Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chamia

Any Recommendation For Budget Bridal Package & Customary Dinner?

Hi chamia

I think I can understand the couple. My friend is also getting married next month and he is on a very very low budget. I would think your friend is better off than him. He's just having a small lunch reception in a small church. No bridal photos, no professional photographer and even the wedding rings are not gold. Just silver. Unbelieveable but true. Wedding invitation printed DIY. Just settled their clothings this week. I am currently sourcing caterers for the reception. Total budget for all expenses : $2000!:dunno:

Instead of taking up bridal package, your friend can make do with a friend's car (decorate yourself), rent the gowns and engage a makeup artist. Get a friend good in photography. We managed the bride's clothings (2 gowns, accessories, shoes, makeup, hair) all within $550. I'm proud of them!

How about u ask your friend to try out Qianxi Restaurant located at Tanjong Katong Complex (walking distance from Paya Lebar MRT). The food there is very good and I'm sure it falls below $500 or $400. I had frequent there many times and so far no complain on the food. The ambience is also nice (renovated) and I've seen weddings held there. It's worth check it out.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi chamia

I think I can understand the couple. My friend is also getting married next month and he is on a very very low budget. I would think your friend is better off than him. He's just having a small lunch reception in a small church. No bridal photos, no professional photographer and even the wedding rings are not gold. Just silver. Unbelieveable but true. Wedding invitation printed DIY. Just settled their clothings this week. I am currently sourcing caterers for the reception. Total budget for all expenses : $2000!:P

Instead of taking up bridal package, your friend can make do with a friend's car (decorate yourself), rent the gowns and engage a makeup artist. Get a friend good in photography. We managed the bride's clothings (2 gowns, accessories, shoes, makeup, hair) all within $550. I'm proud of them!

How about u ask your friend to try out Qianxi Restaurant located at Tanjong Katong Complex (walking distance from Paya Lebar MRT). The food there is very good and I'm sure it falls below $500 or $400. I had frequent there many times and so far no complain on the food. The ambience is also nice (renovated) and I've seen weddings held there. It's worth check it out.

i feel that no matter how low the budget is, at least must get a presentable wedding bands eg, min. white gold. :notti:

actually you can try my BS. They have some very good packages that can be customed to suit your needs. I know, cos I sort of negotiated mine to get more than what the original package offered.

PM me if you are interested. :P

i feel that no matter how low the budget is, at least must get a presentable wedding bands eg, min. white gold. :P

Ya...that's how I feel and pity them too. But I have no say in this except to try to help them in other areas. I told them when they got money next time, they can get new rings anytime. Anyway, diamond ring, gold ring or platinium ring does not bind a marriage. Love, trust and patience does!

Ya...that's how I feel and pity them too. But I have no say in this except to try to help them in other areas. I told them when they got money next time, they can get new rings anytime. Anyway, diamond ring, gold ring or platinium ring does not bind a marriage. Love, trust and patience does!

yup, i agreed that love, trust and patience are the main impt in a marriage. but in addition, if there's a diamond ring and wedding band then that'll be great lor. :)

Hi chamia

I think I can understand the couple. My friend is also getting married next month and he is on a very very low budget. I would think your friend is better off than him. He's just having a small lunch reception in a small church. No bridal photos, no professional photographer and even the wedding rings are not gold. Just silver. Unbelieveable but true. Wedding invitation printed DIY. Just settled their clothings this week. I am currently sourcing caterers for the reception. Total budget for all expenses : $2000!:yamseng:

Ooohh..abit sad for the bride but i tink since he's on such a tight budget, the $ can be better spent elsewhere rather than photos, videos, rings & stuff. It'll be more practical to spend the $ on the house cos we all need a shelter. But we wont die w/o photos, videos & rings :notti: I myself have no diamond ring. We bot our wedding bands at Toa Payoh (the jewellery shops there so many can see until siao!) & cost us abt $700 i tink...I would love to have a diamond ring as proposal ring also lar but lets say a diamond ring is 1.5K hor, 1.5K can buy a fridge & washing machine ney, hehe...

Agree dat QianXi is not bad at all...I tink Korean mentioned abt this Tung Lok restaurant at The Fullerton. Its Jade restaurant & max tables about 12-15 if im not wrong.

Hello guys and gals,

Xie xie for your contributions. I actually listed reastaurants like dragon gate, prima tower, 88, and some of those I had attending dinner at and find quite good service and food with good price. I had just received a good news from the Bride to be, that her parents decided to drop the dinner thingy as she had wished. But still, will forward your valuable advices to her for back up.

I regards, of her bridal, since now there isn't any dinner, I think she will want to go for a better one. Will send in the precious moment bs contact for her check with them, she has also got another 2 more contacts and hope they are enough for her to choose with.

As for jewellery, I am sure she will get good value ones. Will definitely go for at least white gold/ platinum. She had already got a proper diamond proposal ring, so I think she is much better than Yellow's friend, who I am sad to hear their case. Yellow, I am very sure after they have been together sometimes in their marriage relationships, they will be able to follow up with an anniversary gold/platinum wedding rings. As mentioned by a few forumers here, it is love which is the most powerful.

You can still use this thread to post and give more valuable informations which I or any other forumers may need in future. Once again, thanks so much!