Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

I'm On Strike !

I'm a working mom who's I've been married for 6 years now.

For 6 years I've been managing almost everything.

I come back home, pick up my 5 yrs ol son from child care.

Then I feed him dinner, revise him on his school work , wash, fold & keep the laundry ,

vacume & mop house plus other misc stuff. Try and put my hyper son to sleep, which could

take hrs then I can finally rest, which by then it's almost midnight :jawdrop:

My hubby does help ard the hse plus he's in charge of cleaning the toilet every week.

But usually, he's comes back home, either plays the X box, computer or meddle with his stoopid new hp.

I understand that he's tired and thats he's way of relaxing after a hard days work. But I'm working too !

And my hubby's rather complicated, he's a very clean BUT messy person ! His cupboard look like a

rubbish bin. Sometimes I dunno why I bother folding his shirts. :)

I confronted him 3 nights ago and told him to take the initiative to help out when I'm occupied

with something else, he said he don't understand why I'm complaining coz it's not a difficult thing to do.

I was SO PISSED :)

I then told him, if's its so easy, then prove me wrong.

From that night onwards, he'll have to clean up after himself, manage his own laundry, wash his own dishes,

prepare his own food and see if its easy and not exhausting. :)

It's been 2 days now and his doing everything himself. That will teach him.

And I don't plan to stop my strike :dribble:

Not in the position to comment as i'm a stay home mom with a live-in maid.

But before having kids, i dont do ironing too. I simply HATE it.

I would rather pay the laundry shop to wash and iron for a min S$2+ per shirt.

(that was 7 yrs ago). Not sure about the market rate now.

Just a suggestion, save lots of time!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not in the position to comment as i'm a stay home mom with a live-in maid.

But before having kids, i dont do ironing too. I simply HATE it.

I would rather pay the laundry shop to wash and iron for a min S$2+ per shirt.

(that was 7 yrs ago). Not sure about the market rate now.

Just a suggestion, save lots of time!

Wah...imagine 5 shirts per work week and tt will easily cost abt $14! I rather do it myself....

Bt if u can afford, then its ok la, for me, I will rather spend it on other ways...

I also think the best way to solve this problem is to 'outsource' the household chores. Luckily we are in Singapore where the cost of maid is not so exorbitant. (Imagine, in US/UK you'd have to be a movie star, royalties or billionaire to afford a maid)

Anyone got contact for good weekly maid service/company ? Pls PM me, thanks! :-)

Hi Hi peeps ,

Its been almost 3 mths since I wrote about my husband and things have improved since then. :D

We had a talk and have decided to compromise. Now he does all the housework , I just fold the laundry and other misc stuff during my off day.So far, he's doing a great job coz he 'll clean up before he goes to bed so everything's clean in the morning. We normally leave for work and send my son to the nursery.

So when I get back , the house is still clean :P

We don't do any ironing coz most of our clothes don't need ironing and only very seldom do we iron our clothes. Things are better now , I got to spend more time with my son after school instead of being too occupied with house chores. :thumbs up:

Thank you to all you guys for your encouragement !

Assuming 5 shirts = $10 for easy illustraton.

1 month = $40.

1 year= $480.

10 years= $4800 on ironing alone... :jawdrop:

I think ï'd rather do myself. :jawdrop:

Hmmm... get a steam iron! You get to sit down and watch tv and ironing will be a breeze! It's value for money, really. :jawdrop: I don't like to iron so all our clothes are not ironed. But i try to fold them neatly coz the crease will not be so visible under a heavy stack of clothes. Of course your folding skills must be good too. Hehe...

I guess it's important to pick up after yourselves to minimise the mess. Your household chores will not be so heavy too. I only do household chores once a week. And major ones once a month. So i can't complain about the "load" as it only takes up 2hrs tops off my time. I don't ask for help unless i'm super tired but i've not been rejected as well. :P

Compromise (and a little training) is the key!

Hi Hi peeps ,

Its been almost 3 mths since I wrote about my husband and things have improved since then. :P

We had a talk and have decided to compromise. Now he does all the housework , I just fold the laundry and other misc stuff during my off day.So far, he's doing a great job coz he 'll clean up before he goes to bed so everything's clean in the morning. We normally leave for work and send my son to the nursery.

So when I get back , the house is still clean :help:

We don't do any ironing coz most of our clothes don't need ironing and only very seldom do we iron our clothes. Things are better now , I got to spend more time with my son after school instead of being too occupied with house chores. :jawdrop:

Thank you to all you guys for your encouragement !

Hey clockwork, really happy for you! :deal:

Hey clockwork, really happy for you! !!

Yeah, good man should do house work. Another form of practical ways to express love. nice and happy to hear that. Jia you, continue to communicate and voice out!

:dancingqueen:

My friend also complain to me that her husband (now divorced) never does housework. Only when she gets really angry and quarrel over it.

There is once she does her part and went out for a course, her husband play computer games till the very last minute before doing the "housework". He was suppose to fold the clothings but end up hiding it on the window aircon ledge outside their punggol flat and drew the curtains to cover it.

Then the messy table, he wrap all the rubbish and magaziines up with the dining cloth and threw into the drawer. Swept the dust on the floor all to the toilet.

She say she give up on him.....

Edited by kellyla

My friend also complain to me that her husband (now divorced) never does housework. Only when she gets really angry and quarrel over it.

There is once she does her part and went out for a course, her husband play computer games till the very last minute before doing the "housework". He was suppose to fold the clothings but end up hiding it on the window aircon ledge outside their punggol flat and drew the curtains to cover it.

Then the messy table, he wrap all the rubbish and magaziines up with the dining cloth and threw into the drawer. Swept the dust on the floor all to the toilet.

She say she give up on him.....

Ya loh. Ask your friend HB to "ZiDong" automatic allitle bit lah. A women can help you to form a family, tries to help you to bring the bread home, why you cannot do allitle bit of house work properly?

Even as a man I cannot understand... I work but after work still come back to help in house work, looking after toddles and attend working meetings at night :lol: but I am happy :lol:

Edited by TPY

Recommended that before marriage, discuss on the role of housework, kids and marriage values to make sure that things are talk through b4 committing on paper. Men tend to take things for granted, stop their engine and park after marriage.

Before wedding I have already discuss with my hb that we will distribute our housework. So he will vacuum and mop the floor, iron his own clothes & clean the toilet & WC. I wash the clothes & hang them, cook dinner (occasional).

Though washing clothes seem easy but can be v tiring as it is daily work (we have small space for hanging of clothes). He does cleaning on floor every 2 weeks, i dunno if any one can tahan but since i am lazy i just close one eye on the flooring :(

I will say my hb is v nice on housework, not many men will do housework. The key is to discuss this before wedding, dun discuss when u find the problem crop up after marriage then complain and lead to quarrel etc.

Recommended that before marriage, discuss on the role of housework, kids and marriage values to make sure that things are talk through b4 committing on paper. Men tend to take things for granted, stop their engine and park after marriage.

Before wedding I have already discuss with my hb that we will distribute our housework. So he will vacuum and mop the floor, iron his own clothes & clean the toilet & WC. I wash the clothes & hang them, cook dinner (occasional).

Though washing clothes seem easy but can be v tiring as it is daily work (we have small space for hanging of clothes). He does cleaning on floor every 2 weeks, i dunno if any one can tahan but since i am lazy i just close one eye on the flooring !!

I will say my hb is v nice on housework, not many men will do housework. The key is to discuss this before wedding, dun discuss when u find the problem crop up after marriage then complain and lead to quarrel etc.

Bt I guess most of us overlook on the discussion part even marriage and went ahead to sign on the dotted line and quarrels when problem arises...

Bt few HBs will be like yr HB whom will keep their word on the housework part wor....

They can promise tons of things and went back on their word after they hit their target...

As wat u mention, they tends to take things for granted....sigh!