Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Ask your id how many psf he calculate for your 4 room unit. And how much he charge for the labour cost.

eg) if 600 psf, then $4.80 will be $2,880 + labour cost.

But really depends on your id how they charge you.

Hello all.. check with you all, for homogenous tiles for the living room, labour + tiles, how much are you all paying for? An ID charged us $2753 for price range $4.28 to $4.80psq for labour and tiles.

Also, anyone not doing false ceiling and Lbox but doing cornices? How much are you all charged? We are charged $1100 for the whole house.

And also, anyone doing bench with cushion and storage for the dining area? And custom made dining table? We are charged about $3000 for that. Hai.

hai. abit scared dio tok!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Zlia,

My ID quote me $1,550 for living and dinning based on up to $3/psq tiles... thou urs is $4.28 to $4.80psq.. but if u get a cheaper tiles will they charge u lesser? cos that time when i go and look at the tiles.. the superwhite homo tiles only cost abt $3.80 so maybe u want to go and take a look at the tiles shop and look at ur prefered tiels price range then negoiate with ur ID again ?

I am not too sure abt cornice.. but my ID charge us $1,600 for false ceiling,l box and alcove light for living/dinning, MBR and passage way.

we are doing the bench with cushion for the dinning area but without storage and dinning table. It comes with full ht wall mirror and that cost us $1,650.

Just for ur reference.. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

Wow u got $1,550 for $3/psq tiles! Mine max is $2.80/psq tiles and I got quoted $1,800+ for living and dining! Although it comes with cement screeding and skirting, but did I get chopped for the flooring? :P

Hmm, not sure if able to choose good flooring then.. since only $2.80

Wah..the Mr X really ULTIMATE! At least now, after waiting for so long, he's doing your cement screed (even though it's not exactly the right time la). Hope I wont kanna this Mr. X.. ...

Going to continue search for home stuff.

dunno if our hdb contractors are the same ppl. but i totally cannot communicate with these ppl. ===> UNCLES

they are sooooo boorish... i never dare to talk the cement screed uncle anymore. cindy is really strong to scold uncles.

he told me to give him my contractor's number. i gave him and asked when he'll call up (so that i can jiao1 dai4 to people wad). he just grumble boorishly "see first lah!:sport-smiley-004:!! i got so many jobs on my hand!:P!" machiam wanna kill me like that. sigh....

yes, it got approved within 5 working days... I'm waiting for my key collection date now

or if u can't wait... u can call the person in-charge and rush them, some of us did that

my key collection date is scheduled for 29 Dec 10.10am :bangwall:

Edited by OnePostWonder

my key collection date is scheduled for 29 Dec 10.10am :(

Congrats OnePost!!.

You must be very happy,.. and can't wait to molest all those shiny metal :notti:.

:notti:

what shiny metal huh? now I have the weekend & new year's day to do inspection of my unit :thumbs up:

Hi Onepostwonder

Is tat the last day u can collect key?? thought u didn't wan to get key so fast? :dribble:

Get earlier better then can spent some time inspect...... :D

Hi Onepostwonder

Is tat the last day u can collect key?? thought u didn't wan to get key so fast? :thumbs up:

Get earlier better then can spent some time inspect...... :dribble:

the HDB officer told me that the latest I can delay is till Feb only... and since there's a weekend & new year's day to do inspection of the house, my wife & I decided on the 29th :D

it was initially the 12th

Hi,

Wow u got $1,550 for $3/psq tiles! Mine max is $2.80/psq tiles and I got quoted $1,800+ for living and dining! Although it comes with cement screeding and skirting, but did I get chopped for the flooring? :thumbs up:

Hmm, not sure if able to choose good flooring then.. since only $2.80

Hi Simpleboi,

The $1,550 is excluding thefoyer area.. cos that i will be doing up a differnt kind of tile either pebblewash or another colour tiles to differentiate the area... the foyer area cost another $450.

just an advice...

- if u r going to Balestier to buy lightings, remember to check out the market rate for the lights first before you go. Also, eg. if u have chosen ur lights, say total cost is $1200, the shop say give u discount of $100 off the total bill, dont be too happy to accept it. its better u ask for the discount item by item, instead of total discount

- if ur ID is arranging u to meet ur electrician, also check out the price too, cos the electrician may over quote u. U need to check out what is the market price for eg.adding 2socket points, shifting scv points etc. My electrician quoted me $1200 for the house.. i didnt negotiate it and say ok, can la.. lucky my ID helped me to negotiate it on the spot

hope this can help alot of pple here. remember to negotiate, ask for discount!

just an advice...

- if u r going to Balestier to buy lightings, remember to check out the market rate for the lights first before you go. Also, eg. if u have chosen ur lights, say total cost is $1200, the shop say give u discount of $100 off the total bill, dont be too happy to accept it. its better u ask for the discount item by item, instead of total discount

- if ur ID is arranging u to meet ur electrician, also check out the price too, cos the electrician may over quote u. U need to check out what is the market price for eg.adding 2socket points, shifting scv points etc. My electrician quoted me $1200 for the house.. i didnt negotiate it and say ok, can la.. lucky my ID helped me to negotiate it on the spot

I likely will be going to Balestier Wednesday evening to look at the tiles and lightings, kitchen sink etc.. Hopefully dun get eaten.. what is the normal market rate? :dancingqueen:

Thanks keke

I likely will be going to Balestier Wednesday evening to look at the tiles and lightings, kitchen sink etc.. Hopefully dun get eaten.. what is the normal market rate? :P

Thanks keke

hey simpleboi... dunno if ihis will work for u... although ur ID tell u u can oni select certain price range of tiles... if u choose something a little higher, u can try bargaining to ur ID not to top up amount. No harm tryin if this can help u save cost

like mine case, i chosen a $3.80/psf super white homo tiles, that want bo pian i have to top up but for my kitchen tiles, i chosen a tile $2.80/psf though i should be getting a $2.40 for the quotes i engage. So, try bargaining to ur ID to cut some cost..

Lightings, m not sure.. somehow i feel i've been eater oredi.. :dancingqueen: so cant help

saw a unit by Tong Hong, their placed the storage tank higher , it seems quite neat & nice as compare to placing it just right at the pipes there....

hi nemofc

where is tong hong? how to place higher, mostly is placed where you jus walk in the kitchen on the top there, jus outside toilet door... can put in toilet? like not enough space

is daikin aircon good? system 4

just an advice...

Hi Yang Guo

I am abit confused. I tot that your id will tell you how much is per points. And your id electrician will do everything for you?

HAPPY

Hi Neighbours,

I wish to voice out my anger over the HDB cement screeding contractor so that anyone of you who is engaging HDB to do the FOC screeding will be aware of their terrible service.

I really do not know what to say to him and finally decided to stop the conversation. " THANKS AND BYE ! "

Hi Cindy

Wow, :dancingqueen:

Means you have to ask your air con man to hold on?

2 days cement can dry? Especially nowadays weather is very cool.

Did you ask Tony for help?

HAPPY

hi nemofc

where is tong hong? how to place higher, mostly is placed where you jus walk in the kitchen on the top there, jus outside toilet door... can put in toilet? like not enough space

is daikin aircon good? system 4

oops... what i meant is place outside toilet door (nx to it) but higher, cos' i did saw another unit which was placed at our height level.