Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koras

Any movers to recommend?

I was charged $300 for one truck and an additional $40 per floor as they have handcarry my things 2 floors to lift access. 20 over boxes, one mattress, one wardrobe, study study, bookshelves, marble top, fridge, washing machines, 2 tvs, one long paintings, one hifi system with 2 speakers, one sofa set and so on. They sent 8 guys I think

They will take a look at your stuff first before quoting so quite personalised instead pricing for the sky.

Edited by affinity

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I had good experience with SG Bros Entrepreneurs -

Reasonable charges though they had to handcarry all my stuff two floors to lift access. They managed to finish within 2 hours from point A to point B, careful packing with thick covers and transparent film. Run by a team of efficient young man so they got strength haha. Packed unusual things like large marble tops and paintings. and dismantle my wardrobe and re-assemble it at new place effortlessly. Heard they are v good with fish tanks supposedly. Provides wrapping papers and bubble wraps for fragile things.

Call Au, Head of Ops at 82828207 or Sales, Paul 82822323

how were their rates?

TIA

I had good experience with SG Bros Entrepreneurs -

Reasonable charges though they had to handcarry all my stuff two floors to lift access. They managed to finish within 2 hours from point A to point B, careful packing with thick covers and transparent film. Run by a team of efficient young man so they got strength haha. Packed unusual things like large marble tops and paintings. and dismantle my wardrobe and re-assemble it at new place effortlessly. Heard they are v good with fish tanks supposedly. Provides wrapping papers and bubble wraps for fragile things.

Call Au, Head of Ops at 82828207 or Sales, Paul 82822323

I would recommend Swift United Logistics - Tel : 6502-0025. Look for Sky.

They charged me $680 using 2 trucks with automatic platforms to move out my barang-barang from a 5-rm flat to an EA. This includes handcarrying 3 floors down and up a 72" Glass Table The move took a total of 3 hrs to clear everything from point A and move to point B.

Therefore, for those who thinks $680 is expensive, think again. These guys know their stuff. They protected everything with a glass or wood surface, eg. CRT TV, Glass cabinet,etc with thick cardboards and shrinkwrapping. Its a lot of work for $680. I felt pai-seh after the job was done but that was what Sky quoted me.

just got a quote from 138 movers... $680

the guy said it will be a 7-8 man team (wah so many)... 50 boxes... 2 trucks...

i've got 1 bed, 1 sofa bed, living room set, 1 cupboard, fridge, washing machine and loose items like fans, chairs and side tables... moving from 4rm (2 floors from lift) to a 3rm (also 2 floors from lift)... which was one of the reasons the guy pointed out that it will cost more...

does $680 sound right? seems quite expensive... i did mention to the guy that we are not moving a lot of the stuff cos we are throwing away a lot of junk.. my mum is a hoarder :) e.g., we have 27 umbrellas in the storeroom and 3 rice cookers, 2 of which are not working... does anyone out there know my pain?

gonna check out helping hands quote 2moro... any other recommendations guys?

ur quote is def. high! my personal experience with 138 movers was..

1) they came over to access my "things to move"

2) give a quote

3) i ask for discount

4) they give some discount

5) i say i will think about it

6) some days later, some1 call and ask me for my decision

7) offered some more discount

8) i found it not that reliable but nonetheless there are professional

9) i used another mover

10) their quote more competitive

and since Oct 2009, I used them twice (oct 2009 and jan 2010)

and will engage them again in Apr.

(PM me for their details will be better)

just got a quote from 138 movers... $680

the guy said it will be a 7-8 man team (wah so many)... 50 boxes... 2 trucks...

i've got 1 bed, 1 sofa bed, living room set, 1 cupboard, fridge, washing machine and loose items like fans, chairs and side tables... moving from 4rm (2 floors from lift) to a 3rm (also 2 floors from lift)... which was one of the reasons the guy pointed out that it will cost more...

does $680 sound right? seems quite expensive... i did mention to the guy that we are not moving a lot of the stuff cos we are throwing away a lot of junk.. my mum is a hoarder :) e.g., we have 27 umbrellas in the storeroom and 3 rice cookers, 2 of which are not working... does anyone out there know my pain?

gonna check out helping hands quote 2moro... any other recommendations guys?

I called The Helping Hand before. The person I spoke to was not polite or even interested :(

I think they are busy and the person might be rushing so was not polite.

Me too, I vote for helping hand...

Use their service end of OCt 09, now this month im engaging them again to move back home

We engaged them in 2005 and also a 2nd time this year. They charge very reasonably even though we had to go for a 2nd lorry load and our unit was 2 floors below the lift landing. They handed everything in case and we'll definitely support the yellow ribbon a 3rd time. Bought drinks and ordered Old Chang Kee in advance to arrive roughly at the time when they were due to finish unloading everything but a 2nd trip was required so they rushed thru the tea break.

Bravo to The Helping Hand for doing a good job!!!!

try The Helping Hand from Upper Serangoon.

Its better to ask around and get the movers to quote then settle for one that charges reasonable fees and no hidden agenda is the most important as there are movers around that has hidden agenda when they do the moving on the actual day.

Me too, I vote for helping hand...

Use their service end of OCt 09, now this month im engaging them again to move back home

CitiMap is good... the team lead arrived on my moving day looks quite beng and unfriendly... but his workers are nice... take really good care of all of my stuffs.

Its better to ask around and get the movers to quote then settle for one that charges reasonable fees and no hidden agenda is the most important as there are movers around that has hidden agenda when they do the moving on the actual day.

I called The Helping Hand before. The person I spoke to was not polite or even interested :(

HI, Can you please tell me how much did CYC charge you? I have a fair bit of furniture:

Bookcase, TV console, Queen size bed, Study table, Chairs, TV (3 sets), Dressing table, side tables etc. wondering how much it would cost me if i use CYC movers.

Can pm me the contacts for CYC movers ? thx