Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi PUR, sorry to hear that.

For grouting lines, you mean the toilet tiles? If yes, you may buy from ntuc (magic clean)...I used that and the dirty line can be washed away...but take times.

If you need any electrician, do tell me, as I am going to call my electrician to wire some extra power point and intall new lights and gang switches.

For laminates, I think probably due to hollow benealth it. Cannot be help.

I am using Singtel broadband, so far so good. Thinking of switching to starhub. But not good?

Did you pay up all your renovation costs? If not, dont pay, ask them to see themselves about the worksmanship.

Take care!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi happy, nuthing wrong but i think it is time for servicing...dunno its the weather or the aircon is not working as well as it should be! sooooo hot!

is ur aircon service guys good?

hi happy, nuthing wrong but i think it is time for servicing...dunno its the weather or the aircon is not working as well as it should be! sooooo hot!

is ur aircon service guys good?

Hi Ling,

So far I still have to do any servicing.

Cos I seldon switch on the air con.

I switch on the fan. But my mbr is windy at night.

So far this year 2010, I did not switch on the air con...hahaha.

does any1 hv contacts for a part-time helper on house cleaning service, near our house? or willing to come to our area on weekend (sat/sun) afternoon? am now desperately looking for a gd cleaner to help out in my house chores.. as i'm more n more inconvenient in doing all these chores liao.. m now 6mths preggy.. so will need this helper frm now till at least the year end i tink.. or may b even longer.. any gd recomm??

does any1 hv contacts for a part-time helper on house cleaning service, near our house? or willing to come to our area on weekend (sat/sun) afternoon? am now desperately looking for a gd cleaner to help out in my house chores.. as i'm more n more inconvenient in doing all these chores liao.. m now 6mths preggy.. so will need this helper frm now till at least the year end i tink.. or may b even longer.. any gd recomm??

Hello xlan, pm-ed you. Anmd congrats on your pregnancy! :)

Hi Ling,

So far I still have to do any servicing.

Cos I seldon switch on the air con.

I switch on the fan. But my mbr is windy at night.

So far this year 2010, I did not switch on the air con...hahaha.

sigh the perks of living high high in the sky hahaha

cant sleep with windows open lah, so noisy from the traffic and so dusty also. even with windows closed 24/7, the mbr is the most dusty room in the house~

haha on well, i contacted my tenant's old aircon service man to come next week...

xlan, u r looking so ! A gorgeous mummmmy...

haha.. thanks linggie.. tot i looked very much ballooned up.. hahaha..

i tink my aircon need a servicing too.. feeling my aircon not as cold anymore.. pls let us know if ur aircon service man is gd.. may need to get contact frm u.. thanks! :P

Hi Ladies, you ever go the the playground for a walk? (beside 25a and 25b), around 5pm +, it was crowded with children and babies, you may take a walk there and mix around too.

Hi H4happy,

Yes, grouting lines is the toilet floor tiles. My main problem is not really because they are dirty, that I think most probably can be solved by scrubbing for hours bah, or to live with it. :( The main problem is the grouting are not done well, they are like only half filled, very hollow and thus dirt get trap in them very easily, :bangwall: also makes it more difficult to scrub it clean too. :~

Tks, hmm don’t think I need any electrician now yet. Did have some lights that kept on flickering, but got my hubby to solve them already, hope will not happen again, cos they siao siao one. As for the hood/oven switch, think will leave the dummy heater switch as it is, no choice lor. ;)

As for the laminates, are u using laminates yrself? I really very scare of my floor laminates cracking, very insecure. :huh: Other defects still can be hidden or nv see then nv mind, but for flooring hor, how to don’t see/feel or hide it? Haha, everyday, everytime have to walk on it one. :(

For the broadband, I also not sure is the problem w Starhub or @ my end, that’s why I’m asking neighbors lor.

Not going to call the ID company up, what for calling them? When the previous things they also nv complete, so now call them up also no use. The only thing that company knows is how to start a shouting match over the phone! :(

Btw, how do u remove the kitchen & toilet’s red & blue stickers away cleanly? Cos I removed mine already, but still have the stickers stains there. Tried using the stickers’ remover and also cif cleaner also cannot remove them. Think maybe bcox my plc have the stickers pasted on for too long, so now cant remove them totally away. Any ideas how to remove the stickers stains away cleanly? :unsure:

To Xian, congrats! :dancingqueen:

Hi PUR,

1) Better dont remove the red and blue stickers, that is the area that pipes are hidden. In case yr electrician or yr hubby diy any rack, you will know that those area are not meant to drill on it.

I am thinking of buying a permanent red and blue marker to draw the line and then took out the red and blue tapes.

2) My toilet grouting lines also terrible!!!! Dirt very hard to get rid of. Now I am using Magic Clean...it really works! NTUC sell 3 bottles per pack. Really can wash out the dark dirt. But not all lah. Some already very hard to clean it white.

3) Yeah, understand how one feel when step on the laminate flooring and heard the cracking sound. Probably there is some air inside. I think have to live with it liao.

Cheers.

Happy

if really can't tahan the red n blue marking.. wat i did was took some photos of them n achieve properly.. on removing the sticker stain.. a more eco-friendly way i heard is to use olive oil n rub it in a circular motion.. i hv nvr try it b4 cos i just read it recently on some taiwan magazine.. last time wat i did i used the Ronsonol Lighter Fluid

41CGtHh5epL._SL500_AA300_.jpg..

but this 1 u gotta be careful cos chemical is not gd for skin for prolong usage..

for the grouting probs.. a more eco-friendly way is to use soda powder (some refer as baking powder or baking soda).. sprinkle on the dirt n leave it overnight.. then jus rinse w/ water.. if this too gentle n can't wash it clean in ur opinion.. wat i did i mix 1/3 bleach w/ 2/3 water in a spray bottle n spray the whole floor leave it for 2-3 hours then rinse off thoroughly until no soapy feeling.. bleach u gotta really rinse v clean else when u step on it is not gd for ur skin.. n dun forget to put on a mask b4 u spray cos u dun wanna inhale the bleach that much.. no gd for ur body..

if really can't tahan the red n blue marking.. wat i did was took some photos of them n achieve properly.. on removing the sticker stain.. a more eco-friendly way i heard is to use olive oil n rub it in a circular motion.. i hv nvr try it b4 cos i just read it recently on some taiwan magazine.. last time wat i did i used the Ronsonol Lighter Fluid

41CGtHh5epL._SL500_AA300_.jpg..

but this 1 u gotta be careful cos chemical is not gd for skin for prolong usage..

for the grouting probs.. a more eco-friendly way is to use soda powder (some refer as baking powder or baking soda).. sprinkle on the dirt n leave it overnight.. then jus rinse w/ water.. if this too gentle n can't wash it clean in ur opinion.. wat i did i mix 1/3 bleach w/ 2/3 water in a spray bottle n spray the whole floor leave it for 2-3 hours then rinse off thoroughly until no soapy feeling.. bleach u gotta really rinse v clean else when u step on it is not gd for ur skin.. n dun forget to put on a mask b4 u spray cos u dun wanna inhale the bleach that much.. no gd for ur body..

use what to solve sticky and oily based tile. will beach work?

use what to solve sticky and oily based tile. will beach work?

i used the lighter fluid to dissolve stickiness (caused by any stickers, eg masking tapes, price tags, etc)

oily? i tot normal detergent will wash away the oil? anyway.. does tile has categories for oily or dry base? (sorry for my bimbo qn..)

the coffee shop having reno , hope will bring new food and better coffee shop for us .

I feel that our Jalan membina need a POSB ATM leh , very manfan must walk until Tiong bahru then can withdrawn money hahaha.

the coffee shop having reno , hope will bring new food and better coffee shop for us .

I feel that our Jalan membina need a POSB ATM leh , very manfan must walk until Tiong bahru then can withdrawn money hahaha.

haha.. yes same thots on the ATM.. but hubby said usually banks only put 1 ATM w/ dunno how many meters away unless the customer base is big enough.. perhaps can write in feedback?