Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheng73

Divorce To Appeal For Hdb Loan - Pls Advise

checked out today's ST classified

seems that there are 4-rm flats in BB or CCK within your budget

try not to over commit yourself for the monthly installment

if you have around $75k in your cpf a/c, and monthly contribution of slightly more than $500

i'd recommend you go for a flat around $180k to $200k so that you'd need to pay less than $500 a month

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I believe there are some which doesn't qualify due to high income and then there are those who are single and doesn't qualify due to single high income cases.

In fact, there are lots of cases and yours is quite common not to say the worst yet I've heard.

Hi, i stumbled upon this website and knowing that the information are very information.

I am a divorcee with a 8 yo child and now, we are in the midst of processing our 5rm flat in Jln Teck Whye. My ex husband is in debts and bankcrupt and applying for approval from HLE to buy over my part share as we believe our 5 rm flat will not fetch any good price.

firstly, i would like to find out if anyone here knows any rules & regulation from HDB:-

1. Firstly, i am a divorcee and with a 8yo kid, this is my 3rd time to apply for a HDB Flat (as I need to have a roof for myself and my kid), i knew that i m not entitled to HDB loan and grant. I went for appeal, getting MP to write in and manage to only grant me 200K. HDB property is v hot now, will i able to get a 4S with 200k in bt batok or chao chu kang.

2. About property agents, i do nd to have referral with well experience and v truthful agent. the formal agent which we used to have is v dishonest and untruthful. she knows well that my ex husband is seeking for divorce due to involvement in 3rd party and still proceed ahead to get me to sign off the appt letter and my husband raise the divorce on the eve of collection of keys. since, i hd not been staying in our 2nd flat and i m not contributing to the CPF.

3. i m now employed in semi govt hospital, earning more than 2.3K. if i m applying for bank loan for 4rm, must i fork out $ and what are the basic critieria.

4. renovation. i nd a reliable renovation contractor which have gd and cheap service. any recommendation. how to go about renovation loan.

i hope there is some reply to my queries

to finalise, i just feel that Singapore does not protect women / divorcee with kid. HDB rules always change and they dun sympathy or give citizens a chance to hv their own home.

thank u. :)

Hi my agent not bad trustworthy. By the way remember not to sign any agreement with any agent will be disadvantage to you! Also i have electrical contractor who did my place workmanship quite good and responsible. If you need their contacts do let me know i pm you.

Hmmm.....Cheng73, I tink u shd go for a 3 room instead of a 4rm unless u gt other occupants

other than yrself and yr kid.

A 4 room in Bukit Batok cost easily above 200k. Unless u r talking abt those v old

flats - above 20 years and very low floor and with little reno/no reno...

And old flats require quite a bit of reno....from rewiring, plastering, changing of

pipes and u may even need to replace the tiles....unless u can accept the condition.

Rewiring and plastering is not cheap....and minimum reno is even more expensive.

Dun mind me being straight....u shd save up for yr kid's future education and living as

u r going to support him alone....it would be betta ig u hv some alimony...bt seems like

yr ex-HB is into debts...so dun tink alimony is possible in tis way...

U must also consider whether a reno loan will be approved in the later stage...

My house is done up by a contractor in Jurong East, if u need the contact, just let me

noe...he is a kind person...Tel him yr situation and I am sure he will not take advantage

of yr plight.

i hd cleared all my debts this month. even DBS had ceased my cashline and now reactivate my account. i do pray hard that i could get a loan. anybody can advise.

meanwhile, thanks for all the support and advises from this forum rendered to me. really appreciate. my ex really gives me a hard time.

dun think it's advisable to take a reno loan

now that you are alone with a child

it'll be good to have at least a year's expense in spare cash

so it's better to find a move-in condition unit, in a way paying for the renovation using cpf :fire:

guess no one goes through an easy time when this happens

my friend lagi worse, married for one year

wife made him resign from his work, ask for money to do this and that

then wife withdrew $10k from his credit line and just disappeared

some of us just had it worse than others

so please dun be down and i believe better days are waiting ahead for you

jia you jia you :deal: !! :furious:

3-rm in BB or CCK can get move-in condition liao

if you dun mind low flr can even get nicely renovated one

can ask if you must get 4-rm or will consider 3-rm as well?

coz really no point going for 4-rm loh

possible if it will be 4 rooms, cos now, my mum ( helping to take care of my gal) am staying with my sister who has a family and my dad is staying with my bro (who also has a family and 4 puppies).

since young, i m an independent and no nonsense child. the only greatest headache is my failed marriage. my parents are v supportive and they r considering to live with me so that i could focus on my career (i m now hving a gd and prospective position in semi govt sector and intend to further my studies).

'

that is why i desparate need at least a 4S.

cheerio

understand your situation :unsure:

coz we all didn't know you had plans to live with your parents

so quite puzzled why you want a 4-rm for yourself and your child :)

guess $200k can get you a move-in condition 4-rm in CCK area

a little far from the train station and not well-renovated kind

i'd still suggest hold the renovation until you are more stable and have worked out your budget very carefully...

what i mentioned earlier, to find a unit have at least good flooring. i only need to do touch up as had ready furnitures.

worst, only can budget on flooring and wall...

good luck in your search

i'm sure there'll be something that fits your needs and budget :D

take care and all the best :D

its good if you can get 4room. by that 1 room can rent out to cover expenses. imagine 1 month you collect $350 from tenant. 1 year how much liao. can loan car oso no problem.. hehee.

remember, if you buy 3room .. u gonna stuck there forever.. so suffer 1st enjoy later. :D

its good if you can get 4room. by that 1 room can rent out to cover expenses. imagine 1 month you collect $350 from tenant. 1 year how much liao. can loan car oso no problem.. hehee.

remember, if you buy 3room .. u gonna stuck there forever.. so suffer 1st enjoy later. :D

good idea also if can ......but whatever, now hv to wait for my ex to settle his. approval on HLE. hopefully , it goest thru.

Oic...sorri tat I do not noe tat u intends to stay wif yr parents...

Then it is advisable to get a 4 room....bt get 1 tat is renovated...so tat

u will not over stretch yr finance...

And getting a reno loan may not be approved...do consider wat if it is not approved?

Still tink tat 200k with a well renovated 4 room flat in Bukit Batok is quite impossible.

Perhaps u can try Bukit Gombak or CCK?