Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jamez

Our Home

oh u mean the round olive colour one? the olive colour also very nice...the shop is Luxur***t at furniture mall....at level 1.

at first it was $2600 for 4ft/2 half ft table and 6 chairs...then bargain with the lady until $2500 and placed deposit. Subsequently thought the dimensions of the dining table too small...so changed it to 5ft/3ft on advise by our id/contractor...become $2650..with 6 chairs...so discount not so much. yah itz a bit ex lah...but i like the sleek look and my wife simply loves it...so pamper ourselves loh. but our budget super burst liao loh haha...gotta cut back abit on other areas. :unsure:

Yah.. that's the one.. but i should be going for the black color @4ft instead cos my dinning area too small for a 4.5ft. ;) i spoke with the guy sales instead.. he only willing to give me at 2650 for a 4ft one with 4 chairs.. It's the price that turned me off. Otherwise would have paid the deposite on the spot liao.

looks like yours is a better bargain than wat i have though it is not an apple to apple comparision. hmm.. maybe i try quoting your case n push them for a better discount.. :)

Thanxs!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
haha...thank you for your kind comments tim_chenie. at first we choose some tiles from white horse for our toilet and i was thinking like quite dull..so our id/contractor bought us to sbh...where we saw all these colourful tiles and nice designs..so last minute change all the toilet concept.

I will post more pics when i go up again nex week...my work has been keeping me away from going up as mush as i like...now also find it difficult to arrange for time to go and buy the toilet bowl and sink and stuff...haiz... :notti:

Hi jamez, !!

Really think that your toilet wall tiles are STUNNING! :seeya: Good move on changing the concept. !!

Yeah, really have to make an effort to go and monitor the progress, luckily our new house is just a 10 mins walk from our current place, so just treat it as an after-dinner stroll. !!

So where you looking for the toilet bowl and sink? Have you went to Ho Kee at Tanjong Katong Complex? !!

Really excited to see newly updated photos, all the best! !! :bow:

Yah.. that's the one.. but i should be going for the black color @4ft instead cos my dinning area too small for a 4.5ft. :( i spoke with the guy sales instead.. he only willing to give me at 2650 for a 4ft one with 4 chairs.. It's the price that turned me off. Otherwise would have paid the deposite on the spot liao.

looks like yours is a better bargain than wat i have though it is not an apple to apple comparision. hmm.. maybe i try quoting your case n push them for a better discount.. :)

Thanxs!

Sure man by all means... good luck...maybe wait till the guy is not around and speak to the auntie... :curse:

Hi jamez, :)

Really think that your toilet wall tiles are STUNNING! !! Good move on changing the concept. :good:

Yeah, really have to make an effort to go and monitor the progress, luckily our new house is just a 10 mins walk from our current place, so just treat it as an after-dinner stroll. :P

So where you looking for the toilet bowl and sink? Have you went to Ho Kee at Tanjong Katong Complex? :)

Really excited to see newly updated photos, all the best! ;) !!

thank you for your kind comments tim_chenie...

just now in the morning went to see our contractor/ID to chose all the cupboard/feature wall laminate colour and design...nex sat going to choose the toilet bowls and stuff at IMM...is Ho Kee good? i ask my contractor/ID first to see he got "kang tao" there anot...get get some discounts if he knwo the people there...of cos he can also get commission haha :deal:

just went up just now to our house...now the guest room walls are plastered..other then that not much more to see...so i wait till maybe nex thurs or fri then go up and take more pics again...

thank you for your kind comments tim_chenie...

just now in the morning went to see our contractor/ID to chose all the cupboard/feature wall laminate colour and design...nex sat going to choose the toilet bowls and stuff at IMM...is Ho Kee good? i ask my contractor/ID first to see he got "kang tao" there anot...get get some discounts if he knwo the people there...of cos he can also get commission haha :good:

just went up just now to our house...now the guest room walls are plastered..other then that not much more to see...so i wait till maybe nex thurs or fri then go up and take more pics again...

Hi jamez, :)

You're welcome. :) Yeah, heard alot of members searching for renovation stuff at IMM, so happy shopping. :D

Is Ho Kee good? Not really sure, just happen to went there once while searching for Kitchen Basin and toilet accessories. They had advertised a few times during the Saturday newspapers. Quite a good range of selection, but in the end, we were recommended by our contractor to an old shophouse near Bugis Junction, since we are not really looking for designer stuff. :P We got 2 round mirrors, 1 set of 7 toilet accessories, 2 sets of glass shelves, towel bar, toilet roll dispenser and 1 stainless steel kitchen basin for 345. Maybe you can give it a try if you have time to source for better prices. :)

Looking forward to see more of your house being done. All the best! :D:good:

hi can you share the exact location of the old shophouse?
Hi applefreak, :good:

The shophouse is located to the side of the Bugis MRT station outside Bugis Junction.

It is located to the end together with a row of dried goods shophouses and it is the only shop that sells bathroom accessories there.

Here's the name and address of the place:

JOO LONG

321 Victoria Street #01-06

VICTORIA STREET WHOLESALE CENTRE

SINGAPORE 180321

TEL: 6298 4810

FAX: 6298 4653

Says on the invoice that they are Importer, Exported & Wholesale of household & Bathroom Products.

The old uncle is very friendly and is willing to share his experience. :D

Hope this helps. :D:good:

will definitely check that place out

still looking for the glass shelf :D

Hi applefreak, :)

No problem, happy to share any cost savings sources.

So do you have any "lobangs" to recommend too? Still trying to source for my DVD mini Hi-Fi.

Went to Hong Liang and quite reasonable priced, at least cheaper than C**RTS. :P:good:

Hi applefreak, :)

The shophouse is located to the side of the Bugis MRT station outside Bugis Junction.

It is located to the end together with a row of dried goods shophouses and it is the only shop that sells bathroom accessories there.

Here's the name and address of the place:

JOO LONG

321 Victoria Street #01-06

VICTORIA STREET WHOLESALE CENTRE

SINGAPORE 180321

TEL: 6298 4810

FAX: 6298 4653

Says on the invoice that they are Importer, Exported & Wholesale of household & Bathroom Products.

The old uncle is very friendly and is willing to share his experience. :P

Hope this helps. :P:dancingqueen:

thanx for sharing...will definately have to find time to check it out. !!

Hi jamez, :P

You're welcome. :P Yeah, heard alot of members searching for renovation stuff at IMM, so happy shopping. :P

Is Ho Kee good? Not really sure, just happen to went there once while searching for Kitchen Basin and toilet accessories. They had advertised a few times during the Saturday newspapers. Quite a good range of selection, but in the end, we were recommended by our contractor to an old shophouse near Bugis Junction, since we are not really looking for designer stuff. :) We got 2 round mirrors, 1 set of 7 toilet accessories, 2 sets of glass shelves, towel bar, toilet roll dispenser and 1 stainless steel kitchen basin for 345. Maybe you can give it a try if you have time to source for better prices. zz

Looking forward to see more of your house being done. All the best! :D !!

actually i like the lookz of some designer stuff but the price dun go well with me haha...so i'm alwayz searching for alternatives...maybe copies of designer stuff that really has good constuction and stuff...

wah for the stuff u get the price like not bad hoh...do they have alot of plain and simple stuff...design wise i mean.. :bleah:

Hi applefreak, :notti:

No problem, happy to share any cost savings sources.

So do you have any "lobangs" to recommend too? Still trying to source for my DVD mini Hi-Fi.

Went to Hong Liang and quite reasonable priced, at least cheaper than C**RTS. :notti::bleah:

heard from some forummers that harvery norman can actually bargain

best part is can use the 0% IPP

just get the model, go down there and see any salesman willing to make you an offer.

they can't offer any lower, but they might be able to match your price

try the central one at month end (all heard from forummers, i've not yet tried)

heard from some forummers that harvery norman can actually bargain

best part is can use the 0% IPP

just get the model, go down there and see any salesman willing to make you an offer.

they can't offer any lower, but they might be able to match your price

try the central one at month end (all heard from forummers, i've not yet tried)

promotion at month end? **** i'll be there. but my wife got not so good experience with harvey norman a few years back where she bought a vacuum cleaner for the place where she works...kinda kena suan from the staff when she brought back the vacuum cleaner for exchange when it was discovered defective...on the same day of purchase...or something like dat. I did asked for an explainantion from thier management (emailed their district manager or dunno wat lah) about the staff behavior but never got any reply. So my wife and i kinda avoided harvey norman from then...but still a sale is a sale and must go and see if can grab some good deals. :bleah:

not so much of sale, more like the salesman trying to hit target so more likely to lower the price

think they work like this - standard price given by company, add-ons will be the commission made by the salesman. then hit certain sales target get more commission? that's why they have flexibility of lowering the price :yamseng:

thanx for sharing...will definately have to find time to check it out. :notti:

actually i like the lookz of some designer stuff but the price dun go well with me haha...so i'm alwayz searching for alternatives...maybe copies of designer stuff that really has good construction and stuff...

wah for the stuff u get the price like not bad hoh...do they have alot of plain and simple stuff...design wise i mean.. :notti:

hi jamez, :)

Yeah, more designer style, more money come out of your pocket :) That's why called Designer mah.

Design to get your money out. :):P

The items we seen there are really plain and simple, so dun get your hopes too high when you visit them.

But then again, how long people will stay in your toilet to "Xing Shang" (appreciate) your bathroom accessories. :P Think they will be more impressed with your other rooms. But then again, there are all kinds of people in the world, you never know. That are solely our opinions. :)

Of course, at least the toilets must be decent enough that people can do their business nicely. :P

By the way, do you know there's a Moving Out Sale at METRO Tampines at Century Square (up to 70%)?

Most of the items on sale are Clothings, Bags, Shoes, Bedroom Stuff, but dunno if its still on. :)

Maybe you can check it out on the Friday newspaper. :)

So how is the progress of your renovation works? Hope to see more photos.:);)

Edited by tim_chenie

hi jamez, :)

Yeah, more designer style, more money come out of your pocket :P That's why called Designer mah.

Design to get your money out. :deal::notti:

The items we seen there are really plain and simple, so dun get your hopes too high when you visit them.

But then again, how long people will stay in your toilet to "Xing Shang" (appreciate) your bathroom accessories. :P Think they will be more impressed with your other rooms. But then again, there are all kinds of people in the world, you never know. That are solely our opinions. :)

Of course, at least the toilets must be decent enough that people can do their business nicely. :P

By the way, do you know there's a Moving Out Sale at METRO Tampines at Century Square (up to 70%)?

Most of the items on sale are Clothings, Bags, Shoes, Bedroom Stuff, but dunno if its still on. :unsure:

Maybe you can check it out on the Friday newspaper. :)

So how is the progress of your renovation works? Hope to see more photos.:):yamseng:

Man ur right..deign to get money out of ur pocket part that it. Most of the time "designer" stuff like so simple like dat then cost a few thousand dollars...haha

hey..dun get me wrong...i love plain and simple stuff...especially for toiletries stuff..cos my toilet kinda small..ok itz not kinda small..itz actually pathetically small...so i wun wan intricate stuff to clutter up the look...so plain and simple is the best! :good: hopefully plain and simple and cheap and lasting haha...

hmm...if the metro sale is still on can go see the bedroom stuff...scared i forget to see friday papers...dun have the habit to read newspaper unless im REALLY bored...juz browse through the internet for latest news haha..

Oh...i went up yesterday and plastering of all rooms are done...left with plastering of the living room...laying of laminate flooring for bedrooms...electrical rewiring...still got a lot haven do lah...i took some more pics yesterday...but think i post later so can see more difference from the previous pics...maybe this friday if i can find time to go up again... :good:

Howz ur reno going dude? :yamseng:

Wow! Yr flat is coming along nicely!

hello shmj...thanx for checking out! :yamseng: