25B!!!!!

25A - Aug

27A - Sep

27B - Oct

26D, 26C - Nov

26B, 26A - Dec

25B - Dec

this is v surprising for me if its truely in tis order.. cos 27B completed way before 27A.. my fren got his unit on 27B got their letter regarding the loan in July.. while i just received a letter regarding returning my mum's CPF to her acct.. in last week (btw, i'll b in 27A).. hvn't even talk abt anything on the loan matter leh.. my progress still way behind my fren.. doesn't seems right in any way leh.. :dunno:

i know that the water pipes are concealed. but any idea whether it's copper or pvc? I also had this headache. some ids that i approached quoted me to replace all water pipes to copper although i told them the water pipes are concealed. one id even told me that HDB pipes are defintely pvc. so it is better to change else next time burst. dunno whether he is trying to pull a fast one.

this is ridiculous!:P the ID suggesting to hack the wall to change the concealed pipes!:P he doesn't even know that for new flats, there is a 3-yr restriction period during which hacking of toilet wall and floor tiles is prohibited!:P:wub::wub::D

he is just pulling a fast one for sure... dishonest ID/contractor :fire::fire::fire:

***Quote from HDB RenoGuide****

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...Menu=Guidebooks

Removal of toilet wall tiles is not

allowed during first three years upon

completion of block.

Removal of toilet floor tiles is not

allowed during first three years upon

completion of block.

Edited by redbottle