Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

my ariston storage tank is outside the toilet as well. maybe only electic heater can be kept in the toilet?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
my ariston storage tank is outside the toilet as well. maybe only electic heater can be kept in the toilet?

Hi Ling,

Replied yr pm liao. :)

Hmm, then think i remember wrongly bah. I thought is supposed to be city gas heater outside and storage heater inside? :unsure:

Hi Linggie

I did not do any door at all.

I think glass door look nicer than bifold.

Asking 5 room owners, is glass door or bifold doors the only options for kitchen? which would you recommend? Thanks much!

Hi PUR

1) I ever saw my neighbour install storate heater inside the toilet.

2) It is better to under mount. easy to clean. Top mount afraid in long run, black fengui will appear in the silicon.

3) Window grills may types. I do cheap one, so long it can lock will do. (cos I have small kids around). 5 room cost about $900++.

4) Curtain...I am not sure cos I do the curtain and is badly done. Probably gonna change all the curtain again!!!

Hope it helps.

Happy

Hello All Neighbors,

Will like to ask those neighbors who installed storage heaters, it’s installed outside the toilet or inside? Cos my current new id told me that it will be install outside the toilet, but I thought that’s for city gas heaters right? Storage heater will be inside the toilet right? Anyone, install a storage heater plus an additional instant heater? :P

Also, for kitchen/toilet sinks, top mount or under mount is better? Can share any advise? :)

Last but not least, can share how much u spent for the windows grilles and curtains? Will like to know what’s the price range is like, and anyone have any good and price reasonable contacts to recommend? Thanks in advance!! :D

Hi VIT, so far my metal gate is ok....dont have the prblem. You mean the top or bottom latch? For what I know, it is better not to latch the bottom. Latch on top will do. I dont know why as my contractor told me this.

Hi All, just to check if anyone of you have problems with your metal gate??? The latch of my gate seems to be faulty....I used to get my contractor to repair for me....now that the renovations are over, dunno who to approach already.

Any neighbours have the same problem as me?? or have any contacts where I can call??

TIA

Hello All Neighbors,

Will like to ask those neighbors who installed storage heaters, it’s installed outside the toilet or inside? Cos my current new id told me that it will be install outside the toilet, but I thought that’s for city gas heaters right? Storage heater will be inside the toilet right? Anyone, install a storage heater plus an additional instant heater? :P

Also, for kitchen/toilet sinks, top mount or under mount is better? Can share any advise? :)

Last but not least, can share how much u spent for the windows grilles and curtains? Will like to know what’s the price range is like, and anyone have any good and price reasonable contacts to recommend? Thanks in advance!! :D

Hi Purplesky,

I am using a storage heater as well...its installed outside the toilet. Think its more straightforward for the contractor to install it outside, cos all the pipings are already outside the toilet. Nevertheless, I have seen some of our neighbours place their storage heater inside the toilet as well...It will be much neater but I think the contractor needs to do more work (i.e. u need to pay them more as well).

My kitchen sink is undermount...according to contractor, nowadays more ppl do undermount....he did mention that it will be neater and the finishing will look better when undermount...the actual benefits, i cannot remember...maybe it will be easier to wipe the water on ur table top back to the sink?? Hehe...

As for window grills, I've got no kids at home, therefore, never do grills...I have curtains though...it cost me around $1.4K+ to do day and nite curtains for my whole house (4 room flat). I dun think its the cheapest, if you scan through the previous posts by some of the other neighbours, think they recommended some shops in Katong or something.

Hope the above information helps

Happy surfing and happy renovating.. :D

Edited by Vitamin C

Hi VIT, so far my metal gate is ok....dont have the prblem. You mean the top or bottom latch? For what I know, it is better not to latch the bottom. Latch on top will do. I dont know why as my contractor told me this.

Hi Happy,

The top latch got problem lor...there is no bottom latch for me cos my contractor did not drill the hole for me, he say if drill hole for the bottom latch, it will be dirty cos will collect dust/ dirt. :(

Same comments by my contractor and I insist them drill 1 hole for me! They gave lots of reasons like collect dust. If got dust, then use vacunm to suck the dust our lor. And nearly quarrel with my contractor.

The top latch? Maybe you try to call hdb? Your block (ground floor has a name and phone no. at the notice board), you may try to call him/her about your case.

Hi Happy,

The top latch got problem lor...there is no bottom latch for me cos my contractor did not drill the hole for me, he say if drill hole for the bottom latch, it will be dirty cos will collect dust/ dirt. :(

Hi Linggie

I did not do any door at all.

I think glass door look nicer than bifold.

oh, im sure the price will be "nicer" too haha i need to pay you a visit soon! I still havent go into my flat since i m back.

Sure, give me a call.

But you must be prepare as my house is very messy right now....

Fyi...I do have boxes have not packed yet, all dump into the room.

Feel lazy to pack liao.

oh, im sure the price will be "nicer" too haha i need to pay you a visit soon! I still havent go into my flat since i m back.

Hi PUR

1) I ever saw my neighbour install storate heater inside the toilet.

2) It is better to under mount. easy to clean. Top mount afraid in long run, black fengui will appear in the silicon.

3) Window grills may types. I do cheap one, so long it can lock will do. (cos I have small kids around). 5 room cost about $900++.

4) Curtain...I am not sure cos I do the curtain and is badly done. Probably gonna change all the curtain again!!!

Hope it helps.

Happy

Hihi Happy,

Ok thanks, for the info. Can i have the contacts for the window girlls? I have elderly @ home. Thanks. :D

Hi Purplesky,

I am using a storage heater as well...its installed outside the toilet. Think its more straightforward for the contractor to install it outside, cos all the pipings are already outside the toilet. Nevertheless, I have seen some of our neighbours place their storage heater inside the toilet as well...It will be much neater but I think the contractor needs to do more work (i.e. u need to pay them more as well).

My kitchen sink is undermount...according to contractor, nowadays more ppl do undermount....he did mention that it will be neater and the finishing will look better when undermount...the actual benefits, i cannot remember...maybe it will be easier to wipe the water on ur table top back to the sink?? Hehe...

As for window grills, I've got no kids at home, therefore, never do grills...I have curtains though...it cost me around $1.4K+ to do day and nite curtains for my whole house (4 room flat). I dun think its the cheapest, if you scan through the previous posts by some of the other neighbours, think they recommended some shops in Katong or something.

Hope the above information helps

Happy surfing and happy renovating.. :D

Hihi Vit C,

Thanks for sharing. Ok, guess so confirm can be installed inside toilet then, thought i remember wrongly. Will get my id to install for me inside the toilet, since it can be done and not cant. Yah, i think the sink i will most likely do undermount then, but yr contractor is different, my carpenter is telling me more people is doing top mount and that under mount is not safe/good and etc. Guess, carpenters dont really like to do undermount, cos it's definately more work for them. :P

Thanks, have a nice weekend! =)

Hi PUR

Contractors/id always like that.

Give lots of excuses saying this no good, that no good.

Remember, you stay in the house, not them.

And remember, you pay for it.

And also never heard that undermount is not safe.

Before I moved to jalan membina, my previous house sink also undermount, use it for more than 11 years, never heard sink drop.

So, sont believe all those crap.

Be firm, tell the contractor you want to do this, dont give me excuses.

For the window grill, it is in the quotation. Dont by my contractor.

Remember tiolet windor also do. Air con window also do.

But I am sure your contractor will again say tiolet window nobody do want...tell your contractor bull sh.it.

Hope it helps.

Happy

Hihi Vit C,

Thanks for sharing. Ok, guess so confirm can be installed inside toilet then, thought i remember wrongly. Will get my id to install for me inside the toilet, since it can be done and not cant. Yah, i think the sink i will most likely do undermount then, but yr contractor is different, my carpenter is telling me more people is doing top mount and that under mount is not safe/good and etc. Guess, carpenters dont really like to do undermount, cos it's definately more work for them. :P

Thanks, have a nice weekend! =)

hm... i dun remember i got see any unit with storage heater in the toilet. heehee Mine is outside.

Anyway for the kitchen sink to be under mount one disadvantage is that if sink spolit, got to hack away the surface in order to change which is a hassle. Its actual personal preference lah. top mount oso ok coz mine is top mount so far so good :)

Hi JAZZ....aiyo...you make me scare liao. Mine is undermount...hopefully all is ok. Planning to have extra 3 point plug in the MBR and extra 2 lighting point at my living room. Might also install a tube underneath my top kitchen cabinet too...