Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

for 2 person, the small one is not enough, only for 1 person only. Get the big one, good

hihi nemofc

thanks

ya intend to get storage heater. ariston big one jalan besar shp selling 220 big one

:(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ok will send u the quotation.. but it's not confirmed yet :(

thanks simpleboi! you rec mine?

my quotation is revised 3X. and now even when we've already signed on the dotted line, i already have in mind wad more changes i wanna make liao. keke...

thanks simpleboi! you rec mine?

my quotation is revised 3X. and now even when we've already signed on the dotted line, i already have in mind wad more changes i wanna make liao. keke...

Yup, thanks :~

Mine also was revised.. this latest one seems ok so far.. thus likely to confirm soon.. hopefully didnt make a wrong choice.. keke.. :(

Heard from my neighbour that they rec' the letters stating the housing loan. (1st or 2nd letter: I am not sure)..their house is at blk25b.

hihi nemofc

thanks

ya intend to get storage heater. ariston big one jalan besar shp selling 220 big one

:(

saw a unit by Tong Hong, their placed the storage tank higher , it seems quite neat & nice as compare to placing it just right at the pipes there....

I have not confirmed yet.. but this is the quote from Baroque and intending to confirm soon.. :~

Icic, hehe thanks 8| Most likely will confirm with them lor.. as the price seems reasonable too..

Hopefully can start work and move in soon :~ :~

so, you likely confirmed with Baroque...

me still sourcing..

Hi NEM

Take your time to source for more quotations.

Cannot done in a rush.

Most likely I will go for gina/tony...already saw their worksmanship and materials used. So far so good...

HAPPY

Hello all.. check with you all, for homogenous tiles for the living room, labour + tiles, how much are you all paying for? An ID charged us $2753 for price range $4.28 to $4.80psq for labour and tiles.

Also, anyone not doing false ceiling and Lbox but doing cornices? How much are you all charged? We are charged $1100 for the whole house.

And also, anyone doing bench with cushion and storage for the dining area? And custom made dining table? We are charged about $3000 for that. Hai.

hai. abit scared dio tok!

Edited by Zlia

Hi folks,

Jus wondering anyone encountered aircon problem like me?

I've placed an order for a Toshiba System 4 Inverter one month back. But 2 days back, the salesperson called me and said the system failed some nea inspection (something to do with the energy saving ticks) and I won't be able to get the system I ordered. Anyone in the same situation as me?

He offered to replace with other systems that he said cleared the inspection (Namely Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Fujitsu.) He also added if I wish to keep to Toshiba, there'll be a new set released mid of Jan next year. Just wondering is all this true?

Thx..

from what i know, the NEA will enforce the Energy Labelling Scheme starting 1 Dec 08, meaning only approved models of aircons and fridges can be sold to consumers...

it is best to personally call Toshiba Aircon to check... sometimes, what the salesperson says may be different from what the manufacturer says...

Edited by redbottle

Hello all.. check with you all, for homogenous tiles for the living room, labour + tiles, how much are you all paying for? An ID charged us $2753 for price range $4.28 to $4.80psq for labour and tiles.

Also, anyone not doing false ceiling and Lbox but doing cornices? How much are you all charged? We are charged $1100 for the whole house.

And also, anyone doing bench with cushion and storage for the dining area? And custom made dining table? We are charged about $3000 for that. Hai.

hai. abit scared dio tok!

Hi Zlia,

My ID quote me $1,550 for living and dinning based on up to $3/psq tiles... thou urs is $4.28 to $4.80psq.. but if u get a cheaper tiles will they charge u lesser? cos that time when i go and look at the tiles.. the superwhite homo tiles only cost abt $3.80 so maybe u want to go and take a look at the tiles shop and look at ur prefered tiels price range then negoiate with ur ID again ?

I am not too sure abt cornice.. but my ID charge us $1,600 for false ceiling,l box and alcove light for living/dinning, MBR and passage way.

we are doing the bench with cushion for the dinning area but without storage and dinning table. It comes with full ht wall mirror and that cost us $1,650.

Just for ur reference.. :curse:

Hi Zlia,

My ID quote me $1,550 for living and dinning based on up to $3/psq tiles... thou urs is $4.28 to $4.80psq.. but if u get a cheaper tiles will they charge u lesser? cos that time when i go and look at the tiles.. the superwhite homo tiles only cost abt $3.80 so maybe u want to go and take a look at the tiles shop and look at ur prefered tiels price range then negoiate with ur ID again ?

I am not too sure abt cornice.. but my ID charge us $1,600 for false ceiling,l box and alcove light for living/dinning, MBR and passage way.

we are doing the bench with cushion for the dinning area but without storage and dinning table. It comes with full ht wall mirror and that cost us $1,650.

Just for ur reference.. :curse:

take note that they dun mark up the price of the tiles. i went to hafary to choose my tiles. normal anti-stain homo tiles cost $2.70 to $2.90. superwhite ones cost $3.80. my tiling works for living/dining/foyer/passageway/hhs cost $1890. expensive hor?

but my contractor refuse to lower the price. he says his worksmanship is good one de. :sport-smiley-004: i asked him if he's using w1. he said yes. so i just accept his price. sian...

Heard from my neighbour that they rec' the letters stating the housing loan. (1st or 2nd letter: I am not sure)..their house is at blk25b.

woo nice , my HLE also expire , so we will wait for the letter to reapply the loan right ?

woo nice , my HLE also expire , so we will wait for the letter to reapply the loan right ?

yes, it got approved within 5 working days... I'm waiting for my key collection date now

or if u can't wait... u can call the person in-charge and rush them, some of us did that

Edited by OnePostWonder

Hi Neighbours,

I wish to voice out my anger over the HDB cement screeding contractor so that anyone of you who is engaging HDB to do the FOC screeding will be aware of their terrible service.

Mr W(HDB officer) has viewed my flat around 14 Nov 07.

On 19 Nov 07, Mr Wong called and mentioned that a contractor by the name of Mr X(Sub-con engaged by HDB) will help me to do the cement screed. Mr W gave me Mr X contact number so that I can follow up with Mr X.

Therefore, I gave Mr X a call and re-confirmed the key pad lock number to him and requested him to advise me when he can do it. As per usual, he mentioned, "Okay, I will go to your unit today/tmr and check and will proceed the work if I dun have to do another flat today. " I was quite pleased with his attitude at that moment and believe that he is right to do the other flat before mine since I gotta queue.

I was really happy when I saw a pile of sand on 22 Nov 07 at my flat.

And to my suprise, my neighbour mentioned that the cement screed will start within 1 of 2 days when sand is loaded to the flat. Hence, my ID has to stop all the work since 22 Nov 2007.

I continue to wait until 26 Nov 2007 and finally made a call to Mr X.

Here is the phone conversation,

Monkeybone said " Hi Mr X, I notice that you have the sand loaded in my flat since last Thurday. Are you able to do the cement screed this week since all the work is on hold due to your sand."

Mr X said," Oh! I have to do other flat now so there is no time to do yours on last week. I will start the cement by this week."

Monkeybone soundly very sweet " Thanks for your help. Really thanks for your help"

Mr Wong called again on 26 Nov 2007 and check out the status with me. He is really a very responsible guy and make an effort to follow up my case.

Many days has passed and it is already 30 Nov 2007. I was really angry now when I've realised that he did not start work at all. I called Mr X and the gave me really stupid reason " You know that there are many flat undergoing cement screed so I am doing others flats." Then I remarked," Do you know that your sand is already in my flats for many days. And I have re-schedule my work because you have broken your promise so many times. My main concern is because you can have loaded the sand into flat so all the other works has to stop because of you. If you do not load the sand onto my flat, I will not be chasing you for the date."

Here comes the"funny" part.

Your worker can continue the electrical work and ceiling work mah.

How can ????? I told him'' "How you expect the worker to work ? Put the ladder on top of your sand and then fall down ah ? It is so dangerous and will endanger their lives leh.

Finally, he mentioned' oki. lah. I try lah. I try to do next week. Again, he does not want to give a firm date.

Luckily, Mr W called within mins and gave me Mr X's boss hp number after I told him what has happened. Mr W also mentioned that he will called the boss of Mr X to complain for me. Now, I wish to thanks Mr W who was really nice and even told me that I should get a date from them.

With the help of Mr W and Mr X's boss, Mr X finally schedule the cement screed on 4 Dec 07. In the 2nd conversation with Mr X on 30 Nov 2007, he spill out an info,"Got another urgent flat that he needs to do so he load the sand onto my flat and stop the cement screed for my flat".

Since I got the cement screeding date on 4 Dec 2007, my ID asked me to schedule the air-con on 3 Dec 2007 so that ceiling work and painting can be done on next week.

TO MY HORRIBLE, AIR-CON PP CALLED MY HUBBY AND SAID " HDB IS DOING YOUR CEMENT SCREED NOW . I CAN'T DO THE AIR-CON " Time check - 10 am today.

I make a called to MR X and MR X said" I thought you wanna to do air- con on this week so I started the cement now loh."

In my heart, I was thinking : Hello man, U are the one who says u wanna to do on 4 Dec 07 and now you still have the cheeks to think that you are right.

When I asked him, when can you finish the cement screed and when can I schedhule my worker to cont. their work ? He said ' Today can finish lah, U can after that lah. I was really confused and said "I thought need to wait for 2 to 3 days for the cement to dry. Mr X said" U can start straight away. No need to wait lah."

I really do not know what to say to him and finally decided to stop the conversation. " THANKS AND BYE ! "

Wah..the Mr X really ULTIMATE! At least now, after waiting for so long, he's doing your cement screed (even though it's not exactly the right time la). Hope I wont kanna this Mr. X.. ...

Going to continue search for home stuff.

Hi Neighbours,

I wish to voice out my anger over the HDB cement screeding contractor so that anyone of you who is engaging HDB to do the FOC screeding will be aware of their terrible service.

Mr W(HDB officer) has viewed my flat around 14 Nov 07.

On 19 Nov 07, Mr Wong called and mentioned that a contractor by the name of Mr X(Sub-con engaged by HDB) will help me to do the cement screed. Mr W gave me Mr X contact number so that I can follow up with Mr X.

Therefore, I gave Mr X a call and re-confirmed the key pad lock number to him and requested him to advise me when he can do it. As per usual, he mentioned, "Okay, I will go to your unit today/tmr and check and will proceed the work if I dun have to do another flat today. " I was quite pleased with his attitude at that moment and believe that he is right to do the other flat before mine since I gotta queue.

I was really happy when I saw a pile of sand on 22 Nov 07 at my flat.

And to my suprise, my neighbour mentioned that the cement screed will start within 1 of 2 days when sand is loaded to the flat. Hence, my ID has to stop all the work since 22 Nov 2007.

I continue to wait until 26 Nov 2007 and finally made a call to Mr X.

Here is the phone conversation,

Monkeybone said " Hi Mr X, I notice that you have the sand loaded in my flat since last Thurday. Are you able to do the cement screed this week since all the work is on hold due to your sand."

Mr X said," Oh! I have to do other flat now so there is no time to do yours on last week. I will start the cement by this week."

Monkeybone soundly very sweet " Thanks for your help. Really thanks for your help"

Mr Wong called again on 26 Nov 2007 and check out the status with me. He is really a very responsible guy and make an effort to follow up my case.

Many days has passed and it is already 30 Nov 2007. I was really angry now when I've realised that he did not start work at all. I called Mr X and the gave me really stupid reason " You know that there are many flat undergoing cement screed so I am doing others flats." Then I remarked," Do you know that your sand is already in my flats for many days. And I have re-schedule my work because you have broken your promise so many times. My main concern is because you can have loaded the sand into flat so all the other works has to stop because of you. If you do not load the sand onto my flat, I will not be chasing you for the date."

Here comes the"funny" part.

Your worker can continue the electrical work and ceiling work mah.

How can ????? I told him'' "How you expect the worker to work ? Put the ladder on top of your sand and then fall down ah ? It is so dangerous and will endanger their lives leh.

Finally, he mentioned' oki. lah. I try lah. I try to do next week. Again, he does not want to give a firm date.

Luckily, Mr W called within mins and gave me Mr X's boss hp number after I told him what has happened. Mr W also mentioned that he will called the boss of Mr X to complain for me. Now, I wish to thanks Mr W who was really nice and even told me that I should get a date from them.

With the help of Mr W and Mr X's boss, Mr X finally schedule the cement screed on 4 Dec 07. In the 2nd conversation with Mr X on 30 Nov 2007, he spill out an info,"Got another urgent flat that he needs to do so he load the sand onto my flat and stop the cement screed for my flat".

Since I got the cement screeding date on 4 Dec 2007, my ID asked me to schedule the air-con on 3 Dec 2007 so that ceiling work and painting can be done on next week.

TO MY HORRIBLE, AIR-CON PP CALLED MY HUBBY AND SAID " HDB IS DOING YOUR CEMENT SCREED NOW . I CAN'T DO THE AIR-CON " Time check - 10 am today.

I make a called to MR X and MR X said" I thought you wanna to do air- con on this week so I started the cement now loh."

In my heart, I was thinking : Hello man, U are the one who says u wanna to do on 4 Dec 07 and now you still have the cheeks to think that you are right.

When I asked him, when can you finish the cement screed and when can I schedhule my worker to cont. their work ? He said ' Today can finish lah, U can after that lah. I was really confused and said "I thought need to wait for 2 to 3 days for the cement to dry. Mr X said" U can start straight away. No need to wait lah."

I really do not know what to say to him and finally decided to stop the conversation. " THANKS AND BYE ! "

Hi fellow neighbours, have been busy lately and here's my updates.

Update on Keys collection & Renovation firm & Progress:

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Waiting/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo - rommie - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected/sourcing for ID/Contractor) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (Dec, actively source for ID/Contractor) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador - sparey(Collected/Summit Design) - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)