Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Xlan - Will be collecting keys on 16th

Sparey - 16 to 20

Nemofc - Not collected keys (L15-20)

Jasch - Not collected keys

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
redbottle, can i apply for the cement screeding on the same day of collection of key? do everything together on 1 day.. possible? faster bah?

hi xlan,

yes, theoretically can apply for cement screeding on the same day as collecting keys...

the place to go for application of cement screeding is Bukit Merah HDB Branch Office... rem DO NOT handover the actual main door and main gate keys... get a padlock for the metal gate and handover the padlock key only...

Edited by redbottle

HDB has done up the cement screeding for my unit... think it was done on last sat, cos the cement screed was still moist yesterday... so din get to inspect the workmanship... hopefully it will be fine... !!

i applied for the cement screeding on 22 sep, so it took about two weeks...

usually it takes abt 3-4weeks (stated on the application form), so was quite surprise when i visited my unit yesterday and saw the cement screed!

P1100792.JPG

P1100788.JPG

yupz, i will be doing laminates flooring for the all the rooms and LR/DR except the foyer, where most probably will be homo tiles...

Hi RED

Plse show us more pic before and during renovation.

More pics pics pics.......

Regards.

HAPPY

that's a good news for us doing cement screeding.

so did you submit the application on the day you got your keys? Did they inform you it done?

hi kriegs,

i submitted the application one week after collecting keys, together with the defect list... at that time, still did not know abt the BSC at Blk 27B, so went to Bt Merah HDB Branch Office instead...

nope, i was not notified of the completion of the screeding... but the BSC did call me to inform me that the defects have been rectified...

sparey

have you finalised your ID?

have anyone write to your officer-in-charged on the keys?

heard from my friend from other estate that they wrote in to enquiry on the keys and 1 week later, they were told to collect keys.

ehh... that time I called the officer-in-charged but couldnt get thru so email instead. The very next day was informed of the collection key date :dunno:

Have not confirm which ID yet. Still cannot decide as of now. Any lobang???

Btw, I did not ask HDB to do up floor screening. Will leave it to ID to settle for me :help:

mm.. dun tink is related to floor too leh.. sparey on mid level.. me on high level.. :help:

redbottle, can i apply for the cement screeding on the same day of collection of key? do everything together on 1 day.. possible? faster bah?

I submit the screeding form on the same day i collected my keys i.e 17Sep. A week later, saw piles of sand in my unit already. However, they completed my screeding on 3Oct, a day after we called officer in charge to check abt the screeding. So now u all know the trick..... no kick no move. :dunno:

Some points to share.

1) Till date, i hv 2 contractors telling me i should let them do lay the tiles for the living room first. Then ask HDB to screed bedroom for my laminate flooring. Their concern is abt the leveling of the tiles n the laminates. I dunno how true this is. But, i hv already ask HDB to do up my screeding.

Brought 1 contractor up to see my screeding leveling already.. he say it's ok as HDB has screed it high for me. So take a note you all out there. If you doing tiles for yr living area and getting HDB to screed, remember to ask them to screed higher for u. :yamseng:

2) U all know those touting uncles rite, BEWARE HOR. Was going thro' those name cards i got (unwillingly) from them , i come across 1 similar name and similar HP number on 2 different company's namecard. I think some uncles are not exactly from the company they say they r from. They will bring u to the few units (which might be different renovator) that he's linked with.

Edited by bee joy

Brought 1 contractor up to see my screeding leveling already.. he say it's ok as HDB has screed it high for me. So take a note you all out there. If you doing tiles for yr living area and getting HDB to screed, remember to ask them to screed higher for u. :help:

yes, an ID told me to that the tiles should be done up first cos scared later the tile height and laminate height not the same...

anyway, already done, so hope it is ok... or at least the contractor/ID can adjust the tiling height to suit the laminate height... :dunno:

yes, an ID told me to that the tiles should be done up first cos scared later the tile height and laminate height not the same...

anyway, already done, so hope it is ok... or at least the contractor/ID can adjust the tiling height to suit the laminate height... :dunno:

Yes, they can adjust the height... but might want to charge u for it.

oh.. then i better check with my ID see what is the preferred arrangement.. thanks for the tips!

ehh... that time I called the officer-in-charged but couldnt get thru so email instead. The very next day was informed of the collection key date :D

Have not confirm which ID yet. Still cannot decide as of now. Any lobang???

Btw, I did not ask HDB to do up floor screening. Will leave it to ID to settle for me :notti:

thanks, so you emailed to your officer-in-charged?

i'll do so shortly. thanks

I submit the screeding form on the same day i collected my keys i.e 17Sep. A week later, saw piles of sand in my unit already. However, they completed my screeding on 3Oct, a day after we called officer in charge to check abt the screeding. So now u all know the trick..... no kick no move. :dancingqueen:

Some points to share.

1) Till date, i hv 2 contractors telling me i should let them do lay the tiles for the living room first. Then ask HDB to screed bedroom for my laminate flooring. Their concern is abt the leveling of the tiles n the laminates. I dunno how true this is. But, i hv already ask HDB to do up my screeding.

Brought 1 contractor up to see my screeding leveling already.. he say it's ok as HDB has screed it high for me. So take a note you all out there. If you doing tiles for yr living area and getting HDB to screed, remember to ask them to screed higher for u. :o

2) U all know those touting uncles rite, BEWARE HOR. Was going thro' those name cards i got (unwillingly) from them , i come across 1 similar name and similar HP number on 2 different company's namecard. I think some uncles are not exactly from the company they say they r from. They will bring u to the few units (which might be different renovator) that he's linked with.

btw, you guys arranged for screeding is for laminate flooring purposes? for tiles / granite, we no need to do, am i right?

thanks, so you emailed to your officer-in-charged?

i'll do so shortly. thanks

btw, you guys arranged for screeding is for laminate flooring purposes? for tiles / granite, we no need to do, am i right?

yup, email officer-in-charged :D

Remember to chk for defects as I found 29 defects. Most defects on windows, main gate as well as doors.

yup, email officer-in-charged :dancingqueen:

Remember to chk for defects as I found 29 defects. Most defects on windows, main gate as well as doors.

:D yeah, thanks, will take note on this.

now waiting for reply & check status on hdb.

yup, email officer-in-charged :D

Hi Sparey,

May i know what kind of defects you are looking for? Because, for my flat, i din find anything major that needs rectify, i am just scare that i might miss out something. As for the windows, main gate and doors, what are the main issues? I only notice that the are crack lines for all my room doors, but think no choice, cos the door is of bad quality. as for the window, just some handle is loose, some is tight. will that pose any problem? Main gate also you find problem ma? Hope you can give me some advice. Thanks!