Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi all,

just want to check did any of ur notice that there is a beam across the top of the kitchen where most of us are placing our cabinet... are your taking into account the storage space for the cabinet as i realise that from the drawings most of our cabinets are just teh normal "flat cabinet" includign my own drawing... but i had gotten my ID to do some changes.. ur understand wat i am trying to say? sorry for being a bit confusing abt wat i am trying to bring across.. :dunno:

Yes I understand. Storage space is kinda used up. Tat poses a challenge to me to store my kitchen utensils actually.. Too small / lacking space also a slight problem.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

just want to check did any of ur notice that there is a beam across the top of the kitchen where most of us are placing our cabinet... are your taking into account the storage space for the cabinet as i realise that from the drawings most of our cabinets are just teh normal "flat cabinet" includign my own drawing... but i had gotten my ID to do some changes.. ur understand wat i am trying to say? sorry for being a bit confusing abt wat i am trying to bring across.. :dunno:

just saw a video of my kitchen, it'll be a problem for those who are going for full height cabinets... I'm not :yamseng:

just saw a video of my kitchen, it'll be a problem for those who are going for full height cabinets... I'm not :yamseng:

oh so u are not doign the top cabinets ar ? still wondering how we can do the cabinets to have more storage space leh.... ant suggestions anyone? :dunno:

Hi Neighbours,

We should be getting the keys to our units soon! HDB has written to us to submit all concessionary loan details. Finally we can be more active in this thread. :yamseng:

Just some advice from all of you;

Which bank is currently offering the most attractive renovation loan at the moment? Just a short recap in case we missed this previously.

Thank you all! :drunk:

Hi Vacis,

Congrates.. For reno loan, RHB is the most attractive so far.. This is what I had gathered previously.. But end up, we didn't went for reno loan after we decided to hold on to all the furniture and tv purchases first..

Hi all,

Err, what beam???

mine was supposed to be 12/12, but I emailed my HDB officer to postpone it to 29/12 :drunk:

:dunno: i'm on 27/12 , 2 days earlier than you!! :yamseng:

Hi Vacis,

Congrates.. For reno loan, RHB is the most attractive so far.. This is what I had gathered previously.. But end up, we didn't went for reno loan after we decided to hold on to all the furniture and tv purchases first..

Err, what beam???

Yeap,.. Vacis..

You can do so by stretching your not so important expenses at a later stage, say furniture, accessories for the house which do not need any help from contractor to do, etc.

You can try to get balance/fund transfer between UOB (2% up front nominal fee with 0% installment for 6 months) and DBS (2.5% up front nominal fee with 0% installment for 6 months and 4% for the same T&C for 12 months).

I think 2% and 2.5% is considered quite okay, and you can try to pay within either 6mth or 12mth. Well, for this you need to pay minimum monthly payment though, and if you think you can do so at stipulated period, otherwise it will fallback to the prevailing interest rate (credit card 24% p.a, or 17-18% for cashplus/the like).

UOB having the above promo now, DBS till last month end (which I think can be extended).

the beam is behind your cabinets (circled)

Orrr... My carpenter will make them fatter (ard same thickness as bottom cabinet), then the 2nd line of cabinet (steel rim) will be slimmer..

Hi Neighbours,

We should be getting the keys to our units soon! HDB has written to us to submit all concessionary loan details. Finally we can be more active in this thread. :notti:

Just some advice from all of you;

Which bank is currently offering the most attractive renovation loan at the moment? Just a short recap in case we missed this previously.

Thank you all!

:rofl:

Hi Vacis,

HDB written to you in letter form or email? I have checked my status at the home page, it's still showing the same old message...aarrgggghhhhh :notti:

Hi All,

I just got a news from Singtel. It seems that the cables are not available for the Blk26. Hence, Singtel needs 2 to 4 weeks to lay the cables before I can transfer my existing telephone line to the new lines.

Y the HDB dun wanna to lay the cable first ah & must wait for the 1st owner to call and then lay the cables?

Hi guys and gals,

It finally my turn, got the letter yesterday. Collection on 11/12 at 3pm+.

Was away for some time, this thread really move fast. Now can also see alot of blog on membina renov... :)

Update on Keys collection & Renovation firm & Progress:

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Year-End/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo - rommie (Collecting on 24/12/2007 Morning) - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs (collecting 11/12 / sourcing for contractor) - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected/sourcing for ID/Contractor) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (Dec, actively source for ID/Contractor) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador (Collected/Contractor) - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

i'll have top cabinets, but not so high :dunno:

Hello OnePostWonder, so you're not doing full height cabinets? I had some suggestions on not doing that as well, but I'm quite concerned about the cleaning part... dust accumulating on the top of the cabinets... Hai.

Hello OnePostWonder, so you're not doing full height cabinets? I had some suggestions on not doing that as well, but I'm quite concerned about the cleaning part... dust accumulating on the top of the cabinets... Hai.

wanna keep my kitchen simple, dun want too many huge cabinets

Yeap,.. Vacis..

You can do so by stretching your not so important expenses at a later stage, say furniture, accessories for the house which do not need any help from contractor to do, etc.

You can try to get balance/fund transfer between UOB (2% up front nominal fee with 0% installment for 6 months) and DBS (2.5% up front nominal fee with 0% installment for 6 months and 4% for the same T&C for 12 months).

I think 2% and 2.5% is considered quite okay, and you can try to pay within either 6mth or 12mth. Well, for this you need to pay minimum monthly payment though, and if you think you can do so at stipulated period, otherwise it will fallback to the prevailing interest rate (credit card 24% p.a, or 17-18% for cashplus/the like).

UOB having the above promo now, DBS till last month end (which I think can be extended).

Hi Gadgetgal,

Your suggestion is marvellous! I have more options to play with now. I always thought that for renovation, I should get a "Reno Loan". Thank you very much.

As for the rest of my beloved immediate neighbours, I just received a letter from HDB informing us that we they would contact us shortly for key collection. Coupled with the fact that all the windows for blk 26B is locked. But as for the homepage, it is still the same. :furious:

Let you all know when there are more concrete news from HDB. :sport-smiley-004: