Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koras

Any movers to recommend?

Just completed my move today. The supervisor turned up with 5 men at 9am, along with some packing materials. Packed all my fragile items including LCD TV and my glass cabinets, and moved out by 12pm. All done by 2pm. All in all, no issues and a good experience.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wa so bad on hua y***, i'm moving on the 5th and having 4 companies to come for quote which includes hua y***..... Haiz how are how to reject them and tell them not to come so paiseh.... Anyway will update on this forum the movers quote and who i choose and how the service

Would have recommend u, united transport services, the mover that helped me in the late afternoon, if not for the fact that they placed many boxes upside down n dropped a couple of them in the process. Luckily, no items are found broken..... yet.

Overall, a nightmarish moving experience for me.

Sorry about your bad moving experience. I think engaging a mover is a hit and miss kind of thing, unless you have used them before or have feedbacks on them, or else you wouldn't know.

sad to hear your bad experience... are there any other good movers to recommend? I need help shifting soon..

Would have recommend u, united transport services, the mover that helped me in the late afternoon, if not for the fact that they placed many boxes upside down n dropped a couple of them in the process. Luckily, no items are found broken..... yet.

Overall, a nightmarish moving experience for me.

I chanced upon this forum while googling hua yong.

Pls do NOT engage hua yong, unless you are ok with unprofessional n unreliable services.

Their first show of unreliability was when they delivered 20 boxes even though i repeatedly asked for 30.

Then they FAILED to show up!

We arranged to move on 25th April, 9am. But they did not turn up and their lines are down. After an hour and a half, i managed to get a few other movers' no.s and started calling them up. It was at 10:35am, when James of hua yong called me back. He gave me some incoherent, vague excuses and insisted that they're "on their way" and will arrive in 20 minutes time. I decided to give them another chance since the other movers can only help us in the late afternoon.

How wrong I was! By 11, I was calling them every few minutes, but was obviously ignored. I waited until 11:45 am, before my patience gave out. And I gave the other mover confirmation. It was after I made the confirmation, that hua yong called me back at ard 12pm, saying they would arrive in 10 minutes time. Boy, was I pissed! I told them not to bother coming, and asked for explanation. And the line was cut, just like that.

Further calls to them were deliberately ignored too. I finally text James, of hua yong, asking him of a reasonable explanation or a satisfactory compensation. It's been 3 days, I have yet to hear from them.

The new mover could only help after 5, and so we only reached our destination at 6 plus. It was because of hua yong's unprofessional and totally unreliable services that we took nearly 10 hours, just to move 3 bus stops away.

/rant

Edited by PC_Dreamer

For mover who have storage facilities that is cheaper as a package than outside DIY storage areas, can give frederick a call at 90611350.

Just to add on, this mover pack all of your fragile items for you, so if anything is broken in the moving process, they will be responsible for the damages, which I think is good. No harm asking for a quote.

Thanks for the contact. I already called them for a quote. The service is not bad. They have air conditioned storage facilities and insurance as a package, which suits me well. Pricing wise is mid range. They are not the most expensive, and not the cheapest.

Just let Lawrence know you are Sophia, Upper Thomson friend. He will definitely remember me..haha

the household that needs his men to climb to roof to take cartons!!!

HI, u can try Jadia, Lawrence... u cna try google. Or PM me for his mobile..

My own experience a mth ago..

Initally I dun like him cos he talked quite arrogant....then when the real job came... I am very very happy. I was so scared that one of my bag was misplaced...He went to the storage place at 7pm and take a pic and mms me to reassure me.

The price is good... ok...my entire household...24ft truck..so u cna imagine loh... he provided me with all cartons. There was only me and maid packing...he see already... he called another 3 men even the boss himself..so total 6men to help me pack into carton boxes. Some of my cupboards and sofabed were so old that I said I paiseh to ask them wrap...they still wrap it up for me.

And the price is good, including storage. A price that not convenient to reveal here...hehe He is nice as I told him I need a place to store as my temporary put up place is a small room in a backyard..so all my things were under rain and shine with a blue canvas to protect for 3 weeks. U know..when we opened some boxes..there were filled with worms..and the guys just proceed to clear the worms, sun it and pack. Thank god my books are fine.

He saw my temporary put up place really bad so thats why he gives me a good price..sympathy loh.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

For mover who have storage facilities that is cheaper as a package than outside DIY storage areas, can give frederick a call at 90611350.

Just to add on, this mover pack all of your fragile items for you, so if anything is broken in the moving process, they will be responsible for the damages, which I think is good. No harm asking for a quote.

I engaged 138 as my mover recently. The supervisor and the workers are all Indians. Although I told them which are the boxes containing fragiles items like light bulbs and glasses and specifically told them not to stack those boxes, they still did it nonetheless. Luckily i wrapped my stuffs very carefully, so nothing was broken during the move. I guess we can't trust the movers 100% and have to take precaution as much as we can?