Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

16 April 2013

Went to city square mall to pay up the remaining $ owed for the King Size bed. Received good service from the King Koil Boutique Lady who allowed me to pay a first time payment using cc then a 2nd time payment when the bed delivery is near. As i am using the Manhattan CC for the quarterly 5% cashback rebate, it is very useful to accummulate the 2 payments in 2 separate months.

After payment for the bed, went Best Denki for window shopping. There was an in-house promotion for Electrolux vacuum cleaner. It was selling at $39. Limited to 80 sets only and 1 set per customer!

20130416_211147-1.jpg

Service was excellent by the sales lady who demonstrated to me on the noise level of the vacuum cleaner. Sometimes when you shop for something cheap and it comes in first come first serve manner, i believe the sales person will not be bothered whether you want to buy or not as it is selling dirt cheap and everyone around you are grabbing the units.

Well, the noise level is bearable for the price, in fact i never saw a $39 electrolux vacuum cleaner before, not even a lousy malaysia made vacuum cleaner is priced like that. :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice light! I'm looking for my dining light. Do you still have the TB link for this light?

The links are in my thread, look carefully. :notti:

Buying from taobao used to be a breeze for me.. but the latest shipment for my mirrors and carpet is causing much delays and might not reach by this month.

Choosing the right seller in taobao is important, in fact i choose one of the reliable seller that sells mirrors specially in TB. After purchasing it since 10 days ago, the goods have not arrive at my friend's warehouse. After contacting the seller directly, they told me that they sent to the wrong location. WAHH!! Like that also can, they promised to resend to me yesterday but till not also no news.

It is really a heng suay matter. 2 big mirrors also can send wrong. Then if i never contact the seller directly, i will not know why the mirrors have not been received till now. :dunno:

16 April 2013

Went to city square mall to pay up the remaining $ owed for the King Size bed. Received good service from the King Koil Boutique Lady who allowed me to pay a first time payment using cc then a 2nd time payment when the bed delivery is near. As i am using the Manhattan CC for the quarterly 5% cashback rebate, it is very useful to accummulate the 2 payments in 2 separate months.

After payment for the bed, went Best Denki for window shopping. There was an in-house promotion for Electrolux vacuum cleaner. It was selling at $39. Limited to 80 sets only and 1 set per customer!

20130416_211147-1.jpg

Service was excellent by the sales lady who demonstrated to me on the noise level of the vacuum cleaner. Sometimes when you shop for something cheap and it comes in first come first serve manner, i believe the sales person will not be bothered whether you want to buy or not as it is selling dirt cheap and everyone around you are grabbing the units.

Well, the noise level is bearable for the price, in fact i never saw a $39 electrolux vacuum cleaner before, not even a lousy malaysia made vacuum cleaner is priced like that. :good:

I am also using this vacuum cleaner and a robot cleaner for my place. It is small, portable and quite powerful. Happy with it.... it certainly value for $$$ :)

Edited by potatoes

I am also using this vacuum cleaner and a robot cleaner for my place. It is small, portable and quite powerful. Happy with it.... it certainly value for $$$ :)

Oh, did you bought the vacuum cleaner during the promo too?

Buying from taobao used to be a breeze for me.. but the latest shipment for my mirrors and carpet is causing much delays and might not reach by this month.

Choosing the right seller in taobao is important, in fact i choose one of the reliable seller that sells mirrors specially in TB. After purchasing it since 10 days ago, the goods have not arrive at my friend's warehouse. After contacting the seller directly, they told me that they sent to the wrong location. WAHH!! Like that also can, they promised to resend to me yesterday but till not also no news.

It is really a heng suay matter. 2 big mirrors also can send wrong. Then if i never contact the seller directly, i will not know why the mirrors have not been received till now. :dunno:

Received a important call regarding the mirrors shipment, the goods are here and currently due for packing and shipping will take place in 1 or 2 days time. Good news for me, however I will not recommend to buy the mirrors from the TB seller to anyone because he is a irresponsible seller.

First I had to contact him directly twice to ask about the late delivery. Making 2 overseas calls to chase delivery!! He kept on insisting that the delivery is done but after checking, the seller realised he sent to the wrong address. Secondly, when I ask for refund, he wanted to bluff me saying he will send me another brand new set to the correct address. Instead of doing that, he went to retrieve the set that was delivered wrongly and sent it to my friend's warehouse. The packaging became super screwed up and my wooden crate protection is missing. When I called him regarding the wooden crate protection that I added extra money to protect the packaging. He brushed off saying that he sent in a hurry and wooden crate forgot to add on. He will refund me 20RMB, so I get someone else to repack it. :curse:

Now my friend have to find some professional packer to secure wooden planks onto the packaging to make sure that shipping over from china to Singapore is safe and sound. So "professional" service har!! :angry2:

Hi hi,

How much is the mirror at ur dining area? Also, where did u see the round coffee table with secret compartment ? Price?

Thanks

Mirror is close to 1K. Got from my ID. Coffee table from Full House, around $350.

17 April 2013

Brought the new vacuum cleaner back home to try out and Surprise!! the room doors are up!

IMG-20130418-WA0013.jpg

The veneer doors look clean and neat. But after a through check, my CFO found a few scars on the doors.

IMG-20130417-WA0006.jpg

Is it normal to have scars on the doors? Anyway, i had informed my ID. She will be changing it for me. :good:

The doors don't feel quite solid compared to the main HDB door, is it normal for veneer doors?

18 April 2013

Yeah! The granite top will be installed today in the late evening. Didn't know that the workers can work so late till i asked my ID and she told me that she wants to see the workers installing the granite top so that she can prevent any defects or scratches and she is only free in the evening. Wahh, so nice har.. gam xia dip dip. :good:

IMG-20130418-WA0007.jpg

2 workers busy doing the installation. I chose black galaxy granite top. Don't know from which country..

IMG-20130418-WA0016.jpg

Kitchen Sink undermount. Looks good.

IMG-20130418-WA0015.jpg

Workmanship not bad, they even created a outline for my gas pipe boxup!

IMG-20130418-WA0017.jpg

Overall view of my completed kitchen. :dancingqueen:

The glass panels for my tv console are also up. Overall effects are good.

IMG-20130418-WA0011.jpg

The shelving between the red bottle design is also black glass.

IMG-20130418-WA0010.jpg

Not sure if the shelving can tahan my vodka collection. Time to bring the collection to test it out. :notti:

19 April 2013

Was in Shell petrol kiosk in the morning to pump petrol and saw the magazines rack displaying my ID's house. Woohoo, my ID's house appeared on the front page of Squarerooms magazine again!

45319_10151362908678587_111762823_n.jpg

April Issue. So recent onez. Nice!

Some views of the house.

207384_340844059366301_20197591_n.jpg

559881_340846722699368_1628179777_n.jpg

28987_340855502698490_1253299914_n.jpg

Went a couple times to my ID's house to choose paint colours and laminate designs. Didn't really take a closer look in her house. Squareroom really took great photos to showcase my ID's house. :good: Design is daring and choice of colours made the house look cosy and comfortable.

For forumers who PM me for her contacts, please get a copy of Squarerooms magazine April Issue! You will get a review of her designs and a showcase of her own designed house.

Edited by lawrenceke

Wah! U engage new nyew to design ur hse?!! Her work is excellent.. Planning to engage her when my hse is done approximately nex year.. Btw.. Is she expensive? Hehe. :)