Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My ID lost my main door key so now I have to change the lock.

Any idea where I can look for good locks?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You going to fix yourself or ?

Brands like Yale are not bad. Those hardware shops have.. I know got some near Little India there.. cant rem the road name now..

buy a similiar lock - then go your letterbox and take down all those locksmith numbers.

Jalan SUltan textile centre has a locks distributor selling all kinds of lock at contractors' pricing.

I thought u need to change the keyhole mechanism only ( heart )

No need to change the whole lock.

Can take out, buy the spares and DIY

ya - for those simple (cheap and affordable ones) can just change the mechanism.

but not for those hi end exp ones. dont think the poster knows how to diy or else he wont even post this. :D

ya - for those simple (cheap and affordable ones) can just change the mechanism.

but not for those hi end exp ones. dont think the poster knows how to diy or else he wont even post this. !!

Well, my ID lost it so I'm just gonna buy one and charge it to him as well as ask him to install.

Since its for my main door, I'd prefer to get a better one be it just the keyhole mechanism or the entire lock.

anyone has the name of this shop?. Thanks

:dancingqueen:

buy a similiar lock - then go your letterbox and take down all those locksmith numbers.

Jalan SUltan textile centre has a locks distributor selling all kinds of lock at contractors' pricing.

DO you all normally buy your own Main Door locks or just take those your ID provide for free?

I think in the first place, we should not give the key to the ID??? Why should we entrust the MAIN DOOR Key to someone a complete stranger. Not afraid of bulgary?

I strongly suggest to everyone if doing reno, just ask your ID to get a seperate lock and lock the main gate during the reno process, that will suffice.

NEVER NEVER GIVE THE MAIN DOOR/GATE KEY TO ANYONE!:dancingqueen:

i was abt to post that too

Never give the main door key to your ID/contractor. They can duplicate one set for themselves and break into yr house.

That is why they always lock the door with those locks with number codes.

In my case, our Main Door lock is spoilt

Our ID offered to provide and install a new one for us. So we wondering if that is a good idea

Or should we buy one ourselves and ask him to install. Thing is we dont know what kind of lock to get as ours is a old type of door, the contractors say need to get the older type of locks which means our choices very limited

In my case, our Main Door lock is spoilt

Our ID offered to provide and install a new one for us. So we wondering if that is a good idea

Or should we buy one ourselves and ask him to install. Thing is we dont know what kind of lock to get as ours is a old type of door, the contractors say need to get the older type of locks which means our choices very limited

ask your ID for more info then go to the textile centre i mentioned above.

http://www.shanghaitonglee.com.sg/

sorry to borrow your topic... :P

my ID is offering to change the main door locks (as in those attached to the iron and wood door ((not the padlock)) ) for $150 each and $50 for the bedroom doors. is it reasonable? because the current knobs which I bought over, I found it a little rusty.