Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

ID is marie chiang from happy homes.. i am not bad mouthing cos this is really happening.

They finished the job, but now they have disappeared. which means my 5 year warranty is gone. and i am getting worried cos there are gonna be repairs along the way for sure and i cant contact them.

Is there a way to sniff them out? Do I have a case against them. I wish to lodge a police report against them.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry what do you mean now they have disappeared? Did they close down?

Sorry to say this, but I always think that such 5-yr warranty are a farce and I will never pay extra for it. But since you had already committed (and obviously paid a higher price for it?), do check with the authorities on your rights. CASE is one example, you can also check with RADAC.

But I don't think you can make a police report on this because its not criminal; the police will just give you the usual scripted 'this-is-a-civil-case-you-got-to-file-with-sub-court-yourself' speech.

In that case maybe you can consult a lawyer lor. Erm, but if you don't mind me, this seemed to be too small a case to fight lor...not worth the legal fees lah. All you could do is when the repairs/defects come up, go file a case with small claim tribunal and see if you can get back some money...

Ohh oh, just checked the forum and found this is the renovation con-men that the others are talking about.

Well, at least you can count yourself lucky that they did not disappeared after doing the flat halfway...

thanks for the advice guys.... thing is they didnt even give me my piece of the contract....stupid me stupid me!

aiya...just dont look back...live happily in your new house. since you didnt really lose a lot $$$$ compare to those who really kena CONNED.

cheer up.

holy crap... man that sucks. i mean yeah i should count myself lucky already. No wonder one sub con appeared during my reno and warned my wife about marie but we didnt believe him as she said in this line, competition is very tough, alot of slandering involved.

Alright if anyone needs my voice or eyes in pursuing this case, please dont hesitate.

ID is marie chiang from happy homes.. i am not bad mouthing cos this is really happening.

They finished the job, but now they have disappeared. which means my 5 year warranty is gone. and i am getting worried cos there are gonna be repairs along the way for sure and i cant contact them.

Is there a way to sniff them out? Do I have a case against them. I wish to lodge a police report against them.

See i've warned you before about marie, no use regret now... can only blame yourself for not heading the advise of others...

See i've warned you before about marie, no use regret now... can only blame yourself for not heading the advise of others...

sigh. wished someone had warned me before.

anyway, no use regretting now. lesson learned and it's time to move on.

I believe marie is surely not a HDB licence contractor. One clue is to find out who is the one who apply the work permit for you and just follow the thread. I usually feel that ID or contractor that swing their sales with 5 years warranty are gimmick. By end of 5 year, the company would not have been around or probably change hand. Even they are around, the usual things they will tell you its due to wear and tear and it will not be warranty. This is really not practical at all. For a sincere and good company, they will always attend to you even after many years, where some even during the warranty peiod will give excuse that it is damage due to poor handling and demand for cost to remedy it. Legally, which I learn from a Qualified Surveyor, he says legally for all interior work, liability period is only six month after handing over. Even when you have to go to court, the Judge will feel that six month is more than enough time to inspect and ensure all installation is fit for use and reasonable frame to monitor consistency to confirm mechnical and electrical function. Whereas, you case, I do not see any fault as your contractor had completed the work and handed over to you. Unless, there is any major defect to work done, you may still have a case, but really require alot of evidence to prove your case; like if you have a proper contract with them, why did you hire a unlicence contractor, etc. Even you can prove all these, the question is if the company had go burst, too bad for you.....no case at all and none can help.

I guess it jus the luck to run into these crooks although we might be careful. :(

Junkay jus cheer up :) at least ur hse is fully completed and handed over unless some unfortunate. :deal:

Edited by Cantona7