Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

dear neighbrs,

i'm shopping arnd for wardrobes for mbr & bedroom 2...does anyone have the measurements from the wall to the wall socket for bedroom 2 and the length of the wardrobe area for mbr? thanks

Edited by dunkmycar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
you very cute leh!! pizza, buns, burgers, cakes n drumsticks... makes me hungry! keke...

dunno abt plc lights. but think the rest should be ok. ard the same as mine. my ceiling fan+light kit+remote costs $328. the uncle says our acrylic buns are not like plastic, so wun turn yellow. but acrylic is a type of plastic loh. kekeke...:sport-smiley-004:!

hi xiao xiin

i also bought lights 2k for whole house and i dun even have f ceiling of l box

didnt know lights can be so expensive

hehe i just got back from balestier too

so if u less away ur mbr light, ur damage is abt $1000 right?

i feel that my total lighting cost is abit exp leh.. do u find that the price ok for u?

do u have dining area hanging light?

No leh.. I dun find a need for dining rm light. The living rm is so freakin small, the 5 pcs overhead is sufficient to brighten up the whole rm. And I'm doing up false ceiling also there'll be cover lights.. for a cosy ambience.

Mine exp coz all designer lights. Except the common toilet, bomb shelter and 2 rooms.

$1.7k.. I find it reasonable with the quality spent.

hi xiao xiin

hi fatbear, you buy designer lights huh? 2k is a lot... but nice lights will really beautify your house. :sport-smiley-004:

hi xiao xiin

Wow 2k for lights are indeed very expensive especially without false ceiling and L box.

Mine is the same as you, no FC and LB.

Guess I have to set aside at least 2K for lights! :sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen: !!

my ID told me some company do that; get the customer, then carpentry done is Msia to cut cost... eg, the wooden laminate on cabinets, if u see those colorful display in all ID offices... they show u lamitak laminate but when doing, they use Msia brand, not actual lamitak brand, by the time work done, no way to verify liao....

dunno how to prevent and verify oso.. just fyi :sport-smiley-004:

Guys,

My ID, also my bro, told me that its better its better to confirm with your ID on the material they use, ibest is they put it in writing on your quotation. (unless its someone you realllllllyyyy trust). Else , its not wrong for them to write things like "instal 20 ft kitchen cabinet", then they get something else from M'sia for you. Unless you're an expert in this field, you won't be able to tell... You might not get what they show you at their showflat. And you can't sue....

There are really plenty of crooks ID that promises you a "branded" sample, but a imitated actual product... Esp'ly during this "peak" reno period when they're short-handed so gotta get reinforcement from M'sia and also they can earn more. "Branded" products usually comes with warranty from the authorised dealer locally instead of the waranty promised by the ID... eventually the warranty from the ID is only as good as it get if and only if he's still working for the same firm years later...

So watch out...

gd news 26b neighbrs..

just dropped by jalan membina and noticed that all the windows are shut. the doors are all locked too. seems like the contractors are ready to hand over the keys to hdb! =)

Collected my keys today :dancingqueen:

Update on Keys collection & Renovation firm & Progress:

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Waiting/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo - rommie - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected/sourcing for ID/Contractor) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (Dec, actively source for ID/Contractor) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

Finally Found my ID/Contractor... :dancingqueen:

Update on Keys collection & Renovation firm & Progress:

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Waiting/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo - rommie - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected/sourcing for ID/Contractor) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (Dec, actively source for ID/Contractor) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

I was at blk25b, took a few photos....

Then happened to meet my neighbours...went around...saw a 3 room flats almost nicely done.

But then seem like tong hong has clinch lots of units over there.

Other than that, very quite and peaceful...no touting uncles around.

Hi all,

Went to look at my flat again today..

Did more checks and found that the water that I turned on last week were still around in the kitchen.. the gradient prob not right.. so called the BSC down to have a look.. they will raise the flooring to allow the water to flow to the drainage etc..

Another one is that my main door.. the rubber.. came out.. and unable to close the door.. I can put it in but then it became loose..

Hopefully I didnt miss anything out :bow:

Btw.. I intend to sign with Baroque.. any comments for this ID?

;)

hi fatbear, you buy designer lights huh? 2k is a lot... but nice lights will really beautify your house. ;)

hi xiao xiin and happy

tell u what i bought

kitchen lights x2

toilet lights x2

dining x1 (crystal light)

living area light +fan x1

three bedrooms lights +fansx3

bomb shelter jus a bulb type

and passageway lights

and master bed room the entrance light

is 2k, basically i use all the light points hdb give and have no additional points is that cheap?

Hi folks,

Jus wondering anyone encountered aircon problem like me?

I've placed an order for a Toshiba System 4 Inverter one month back. But 2 days back, the salesperson called me and said the system failed some nea inspection (something to do with the energy saving ticks) and I won't be able to get the system I ordered. Anyone in the same situation as me?

He offered to replace with other systems that he said cleared the inspection (Namely Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Fujitsu.) He also added if I wish to keep to Toshiba, there'll be a new set released mid of Jan next year. Just wondering is all this true?

Thx..

Hi all,

Went to look at my flat again today..

Did more checks and found that the water that I turned on last week were still around in the kitchen.. the gradient prob not right.. so called the BSC down to have a look.. they will raise the flooring to allow the water to flow to the drainage etc..

Another one is that my main door.. the rubber.. came out.. and unable to close the door.. I can put it in but then it became loose..

Hopefully I didnt miss anything out :bow:

Btw.. I intend to sign with Baroque.. any comments for this ID?

;)

Hi Simpleboi,

how is the price of ur quote like?