Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheng73

Divorce To Appeal For Hdb Loan - Pls Advise

Hi, i stumbled upon this website and knowing that the information are very information.

I am a divorcee with a 8 yo child and now, we are in the midst of processing our 5rm flat in Jln Teck Whye. My ex husband is in debts and bankcrupt and applying for approval from HLE to buy over my part share as we believe our 5 rm flat will not fetch any good price.

firstly, i would like to find out if anyone here knows any rules & regulation from HDB:-

1. Firstly, i am a divorcee and with a 8yo kid, this is my 3rd time to apply for a HDB Flat (as I need to have a roof for myself and my kid), i knew that i m not entitled to HDB loan and grant. I went for appeal, getting MP to write in and manage to only grant me 200K. HDB property is v hot now, will i able to get a 4S with 200k in bt batok or chao chu kang.

2. About property agents, i do nd to have referral with well experience and v truthful agent. the formal agent which we used to have is v dishonest and untruthful. she knows well that my ex husband is seeking for divorce due to involvement in 3rd party and still proceed ahead to get me to sign off the appt letter and my husband raise the divorce on the eve of collection of keys. since, i hd not been staying in our 2nd flat and i m not contributing to the CPF.

3. i m now employed in semi govt hospital, earning more than 2.3K. if i m applying for bank loan for 4rm, must i fork out $ and what are the basic critieria.

4. renovation. i nd a reliable renovation contractor which have gd and cheap service. any recommendation. how to go about renovation loan.

i hope there is some reply to my queries

to finalise, i just feel that Singapore does not protect women / divorcee with kid. HDB rules always change and they dun sympathy or give citizens a chance to hv their own home.

thank u. :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1. Well, sad to say that with the property market now, it is quite difficult to get a 4rm at 200k unless you want to stay in those super ulu place. Even a 4rm Sengkang will cost 230k. Don't mind I say, if you are lucky, you found a unit that is the same situation as you and they are willing to sell it quick and cheap. Try to find low floor and not-so-good location. You may still have a chance.

2. I have one agent that I intro to all my friends. If you need the contact, please pm me.

3. You will really need to call all the banks to enquire.

4. I have just done up my house by a contractor. Note that he is a contractor, not a ID. So you will need to design by yourself. I cannot say that they are cheap or very good. But I can say that he is responsible and so far I am quite satisfied with the work. If you need the contact, please pm me.

I hope you can pull through this difficult time and wish you best of luck.

1. Well, sad to say that with the property market now, it is quite difficult to get a 4rm at 200k unless you want to stay in those super ulu place. Even a 4rm Sengkang will cost 230k. Don't mind I say, if you are lucky, you found a unit that is the same situation as you and they are willing to sell it quick and cheap. Try to find low floor and not-so-good location. You may still have a chance.

2. I have one agent that I intro to all my friends. If you need the contact, please pm me.

3. You will really need to call all the banks to enquire.

4. I have just done up my house by a contractor. Note that he is a contractor, not a ID. So you will need to design by yourself. I cannot say that they are cheap or very good. But I can say that he is responsible and so far I am quite satisfied with the work. If you need the contact, please pm me.

I hope you can pull through this difficult time and wish you best of luck.

hi mousehunt.

Thanks for your reply and if pos, please pass the contact of an agent....

btw, any difference btw from contractor and ID. I hd ready furnitures. To standby a gd contractor, jus in case, need to do the flooring, wall, wiring and touch up.

i m intend to seek for 4S in bt batok or chao chu kang. hopefully to get 1.

I have pm you.

A contractor will do according to what you want. They offer advice on the work done but not on the design and you have to come out with the things you wanted to do. An ID will design everything for you, draw nice diagram and charge you more. :furious:

If you really want to save money, get all the wet works done by the contractor. Kitchen, wiring etc, try to get individual contractor to compare prices. Of course, the downside is now you become the contractor and you need time and energy to do all the co-ordination which may be difficult for you.

For my case, I get my contractor to do all the wet works. Varnishing of floor, changing of windows, plumbing and doors etc., I source for different contractors. I have saved about almost a S$1000 compare if I get my contractor to do it. But to be fair to them, your contractor will also need to earn if he do the co-ordination for you.

If you need contacts for other stuff, you can post your questions here and I believe definitely there will be some good suggestions given by other forum-ers!

web

Hi espresso, he will be buying my part share and all my <accear of interest> S$75K will be return to my CPF and is not enough to purchase the flat as i stopped work for few years before divorce.

Sometimes, i do hope that HDB do considered 2nd chance for divorcee with sole custody of kids.

;)

Hi espresso, he will be buying my part share and all my <accear of interest> S$75K will be return to my CPF and is not enough to purchase the flat as i stopped work for few years before divorce.

Sometimes, i do hope that HDB do considered 2nd chance for divorcee with sole custody of kids.

:bangwall:

hmm, what do you want hdb to consider???

you already got 2 hdb loan and now hdb is giving you a 3rd

not consideration enough???

]

hi applefreak...sorry to phrase in such way. i do not know if you really understand or know what we went thru.

before HDB revert to me, i fight v hard and for many months, going to seek for MP's appeal, legal aid and to HDB office and getting thru the right officer.

it is long that simple. it went thru many months and many justification.

yes yes i understand

two of my friends went through the same process as you did

and they are now happy owners of 3-rm flats

so in a way, it is fair that everyone is entitled to 2 hdb loans

and you already get the 3rd coz of your unique situations

guess i'm feeling a little grouchy here

coz i will never get that loan no matter how i appeal

see, i'm the 'under-privilege' minority who is not married so i can't even buy a hdb flat on my own. appeal to PM also no use :notti:

you are very lucky to get hdb loan for the 3nd time.. congrats.

hopefully smooth sailing for you and your kid.

recently i went for flat hunting around bt batok area. come across 1 unit. 5room for 218 last offer. quite near to mrt. the owner was a chinese indo. rich ppl with other private propertys so dunt mind selling for cheap. if you interested i can intro u to the agent.. but i dont think its there already.. :notti:

search around find more agent.. u'll find the unit u want. bukit batok 4room 200k is possible..

Hi, i stumbled upon this website and knowing that the information are very information.

I am a divorcee with a 8 yo child and now, we are in the midst of processing our 5rm flat in Jln Teck Whye. My ex husband is in debts and bankcrupt and applying for approval from HLE to buy over my part share as we believe our 5 rm flat will not fetch any good price.

firstly, i would like to find out if anyone here knows any rules & regulation from HDB:-

1. Firstly, i am a divorcee and with a 8yo kid, this is my 3rd time to apply for a HDB Flat (as I need to have a roof for myself and my kid), i knew that i m not entitled to HDB loan and grant. I went for appeal, getting MP to write in and manage to only grant me 200K. HDB property is v hot now, will i able to get a 4S with 200k in bt batok or chao chu kang.

2. About property agents, i do nd to have referral with well experience and v truthful agent. the formal agent which we used to have is v dishonest and untruthful. she knows well that my ex husband is seeking for divorce due to involvement in 3rd party and still proceed ahead to get me to sign off the appt letter and my husband raise the divorce on the eve of collection of keys. since, i hd not been staying in our 2nd flat and i m not contributing to the CPF.

3. i m now employed in semi govt hospital, earning more than 2.3K. if i m applying for bank loan for 4rm, must i fork out $ and what are the basic critieria.

4. renovation. i nd a reliable renovation contractor which have gd and cheap service. any recommendation. how to go about renovation loan.

i hope there is some reply to my queries

to finalise, i just feel that Singapore does not protect women / divorcee with kid. HDB rules always change and they dun sympathy or give citizens a chance to hv their own home.

thank u. :notti:

Maybe you can consider Bukit Panjang. Close to CCK and Teck Whye. Check the newspapers, and you may get a 4 room for that price.

And treasure your new house cos you are given an extra HDB loan whereby most of us may not be able to get even the 1st HDB loan.

u mean not even the 1st HDB loan. is it due to high income? yes, after approval from HDB and get a flat, will treasure and if no choice, go for 3 room and makeover. hopefully, every went smooth.