Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

I'm On Strike !

then u strange woman.. haha. or because you use the vertical type,not the ironing board type? The vertical looks quite good during the demo at the shopping mall, actual effect then I dont know.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Huh? Women are a natural?? I think it's because we're just more fussy.

I tort it is more of "bo pian" since our HB dun help out? kekeke

ya for me, plus ironing too. I hate ;):unsure: I also feel women are generally more into housekeeping stuff, more neater I guess! But again, I have also come across some who dont bother much about cleanliness or hygiene. :)

Ya ya....I have a friend....dunno whether she does her hsewk every week....

Cos her HB also bo chap and there is one CNY we actually went her house and she tok

out her dusty fan out for us as it is very hot...

And guess wat, when the fan starts blowing, the dust also starts flying....My friend's son

actually picks the dust from the floor and play with it, scared the wits out of her...

Then in the end, she bo pian gt to vacuum the fan! Pengz....

Wah....I dun tink I can tahan tis....I like cleaniless one....Phew!

I noe this is strange but i like ironing :)

I also hate iroing...especially when ironing my HB's shirt!

Then now I scrub the shirt first, throw into the machine, take out and iron when

it is still wet. Then hang the half dry shirt back to dry....and keep into the

wardrobe when it is dry.

Wet shirts are easy to iron. And I iron the shirts every day after dinner so tat I will not

have so much to iron during weekends! At the same time, i can keep slim so tat

I dun sit down after eating...Killing 2 birds in one stone!

There was once I even quarrel with my HB on ironing...its really frustrating lor...

then u strange woman.. haha. or because you use the vertical type,not the ironing board type? The vertical looks quite good during the demo at the shopping mall, actual effect then I dont know.

My Hb attempts to buy 1 for me when I was making a fuss on ironing at 1 time.

Then I stop him cos it is quite expensive and my arm aches when I try on the

vertical type! cos the handle quite heavy....dun tink is practical leh....

Still prefers the old types!

I tort it is more of "bo pian" since our HB dun help out? kekeke

Ya ya....I have a friend....dunno whether she does her hsewk every week....

Cos her HB also bo chap and there is one CNY we actually went her house and she tok

out her dusty fan out for us as it is very hot...

And guess wat, when the fan starts blowing, the dust also starts flying....My friend's son

actually picks the dust from the floor and play with it, scared the wits out of her...

Then in the end, she bo pian gt to vacuum the fan! Pengz....

Wah....I dun tink I can tahan tis....I like cleaniless one....Phew!

haha, that must be an embarrassing scene. That is quite extreme, even though I dont like to do hsework.

I also hate iroing...especially when ironing my HB's shirt!

Then now I scrub the shirt first, throw into the machine, take out and iron when

it is still wet. Then hang the half dry shirt back to dry....and keep into the

wardrobe when it is dry.

Wet shirts are easy to iron. And I iron the shirts every day after dinner so tat I will not

have so much to iron during weekends! At the same time, i can keep slim so tat

I dun sit down after eating...Killing 2 birds in one stone!

hmm, quite a good idea! No need to spray water during ironing since the shirt is still wet. I find a tiring thing to iron esp the men's shirts are so big in size. Pants too! My hb has a 38 inch waist, his pants can fit 1.5 or 2 of me inside leh!! There was once I even quarrel with my HB on ironing...its really frustrating lor...

My Hb attempts to buy 1 for me when I was making a fuss on ironing at 1 time.

Then I stop him cos it is quite expensive and my arm aches when I try on the

vertical type! cos the handle quite heavy....dun tink is practical leh....

Still prefers the old types!

There are ex and cheaper ones. Cheapers one around $190 i think. Ya, I also find the head a bit heavy when you have to go up and down movements. Seems like no perfect solution. If I use the the board type, I tend to slouch leh, dont know why.

Edited by whiteivory

Wah..i must be one of the rare ones to like ironing. I also duno why leh. Anything to do with touching water, i dun like...but ironing, quite alrite for me cos i get a sense of satisfaction when i see wrinkle-free tops !!

Mine not vertical of cos...I have an ex-boss who has a vertical one but she ends up using the normal one in the end...

Whiteivory, tink u quite tall isit? Cos im abt 1.59 & those normal board, i adjust it to the highest, juz nice for me...if too low, my back will ache. When i vaccum & mop the whole house liao, my back will ache whole nite...very lousy rite...

Edited by cheesecake

Actually I think I am one of the rare few lucky ones where my MIL does not go all out to pick on me or to speak badly of me.

She's actually quite a difficult person, very stubborn, opinionated, and judgmental. When I tell my friends "stories" abt her, they find it hard to accept, and a few have even encountered her and were shocked at her behavior. But fortunately she has a good heart, and ultimately wants everyone to be happy. So... as long as I do my best to be nice to her, show her respect, she is very doting on her sons and daughter-in-laws.

I am not an ideal DIL myself. I am quite lazy as I grew up with a maid at home, so I hardly do chores, even though I know how to. Fortunately her own son is also like that, and he is served hand and foot since young. So she does not expect very much from me either, because of the way she views children and housework.

We used to have a maid, but recently we sent her back and don't intend to get another for now. I do try to help with the chores, but she usually shoos me away because she's much more efficient than me and she is very particular abt the way it's done. And because I don't do much cleaning of my own bedroom during the week, she also does not make too much noise, or try to impose her own super hygiene standards onto me. Usually she will hint a bit... I will try a bit... then I will slack after a while :dunno:

As for talking abt me, I believe she speaks of both good and bad in equal measure. So I think that's fair and a good balance. She won't go and deliberately slime me lor, and I believe she's proud of me in certain ways, and will share that to her relatives. In fact, she will probably defend me if the occasion arises. At least she is honest... even to herself.

I also have a great r/s with my sister-in-law (hubby's bro's wife). She's a super sweet person and she has the kindest heart. She doesn't gossip at all, and always tries to see the best in people. In fact she will always try to speak good of my MIL to me, and vice versa, so that everyone knows that there is goodwill from everyone.

My MIL has also NEVER spoken bad of my SIL to me, or of me to my SIL. She has also NEVER compared the two of us. THIS I find amazing.

For all this, I am very grateful. I think character differences are only to be expected, as are differences in opinions. What matters most is that both parties are sincere about building a good r/s, and willing to put down pride to settle differences, and to appreciate each other.

For my part, I try to make my MIL happy. I chat with her, generally agree with her abt everything, try to do all the errands she ask of me, curry favor her (yes she enjoys that cos she very hao lian), buy her gifts, treat her son like king, tolerate his bad temper meekly and show her that I am very grateful and appreciative. So it's really a lot of give and take lah... Must figure out what makes the other person tick.

Gnm,

Like what I said, household chores may seem trivial, but it can be detrimental to a marriage if they're not dealt with. Like how you've reacted, a friend expressed surprise at my frustration over housework,"What's there to quarrel over housework?" Then I found out that her husband helps out around the house - mops the floor, hang the laundry, takes care of the baby, to list a few. If you've a helping husband (that's not to say that 'you', Gnm, are a female), you wouldn't understand the frustration and tiredness of being a all-in-one woman.

But of course, like what you've speculated, there're other issues. I don't know which is worse: a husband who is almost perfect except that he is unfaithful, or a husband whose only good point is being faithful. I suspect it's the former. At least you feel that he's the head of the household and takes care of you, and there's a valid reason to divorce him if you want to.

I'd thought we'd sorted out all the household issues before marriage. He'd agreed to what I suggested. And I had trusted him to carry out his promises. Now there's no fulfilment of the promises. To me, he has lost all credibility. I have problems believing what he says and the lack of trust shows when we communicate. He then gets frustrated that I don't trust him to get a simple job done - but he does screw them up half the time.

I didn't know he gambles huge. When I first realised he spent hundreds on the tickets after marriage, I told him I would divorce him if he does it again. I thought he would do it on the sly but I didn't want to restrict him too much as long as he kept the amount to a minimal. The last I knew, he spent $1.9k on just 3 tickets when there're other tickets lying around and he tried to lie to me that they are expired tickets when the date of purchase was on the tickets themselves.

How can I, or anybody, trust that he will not gamble huge again? It's a habit, clearly. It makes me feel insecure that he would rather spend this kinda money on his habit than go clear his credit card debts, and come back and tell me he doesn't have money.

It makes me feel that I'd rather he goes out and sleeps with another woman so that I can divorce him quickly.

For every problem, there's supposed to be a solution. But a lot depends on whether the person sees it as a problem or not, or whether he would like to solve the problem.

Have you tried suggesting that in order to help control his habit, you take charge of all the finances?

Give him a fix amt of allowance every mth. The rest goes to yr account so that you'll hv full control on paying those bills... that way I guess you might feel safer in the sense that you wont have the bankers showing up 1 day in yr flat telling you that yr hubby has defaulted the payment so badly that they are confiscating the hse or something.

Meanwhile, do re-consider & try to work things out. If there's a need, see a marriage counselor. You do have your child to think of.... Having come from a broken family myself, its not easy when I was a child. The adults had their minds full with work, etc that they hardly had time to care whats gg on with the child's life & the hurt they felt when the parents separate.

JM2C.

Wah..i must be one of the rare ones to like ironing. I also duno why leh. Anything to do with touching water, i dun like...but ironing, quite alrite for me cos i get a sense of satisfaction when i see wrinkle-free tops :notti:

Mine not vertical of cos...I have an ex-boss who has a vertical one but she ends up using the normal one in the end...

Whiteivory, tink u quite tall isit? Cos im abt 1.59 & those normal board, i adjust it to the highest, juz nice for me...if too low, my back will ache. When i vaccum & mop the whole house liao, my back will ache whole nite...very lousy rite...

You actually like ironing?!?

I just finished one big load of ironing for both me and my wife's clothes and I want to die liow.

The hours of standing is really a pain. If not for the TV to distract me while ironing, I think I will go nuts!

Man~~~ I miss those days where I wear only jeans and t-shirts to go to work. :notti:

:bow: say, you like ironing so much, ever tot of making money out of it? :P

:P After three weeks, I got mountains of clothes to iron! :dunno:

Anyways, chores are never easy to do. Especially when you are doing it yourself.

Takes two frigging hours just to sweep and mop the floor. And by then, tired out liow.

I keep telling myself, must break down the chores so smaller tasks and do during the week, but with long hours at work, it is really hard to want to do chores at the end of a work day.

Luckily, I have a wife who is very helpful with the chores and we are able to work hand-in-hand to finish them during the weekends.

my hubby takes more than half an hour to iron one shirt.

huh? why so long?

Thomas Smith shirt is it?

those shirts are like impossible to get a wrinkle free finish when ironing.

After ironing one part, shift to another, the ironed part will get wrinkled again!

Hate those shirts!

I take just less than 10 minutes to iron each shirt. Since I wear business shirts 4 days a week (Friday is dress-down day, and I wear polo t-shirts), I take under 1 hour to complete the ironing.

For those who have problems ironing, the best means of ironing is to iron your shirt is when it is almost dry. The hot iron, when in contact with the little moisture left on the shirt, will result in a very well pressed shirt. However, those who don't sit and wait for the shirts to be half dry can use one of the following: a) steam iron; b) water spray on the shirt; c) iron-on spray (e.g. Kiwi, Easy-On etc.). If you ask me to rate, I would say that a damp shirt is the easiest to iron, follow by the use of iron-on spray.

P.S. I've had loads of ironing experience. I was 16 years old when I started ironing my elder brothers' army uniforms. In those days, the uniforms have to be heavily starched.

Wah..i must be one of the rare ones to like ironing. I also duno why leh. Anything to do with touching water, i dun like...but ironing, quite alrite for me cos i get a sense of satisfaction when i see wrinkle-free tops :notti:

me not tall..only in my dreams or when I am drunk. :rofl: haha.

I think just bad posture. ya, me too when I clean the flooring for the whole house, not using the mop, just a cloth and my hands. My arms and thighs sure ache. Maybe a form of burning my fat in those areas. Practice makes perfect.:rofl:

is it becoz he is a perfectionist?
huh? why so long?

Thomas Smith shirt is it?

those shirts are like impossible to get a wrinkle free finish when ironing.

After ironing one part, shift to another, the ironed part will get wrinkled again!

Hate those shirts!

nope. cos he can't iron & i went on strike too... and he gotta iron his own clothes (and mine too actually) :wub:

i can iron a shirt within 5-10mins after almost 3 months of practise :D

nope. cos he can't iron & i went on strike too... and he gotta iron his own clothes (and mine too actually) :D

i can iron a shirt within 5-10mins after almost 3 months of practise :notti:

No iron, easy man, I am a lazy man but try not to give my wife too many hasstle in house chore.

Wear Jeans, T-shirts

Buy crumpleless shirt

No cloth spining dry after washing, after washing leave water to drip dry by hanging them in hanger.

Buy many many same design white office shirt such that even if you don't change people also don't know man.

wah your fren solid. how did she accumulate so much dirt one?

my fren also..dun think she do housework...hb also bo chap pattern. think only play games n watch tv with hb during weekends (they didn't move in yet). anyway once she invited us over, i was the first one to reach...n saw her trying to clean up her place b4 the other guest came. So i helped her and wah, a thick layer of dust on her dining table, coffee table etc. I nearly phengz. its like half a year of no cleaning...Dunno how can she stand it? :D

But the efforts to clean up the place really pays off becoz our guest always comment that our place like showflat...no dust n clean feeling. hb very **** proud of our place also. :notti:

I gather she did not clean her fan at all after moving in for 2 years ba...

Imagine u sniffing in the dust everyday.....eeeeeee...I super cannot

tahan lor....I will do minimum household chores even when i am down with

fever...My HB says I am like a bull!

wah..i also agree with your hb. how did u manage it?! !!

Mabbe I super like clean house la....not 100% clean, bt at least the floor tat I step on must

be up to my standard lor...I cannot stand stepping on greasy floors lor...