Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Gotten my kitchen mixer, basin and basin mixer plus rain shower together with my chandeliers to save shipping costs.

My kitchen Mixer

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=8615299891&ali_refid=a3_420434_1006:1103167242:6:%CB%AE%C1%FA%CD%B7:1a2deea371e820a78898021df647b8d9&ali_trackid=1_1a2deea371e820a78898021df647b8d9

Less than $60. Where to find in SG??? :sport-smiley-004:

My Rain shower

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.d110.pSqe5X&id=2459651739&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.50008932&ppath=

I bought at RMB439. Now the price went back to RMB739. Wow. Best buy! :dribble:

My Golden basin

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.155.IMaFgi&id=12599000105

I cannot find this in SG but at the price I am looking at. No regrets!

My Golden tap

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.103.b9GuOL&id=3089710502

Swee swee. Hopefully it matches my golden basin!

Placed an order on 18 Mar, it should arrive in 3 weeks time. :dancingqueen:

Edited by lawrenceke

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My ID smsed me a good deal. She got a brand new kitchen sink available to give.

IMG-20130306-WA0002.jpg

Sounds like a very tempting deal but I had already set sight for the Blanco Metra 9 kitchen sink from Hoe Kee. So no choice but to reject my ID's offer. :dunno:

After rejecting the good offer, I made my way down to IMM to purchase the kitchen sink and arranged delivery on the 22 Mar afternoon.

22 Mar 2013

Tada.. My kitchen sink is here. :dribble:

2013-03-22131014.jpg

Opening up. Yes! I choose granite black to suit my black granite kitchen top!

2013-03-22130728.jpg

Overspent on my kitchen accessories. Hope my CFO don't... 8|

Hi,

Do u know if the mixer tap for kitchen is compatible with Singapore? The reason I am asking is because I purchased a mixer from US and my plumber said the thread and screw size for the water line is not the same size as what we r using in Singapore.

Us the Blanco sink Axia8? It looks similar to the one I bought :)

Wishing u a smooth Reno!

My ID smsed me a good deal. She got a brand new kitchen sink available to give.

IMG-20130306-WA0002.jpg

Sounds like a very tempting deal but I had already set sight for the Blanco Metra 9 kitchen sink from Hoe Kee. So no choice but to reject my ID's offer. :dunno:

After rejecting the good offer, I made my way down to IMM to purchase the kitchen sink and arranged delivery on the 22 Mar afternoon.

22 Mar 2013

Tada.. My kitchen sink is here. :dribble:

2013-03-22131014.jpg

Opening up. Yes! I choose granite black to suit my black granite kitchen top!

2013-03-22130728.jpg

Overspent on my kitchen accessories. Hope my CFO don't... 8|

Hi,

Do u know if the mixer tap for kitchen is compatible with Singapore? The reason I am asking is because I purchased a mixer from US and my plumber said the thread and screw size for the water line is not the same size as what we r using in Singapore.

Us the Blanco sink Axia8? It looks similar to the one I bought :)

Wishing u a smooth Reno!

Hi Snookie,

I believe it will fit because most of the taps that are selling in Singapore are from China. I had received and installed my rain shower and it fits perfectly. So i believe the rest of the accessories should fit without problems. :notti:

25 Mar 2013

I had received my goods from China! :dancingqueen: Didn't know shipping took 7 days to reach. Too anxious to receive the stuffs that i drove down to collect the items although it comes with free delivery service. :unsure:

2013-03-25195223.jpg

A total of 6 parcels. I was so amazed by the packing of the basin. It came with wooden crate to protect the basin and i need to spend 30 mins with the help of my ID and CFO to remove it.

2013-03-25211805.jpg

2013-03-25194851.jpg

Chio chio.. hopefully the gold plating does not fade over time. :rolleyes:

2013-03-25212903.jpg

My kitchen Mixer. Looks good at SGD$60. :yamseng:

Rain shower set also came in but never take photo. Will show the installation photo later.

Edited by lawrenceke

29 Mar 2013 Good Friday

Since it is Good Friday and public hoilday for everyone, me and my CFO spent this special day fixing up the chandeliers that we received on Monday. It was fairly easy to setup and the instructions were clear. But there are alot of crystals to fix up and we spent quite some time to get the whole chandelier up.

2013-03-29163747.jpg

With the help of my ipad and CFO, we assembled the chandelier up :dribble:

2013-03-29163738.jpg

2013-03-29165708.jpg

Now i finally understand why the shops are charging so high for the chandeliers in SG. Because the installation will take them alot of time as the bigger the chandelier is, the more crystals you have to install. However, i am not sure if the shops provide free installation if you purchase from them. :dunno:

After fixing up the passageway chandelier, we realised that it is not logical to install the chandelier with the crystals on it as it is too heavy. So we remove the crystals and pack them nicely back in the box. Although it sounds stupid to fix up and dismantle after that but we gained the valuable experience of fixing up. The other dining area chandelier and entertainment room chandelier are a breeze to setup once you get the whole picture on the setup. :yamseng:

Edited by lawrenceke

30 Mar 2013

Happy Saturday! My plumber is here to install the rain shower and kitchen pipings. Citygas is coming to install my gas heater and pipings and the electrician is coming to install the chandeliers. :sport-smiley-004:

2013-03-30174039.jpg

Rain shower up in mbr. Water pressure is good. Hopefully with the installation of gas heater, the water pressure stays this way. :dribble:

IMG-20130330-WA00091.jpg

Got disco lights on the smaller shower head. No batteries installed but running on the water energy theory. Not bad for the price i paid for. :dancingqueen:

IMG-20130330-WA0010.jpg

Citygas uncle doing measurements for the gas pipings.

2013-03-30175337.jpg

Got my Rinnai gas heater installed at the service yard. The gas heater placement does not block the hanger system when it is down. Neat :thumbs up:

Edited by lawrenceke

Electrician came to install the chandeliers.

2013-03-30174657.jpg

Passageway chandelier without the crystals. Was told not to install the crystals first as the painter will be here again to do some touchup so in order not to stain the crystals, it is better not to install them first. :unsure:

2013-03-30173047.jpg

See how bright it is at the passageway! I bet with the crystals up, the whole passageway should be wonderful! :dribble:

2013-03-30172859.jpg

Dining area chandelier up without crystals. One bulb is enough to lit up the dining area, there are a total of 6 bulbs. Not sure if the brightness can cover the whole of living room?

2013-03-30172949.jpg

It comes with LED lightings. 3 modes, Red, Purple and Blue. Comes with a remote for you to choose the type of lightings effect you want. Cool! :dribble:

Edited by lawrenceke

31 Mar 2013

ID emailed me the final design for my living room feature wall. It will have a marble effect laminate and a bottle shaped design shelving for my collection of vodkas.

IMG-20130311-WA0005.jpg

Looks nice? :dribble:

Shoe_cabinet_3a.jpg

I have asked for a 2ft full height shoe cabinet with settee done near the main door. Not sure how the final product will look like. :notti:

I saw this vodka sticker/ decal done up for one of the forumer house. Does anyone know where i can get this done? I PMed the owner but no response till now.

IMG_0432.jpg

Went to shop for the suitable sofa and coffee table for the new house. Had shortlisted a few selections but only the sofa from Hommage and Full House left us the deepest impression.

2013-03-19141622.jpg

This one from Hommage. It was initially our first choice but the price increased $200 plus when we asked before CNY period and now when i finally decided to purchase, the price went up and the sales person refused to drop price. :furious: Being abit budget tight due to my overspending on other home accessories, i decided to KIV the confirmation with Hommage.

Then we decided to visit Full House Furnishing again to decide on our second choice.

2013-03-30210254.jpg

This one looks abit crampy but the feeling on sitting it is excellent! It comes with 2 recliners and a long L shaped sofa. Price similar to Hommage and best part is that i can pay by credit card instalments at 0% interest. :dribble:

We also found a suitable coffee table to match the sofa.

2013-03-30210232.jpg

Small and nice. Got secret compartment..

2013-03-30210240.jpg

Swee swee service from Full House as well. So finally confirmed the deal with the same salesgirl that i bought my dining table from in Jan. :good:

The last piece of furniture yet to purchase is the King Size bed that me and my CFO are having headaches every night, thinking which to purchase. We caught sight of a Sealy brand bed from Courts and it costs a whopping 6K without bed frame. Ouch, i didn't know my CFO's taste is so 1st class! 6K for a bed. If i buy it, i will have burst my budget way way too much!

The current bed that i am sleeping right now is from King Koil. To be frank, i am not a fan of comfortable beds. Because when i am tired, i can sleep anywhere including the hard floor. :notti:

I am also a person where i will stick with the trusted brand that i had used before. So King Koil is naturally my first choice. We went to many places selling mattresses and only the mattresses offered in the King Koil Boutique @ City Square Mall caught my CFO's attention. Well, the price is not cheap as well. It costs a whopping 5K but it comes with bedframe. Original Price was 8K. Not sure how true is it? :P

I used my bargaining skills to push the price further down in the 4K range and sealed the deal. Abit heartpain after buying the bed because it exceeded my budget badly. Need to use my bonus to cover the overspending on my bed. :~

Hi Lawrenceke! U have bought many cool stuffs :dribble: wow!

Really enjoy reading ur progress :good: :good: :good:

My reno journey will start in Jun... :help:

29 Mar 2013 Good Friday

Since it is Good Friday and public hoilday for everyone, me and my CFO spent this special day fixing up the chandeliers that we received on Monday. It was fairly easy to setup and the instructions were clear. But there are alot of crystals to fix up and we spent quite some time to get the whole chandelier up.

2013-03-29163747.jpg

With the help of my ipad and CFO, we assembled the chandelier up :dribble:

2013-03-29163738.jpg

2013-03-29165708.jpg

Now i finally understand why the shops are charging so high for the chandeliers in SG. Because the installation will take them alot of time as the bigger the chandelier is, the more crystals you have to install. However, i am not sure if the shops provide free installation if you purchase from them. :dunno:

After fixing up the passageway chandelier, we realised that it is not logical to install the chandelier with the crystals on it as it is too heavy. So we remove the crystals and pack them nicely back in the box. Although it sounds stupid to fix up and dismantle after that but we gained the valuable experience of fixing up. The other dining area chandelier and entertainment room chandelier are a breeze to setup once you get the whole picture on the setup. :yamseng:

In your toilet above your shower head is that a box up to cover up the pipe? And what's the unusual pattern of that ?

Edited by lala81

how's the water pressure of your rain shower after connecting with citygas heater?

we are thinking to use rain shower + citygas heater but worried this combo might not work and waste money in the end.