Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

nah i think my block is not painted yet when i passed by last sat !! just got news my bf will be coming back for xmas so might as well ROM :bangwall:

Great news!!! Congrats... !! Welcome to the "married" club

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just came back from Beautyworld... went into LCT & HomeSuccess... my comments below

LCT

- Not much sample drawings to show

- Not many design ideas (maybe because old man serving us?)

- Ideas seem outdated

- No obligation quotation according to our needs

HomeSuccess

- Attended by the boss

- Gave lotsa ideas, good ones too

- Very truthful, pay peanuts get peanuts

- Many drawings to show for

- Able to provide simple layout drawings, 3D design with a refundable deposit ($150 - $500)

went to ask for price estimates for rollerbinds & curtains too... due to the curve shape of the living room windows, we have to use traditional curtains instead of rollerbinds. we were quoted by Hoe Soon, $1000 for the cost of rollerbinds for all bedrooms, $300 for curtains in living room. Didn't have a chance to tell them the materials to use... but the man told us this price is for average materials.

in terms of pricing, Hoe Soon (Beauty World top floor) is the cheapest. Corex (Beauty World basement) and Sincere Interior Service (Bkt Timah S.C 2nd floor) quoted about $1800 for the same materials.

sorry :good:

didnt manage to take photograph. i asked my fiancee to take, she dont dare to take, i dont dare to take too,haha.so we didnt take eventually

Hi Yang Guo,

Mind to take a picture of the corner that I was talking about? the protruding corner at the end of the living room? Thanks a million...

i was at the showflat on the 6th floor. Was surprise that i didnt see any protruding corner at the end of the living room.

in my floor plan there is a protruding corner too, i am searching for the corner but didnt see any leh..

Wow! Thks, I am sure all the jalan membina forumers will be eagerly waiting for your photos!

Please take more more, every angle, tiolet, kitchen, etc....

THANKS!:notti:

just reached home and see this thread..oh no,i think i disappointed alot of pple here, so sorry

hi everyone..

sorry if this seems like a weird request. but does anyone have a softcopy of the floorplan for blk 25b unit 126 (high flr). i lost my entire hdb package and dun wan the hassle of queing at hdb.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

my email is m_sng@hotmail.com

Hi Yang Guo,

U didn't take photo too. They state clearly that we are not suppose to take photos and the SP kept following us so really no chance to take photo. Level 6 SP quotation is very high, saying this and that but choose to hide some information to us.

Hi Cindy,

Ya no wonder nobody take photo, so we dont dare to take also. ya the SP followed us very closely too, agreed that their quotation abit on the high side too,heh

Anyone with a floorplan which lists #07-164 as 1 of the units? Can fax to me?

u got mail... :)

i was at the showflat on the 6th floor. Was surprise that i didnt see any protruding corner at the end of the living room.

in my floor plan there is a protruding corner too, i am searching for the corner but didnt see any leh..

just reached home and see this thread..oh no,i think i disappointed alot of pple here, so sorry

maybe diff layout for diff blocks

Showflats open on Sundays??

No idea....thought of asking my neighbours whether can go with him or not (he's staying at 15 floor).

Other than that, seem like no show flat laio.

Maybe have to wait after 7th lunar month before lots of contractors (diff. companries) started works, then we will have more choice to see and slowly ick and maybe copy or change some style..heheh

Went to IMM on Friday, speak to some IDs, only remember two of them..:-

U-home:-

Basic Package around 13k

ID seems busy, so he only go thru the basic package with us.

Not pushy, seems friendly

Sample reno pictures looks not bad..

Frontier:-

Like their design, simple and modern.. :bangwall:

Showed us some of their wall paper, tiles and lamination samples

No basic package so we go thru the things we want to do and they will send us their proposal in 3 weeks time.

ID seems very pro and able to provide good suggestion but got a bit of "artistic" attitute

After going thru the things we want, he quoted us around 28k! (overbudget)

But he will itemize our reno so that we know the cost, it's something like ala carte menu..

So we will struck out those that we dont want and stick to our budget!

Still sourcing around for IDs...

Hi everyone,

No disappointment, here are the photos of the protruding corner.. I persuade my hubby to go with me to take the pictures yesterday, we sneaked up to our unit.. :bangwall: keke.. Hope these pictures help..

The protruding corner of the living room..

25082007015dk1.jpg

The corner in the kitchen, where it show the tap for the washing machine..

25082007018vu7.jpg

The U-shape bar for the gas heater outside the toliet..

25082007017pn4.jpg

I didnt make the pictures smaller cos i think it may look clearer.. My apologies for making this webpage to load longer..

Hi Future Neighbours,

Just got my HLE approved (it sure took a long time) and will be going for my first appointment 1st week of Sept. Hooray!

Hi Binzz,

I did notice that protruding corner of the living room too when I 'sneak up' to my unit some time back. Hee hee. It kinda makes the living room even smaller... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Future Neighbours,

Just got my HLE approved (it sure took a long time) and will be going for my first appointment 1st week of Sept. Hooray!

Hi Binzz,

I did notice that protruding corner of the living room too when I 'sneak up' to my unit some time back. Hee hee. It kinda makes the living room even smaller... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Lynnie, congrates, with the protruding corner, i was wondering how hdb calculate the sqm for the floor area, cos the unit at 25A also same is 90sqm, but doesnt have the protruding corner..