Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheng73

Divorce To Appeal For Hdb Loan - Pls Advise

Oic...sorri tat I do not noe tat u intends to stay wif yr parents...

Then it is advisable to get a 4 room....bt get 1 tat is renovated...so tat

u will not over stretch yr finance...

And getting a reno loan may not be approved...do consider wat if it is not approved?

Still tink tat 200k with a well renovated 4 room flat in Bukit Batok is quite impossible.

Perhaps u can try Bukit Gombak or CCK?

yah. infact, been thinking of bukit gombak and CCK.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

And when u deal with the agent....remember to ask whether GST wil be absorbed or

we need to pay.

My sales transaction is handled by ERA and they actually charged a 5% GST. I oni

knew tat on payment time!

And now GST is 7% and this could be a lot especially for huge amount transactions.

Sorry about your position. Well like what all have advise get a plc with good flooring so no need to spend the extra for renovation. You probably just need to do up the 2 toilets more impt coz old houses normally the waterproofing will be worn out. Hope you find your plc soon........ :dribble:

Thanks. My ex husband had just submitted the Transfer Form to buy my part share and put back into CPF. I had appeal to apply for 3 room HDB Flat. the resales officer is helping me to get at least a loan till 180K (@ valuation).

Now, just waiting for transfer to be complete and waiting for appeal results. Wonder how long does it takes?

Hi,

Can recommend you my agent. She just helped me to sell my flat. Very kind & helpful specializing in CCK, Bukit Panjang & Teck Whye area. If you need her contact, let me know.

Meanwhile, it is possible to find a flat with yr budget ard CCK area.

If you are not fussy, you can even save the money fr the reno for rainy days.

If you need contractor, can recommend mine to you as well. So far, he's very on the ball kind. & prices also quite reasonable.

Cheng73 your luck are better than mine ... I divorced too with 2 sons age 3 & 6 years old. Things were not good for me .... Appeal for HDB loan it took them soooo them Bloody long to approved it ... I managed to rent a L shape apartment direct by HDB while waiting for my flat application to be approved.My monthly income is only $1700 & further more I just started work April 2007. No banks would want to approved any renovation loan .. I apply for a 3 room flat direct purchase from HDB because I cannot afford 4 room and Above ..

This is my 2nd time asking for HDB loan ... My exhubby bought part share of the matrimonial house. I got $15000 from the sell of the share, and took all the cash paid to HDB for the Resale LEVY. I left with $0 money.

The 3 NG Room resale flat does not have any floor tile .. It is only cement. The kitchen got no sink & no flooring. Only the toilet is with flooring and sink. So u imagine how I am going to stay with my active 2 sons a home without proper kitchen, a room without flooring and other necessities needs..

GOvernmet should protect those divorced woman rights especially those with custody of children.. I had a hard life, struggling to survive with my two sons, my new jobs, my new home & new role as a single mum

Edited by yoyoblue

Cheng73 your luck are better than mine ... I divorced too with 2 sons age 3 & 6 years old. Things were not good for me .... Appeal for HDB loan it took them soooo them Bloody long to approved it ... I managed to rent a L shape apartment direct by HDB while waiting for my flat application to be approved.My monthly income is only $1700 & further more I just started work April 2007. No banks would want to approved any renovation loan .. I apply for a 3 room flat direct purchase from HDB because I cannot afford 4 room and Above ..

This is my 2nd time asking for HDB loan ... My exhubby bought part share of the matrimonial house. I got $15000 from the sell of the share, and took all the cash paid to HDB for the Resale LEVY. I left with $0 money.

The 3 NG Room resale flat does not have any floor tile .. It is only cement. The kitchen got no sink & no flooring. Only the toilet is with flooring and sink. So u imagine how I am going to stay with my active 2 sons a home without proper kitchen, a room without flooring and other necessities needs..

GOvernmet should protect those divorced woman rights especially those with custody of children.. I had a hard life, struggling to survive with my two sons, my new jobs, my new home & new role as a single mum

Just my thoughts, shouldn't your ex-husband play an active part in providing some financial support to you and his children instead of asking government to do his responsibilities.

I would suggest that you continue to rent the flat from HDB till you have the funds to buy a flat. This will provide a better housing environment for your children with complete kitchen, etc.

I just recieved a reply from HDB and they are trying to help me to get non-concession loan whereby interest is 3.6%. Anyone has clue abt that? According to the HDB Officer, this loan is implement before the bank loan.

They are also trying to see if I can get a 4room resales HDB Flat.

any comments and advise please.

I just recieved a reply from HDB and they are trying to help me to get non-concession loan whereby interest is 3.6%. Anyone has clue abt that? According to the HDB Officer, this loan is implement before the bank loan.

They are also trying to see if I can get a 4room resales HDB Flat.

any comments and advise please.

they are not giving you the subsidised loan?

maybe you want to try getting that one coz 1% makes quite a big difference in the monthly payment and loan term :curse:

yes the non-concession loan is basically a 'market-rate' loan by hdb before the bank loan thing started

if you have taken two subsidised loan before, you can only take the non-concession loan 'supposedly' tacked to market rate

but it doesn't go down with the market i.e. when the market falls to 1%, it's still 3.6% :dunno:

if you are given the loan, why can't you get a 4-rm resale as long as you have enough to top up the difference between the loan quantum and the selling price :)

i didnt know that if market drop to 1%, i still hv to fork out 3.6%. I think this is better than bank loan. when asked for appeal to HDB. we are at their mercy.

Yes, if successful and allow on 4rm. will look for 4S / 4NG in cck or bt gombak. and hopefully, need not to top up much cash.

the officer hd calculated, together with my CPF. I could purchased a flat valuated at S$240+ but will not stretch to that limit.

for the non-concession loan, the interest rate is fixed at 3.6% regardless of the market

if the market drops maybe you can refinance :D

if you can get the loan from hdb, then you definitely can buy a 4-rm in the area you're looking at

good luck for your search :P

Hi All

Hope u guys remember me.

Finally, HDB had approved on my loan. Mine is under nonconcession loan @ 3.68%. With the shares from my ex matrimonal flat after transfer, i am able to stretch till S$250K for 4 room (at valuation).

Anybody recently bought 4rm resales in bt gombak, bt batok east and choa chu kang.

if yes, wat is the valuation and cash. please let me know. if you hv good agent, pls do recommend me.

looking forward to start ahead with my princess.....

wewecheng

Hi, i stumbled upon this website and knowing that he information are very information.

I am a divorcee with a 8 yo child and now, we are in the midst of processing our 5rm flat in Jln Teck Whye. My ex husband is in debts and bankcrupt and applying for approval from HLE to buy over my part share as we believe our 5 rm flat will not fetch any good price.

firstly, i would like to find out if anyone here knows any rules & regulation from HDB:-

1. Firstly, i am a divorcee and with a 8yo kid, this is my 3rd time to apply for a HDB Flat (as I need to have a roof for myself and my kid), i knew that i m not entitled to HDB loan and grant. I went for appeal, getting MP to write in and manage to only grant me 200K. HDB property is v hot now, will i able to get a 4S with 200k in bt batok or chao chu kang.

2. About property agents, i do nd to have referral with well experience and v truthful agent. the formal agent which we used to have is v dishonest and untruthful. she knows well that my ex husband is seeking for divorce due to involvement in 3rd party and still proceed ahead to get me to sign off the appt letter and my husband raise the divorce on the eve of collection of keys. since, i hd not been staying in our 2nd flat and i m not contributing to the CPF.

3. i m now employed in semi govt hospital, earning more than 2.3K. if i m applying for bank loan for 4rm, must i fork out $ and what are the basic critieria.

4. renovation. i nd a reliable renovation contractor which have gd and cheap service. any recommendation. how to go about renovation loan.

i hope there is some reply to my queries

to finalise, i just feel that Singapore does not protect women / divorcee with kid. HDB rules always change and they dun sympathy or give citizens a chance to hv their own home.

thank u. !!

Hi All

Hope u guys remember me.

Finally, HDB had approved on my loan. Mine is under nonconcession loan @ 3.68%. With the shares from my ex matrimonal flat after transfer, i am able to stretch till S$250K for 4 room (at valuation).

Anybody recently bought 4rm resales in bt gombak, bt batok east and choa chu kang.

if yes, wat is the valuation and cash. please let me know. if you hv good agent, pls do recommend me.

looking forward to start ahead with my princess.....

wewecheng

Hey cheng73,

Glad to hear tt yr loan is approved.

Look out for the units tat u want to purchase in the newsapapers and c the HDB website for

recent transactions.

Unfortunately, I dun tink I find my agent is good...perhaps the others can advise u....

Hope u find yr ideal house soon...

All the best!

hi cheng, of course we remember you :)

how about going through the straits times classifieds and look for a few units that you like

call them up individually and arrange for viewing appts

this way you can avoid paying the 1% which can be put to better use :lol: