Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chamia

Any Recommendation For Budget Bridal Package & Customary Dinner?

Hi all the going to be and newly weds,

Does anyone happened to come across value for money 'Budget' type of bridal package(s) and Customary Restaurants/Hotel offered wedding dinners/menu? Please recommend.

I have a good friend who just received a proposal from her future husband, plans to get married early next year. But as both of them are not so well off, I am helping them to source for affordable, average (better still, cheap and green) packages.

Do give me some thinkers on this topic if possible.

Thank you in Advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all the going to be and newly weds,

Does anyone happened to come across value for money 'Budget' type of bridal package(s) and Customary Restaurants/Hotel offered wedding dinners/menu? Please recommend.

I have a good friend who just received a proposal from her future husband, plans to get married early next year. But as both of them are not so well off, I am helping them to source for affordable, average (better still, cheap and green) packages.

Do give me some thinkers on this topic if possible.

Thank you in Advance.

bridal package... can go for those in JB lo. else normal local ones $3K+... dun top up pix lo

as for banquets... maybe nobel house, river city, peony jade or furama?

http://www.singaporebrides.com.sg/banquet_price.php

why dont they just ROM and a simple dinner for close family members?

no point having bridal package + customary dinner for pple whom one hardly meet once a year

might as well save the money for their house if they intend to get one

and borrowing money for package + dinner is a NONO unless no need to pay back :bow:

bridal package... can go for those in JB lo. else normal local ones $3K+... dun top up pix lo

Hi Cornetto, thanks for your advice. I don't think they will want to go JB for the shots as they are biz with work and I think local simple package can find around 2k good enough for them. Otherwise, may get friend to search at SG brides (I never been in this forum till now, so suaguo). The banquet list you sent is god's gift to me and her. Thanks!

why dont they just ROM and a simple dinner for close family members?

no point having bridal package + customary dinner for pple whom one hardly meet once a year

might as well save the money for their house if they intend to get one

and borrowing money for package + dinner is a NONO unless no need to pay back ;)

zeny. friend had discussed this with FH and more or less agreed to do away with the customary dinner. But of course, problems lie with her parents, as she is the first child, they want it. The guy side is 'No Problem' with or without the dinner. She is not the type who will borrow money and may do so if her parents offer to assist her financially. May be planing to go for buffet style dinner, she still thinking.....

Thanks for your advice.

For budget banquet... can try Dragon Gate range of restaurants. They have less than 500 per table menu. If not, Orchid country club, Peony-Jade Restaurant, Furama Riverfront Singapore.... pricing slightly higher, $500 plus range...

:dancingqueen:

For budget banquet... can try Dragon Gate range of restaurants. They have less than 500 per table menu. If not, Orchid country club, Peony-Jade Restaurant, Furama Riverfront Singapore.... pricing slightly higher, $500 plus range...

:dancingqueen:

wahahah... you really walking wedding guide leh.. everything also know.

wahahah... you really walking wedding guide leh.. everything also know.

haha... this is because i bought wedding mags and comb through the banquets.. so arga know the price range... and ever attend a wedding dinner at dragon gate... :dancingqueen:

haha... this is because i bought wedding mags and comb through the banquets.. so arga know the price range... and ever attend a wedding dinner at dragon gate... :dancingqueen:

What abt Tung Lok. Looks very nice also.. price also not too bad?

What abt Tung Lok. Looks very nice also.. price also not too bad?

If is Noble house.. pricing should be mid range type 600 - 700.. that place is big.. can have many tables...

Humble house, if i rem correctly max 18 tables... i forgot abt the pricing le..

Club chinos, this place can hold either in their hotel ballroom or the restaurant itself.. but... i dont recommand this.. ballroom not fantastic... restaurant itself, will have some tables in their 10 private rooms, meaning high chances guest cant see what the couple is doing.. worse than having pillars in ballroom.. pricing around 700-900..

If is Noble house.. pricing should be mid range type 600 - 700.. that place is big.. can have many tables...

Club chinos, this place can hold either in their hotel ballroom or the restaurant itself.. but... i dont recommand this.. ballroom not fantastic... restaurant itself, will have some tables in their 10 private rooms, meaning high chances guest cant see what the couple is doing.. worse than having pillars in ballroom.. pricing around 700-900..

i dun think club chinos is worth it also.

-Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant

-88 Restuarant

probably might fit a cheaper package..

but if its 500++ i would second the Furama Riverfront venue.

ballroom is nice. i've heard the food is not too bad.. i think Devilaz holding there..

Dragongate, Orient Ocean etc thou is cheap at 418 thereabouts but there is minimum tables of about 25 i tink. Cant rem which one (88 or duno wat) has lesser tables requirements...if its cheap but require more tables, also no point rite? Another cheap place is Gim Tim restaurant under The Chevrons. Food is not bad...even weekends also $400+ only but im not sure abt the min tables requirement.

So first, i tink have to settle no. of tables first. Then decide budget. Decide liao, then shortlist places. For BS in JB, the travelling can be tiresome. Frankly, i find sg BS packages need 3K plus to get a decent one. If 2K plus, as long as u r firm not to top-up pics, im sure its alrite too...

peony jade is not bad. one of my neighbours's son had his wedding at peony jade and my mum attended, she said not bad. :dunno:

haha... this is because i bought wedding mags and comb through the banquets.. so arga know the price range... and ever attend a wedding dinner at dragon gate... :unsure:

my hb attended his friend's wedding at dragon gate and also ok. :bleah:

if i remember, there's a tung lok at fullerton. maybe you can consider too. at least, the tung lok is at fullerton. :dunno:

Wow .. Din realise from this forum can also find out so much info about Customary Dinner.

:unsure::dunno:

Plannin to get reno started 1st and much later will check out the 88 restaurant or

Teochew City Seafood restaurant ...

Any idea when we should do the booking in advance ,

if our ideal date is 20 Dec 2008 ???

Thanks alot :dunno:!

http://www.pfs.com.sg/banquets/teochew_city#01

http://www.singaporebrides.com/venue/starling/index.htm

Edited by ranval