Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

13 April 2013

Spent the entire weekend fixing up the crystals for the chandeliers. In total, i bought 3 chandeliers from taobao. The price is roughly $700 for all 3 chandeliers including shipping. My electrician fixed up the plates and connections while me and my CFO decided to fix the crystals up ourselves as it looked interesting and challenging.

We started off with the passageway light, as we had attempted to setup on Good Friday before, the setup was smooth and we took a mere 30 minutes to fix up all the crystals. :drunk:

Picture of it without lighting

2013-04-13202055.jpg

Lights up!

2013-04-13202209.jpg

My plain passageway breathe new life with this simple piece of art

2013-04-13202200.jpg

100% satisfation! The effect turn up really good but both me and my wallet. :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The dining room chandelier posed a big challenge. It comes with 60 crystal balls and 82 pieces of square crystal strips. Linking them up took me and my CFO a hour to do so.

2013-04-13211522.jpg

Hanging them up one by one is another challenge. Have to do it one row left, one row right to balance the lighting plate.

2013-04-13215316.jpg

Finally completed the whole process in another hour! :dancingqueen:

2013-04-13234115.jpg

I bought the 80cm by 22cm version. Looks awesome and relieved that it made my plain looking dining mirror looked so awesome! :yamseng:

Lights up! Swee Swee po pi pi!

2013-04-13232737.jpg

Faced the most difficult to fix up chandelier in my entertainment room aka the Grey Room. Why is it difficult since i had fixed up 2 chandeliers without fear? The reason is simple. Because my electrician did not screw up some important parts of the chandelier and fixed up the light onto the ceiling.

I have to figure out how to fix the important parts which includes using a screw driver to screw the parts without disassembling the base plate. After trying for 30 minutes plus cutting my finger along the process, i got so pissed off that i dismantle the light from the ceiling!

This time round, instead of doing the normal way of fixing crystals on top of the ceiling.. we do it the other way round since the light was removed and we got the luxury to fix the crystals on the floor.

With the help of my father-in-law and CFO, i managed to fix back the chandelier back to the ceiling with all the crystals. Wow, it is so heavy!! :bangwall:

Initial Chandelier outlook. 8 pieces of glass panels to hold glass crystals are not installed.

IMG-20130412-WA0014.jpg

Final Chandelier outlook with everything up

2013-04-14161357.jpg

Lights up!

2013-04-14161932.jpg

Looks really cool right? Effort paid off for installing this piece of chandelier. It took us 2 hours plus just to get it up! :bow:

It comes in many lighting modes and a remote control is given to control the lights. Button 1 is to on the LED functions, Button 2 is to on 2 of the energy saving bulbs, Button 3 is to on the other 4 bulbs at the side and Button 4 is to On/Off all the lights. In total, there are 6 light bulbs to light and you have the option to choose how many bulbs you need to lit the room.

The LEDs also change colour to suit your mood.

2013-04-14212804.jpg

2013-04-14212800.jpg

2013-04-14212754.jpg

2013-04-14212740.jpg

Really awesome to install this chandelier, 110% satisfaction as the light did not burn a big hole in my wallet. Found something similar to this chandelier in one of the shops in Balestier. Guess how much is the price? $800!! :jawdrop: Well, i got it at $200 plus installation. More than 50% discount! This is the main reason why i wanted to get the lights from overseas! If you dare to take the risk and willing to part off with the warranty... this is the satisfaction that i am talking about! :notti:

you're really put in a lot of effort to fix up your lights. u bought them from TB? or other online shops?

it's true wat u said, the balestier shops are way overpriced. i think we should educate those pple who buy their lights there. lol!

you're really put in a lot of effort to fix up your lights. u bought them from TB? or other online shops?

it's true wat u said, the balestier shops are way overpriced. i think we should educate those pple who buy their lights there. lol!

yupz, i bought from taobao. Not only balestier shops are overpriced, in fact the whole of SG is overpriced! But kind of think of it, the shops have their reason to sell that expensive. They have rental, electricity, water, workers' salary and delivery charges to pay. Then when they bring in from China, they have to cover the loss if the goods came in bad quality. Who don't want to earn? Well, if you are willing to take all these risks. Then buying online is the best choice. :yamseng:

yupz, i bought from taobao. Not only balestier shops are overpriced, in fact the whole of SG is overpriced! But kind of think of it, the shops have their reason to sell that expensive. They have rental, electricity, water, workers' salary and delivery charges to pay. Then when they bring in from China, they have to cover the loss if the goods came in bad quality. Who don't want to earn? Well, if you are willing to take all these risks. Then buying online is the best choice. :yamseng:

To add on this point, i saw someone selling locally online recently on these chandeliers. No shop overheads and no advertising costs, the fellow actually sold slightly cheaper than the shops. Best part is that he keeps on spamming different fb groups to advertise his products. Really disgusting. Do watch out all your purchases and do your homework before buying anything online. Not all are cheap and good.

Can someone tell me if buying chandeliers locally or locally online got free installation and warranty?

Hi,

Care to share which agent did u use to ship the items over to Singapore?

I got my friend staying in China to help, i used hoyoyo and peeka on some bigger stuffs. Tried 65daigou too but service very expensive and they tend to charge you more on the packaging. Overall experience with peeka is the best cos they call you immediately when the goods reached Singapore and got rebates if i do self collect myself. None for hoyoyo and 65daigou.

There is another forwarder, Amcon that other forumers recommend to me, didn't try out because i don't have taobao account and if you get Amcon to buy for you.. they charge you $10 per link. So i rather rely on pple to help me buy and send the stuffs to me. :thumbs up:

I got my friend staying in China to help, i used hoyoyo and peeka on some bigger stuffs. Tried 65daigou too but service very expensive and they tend to charge you more on the packaging. Overall experience with peeka is the best cos they call you immediately when the goods reached Singapore and got rebates if i do self collect myself. None for hoyoyo and 65daigou.

There is another forwarder, Amcon that other forumers recommend to me, didn't try out because i don't have taobao account and if you get Amcon to buy for you.. they charge you $10 per link. So i rather rely on pple to help me buy and send the stuffs to me. :thumbs up:

Love the lights effect! What was the size for the passageway light you have there? Very temp to get too.

I intend to use peeka.

Can share what was the shipping cost they charged you?

Love the lights effect! What was the size for the passageway light you have there? Very temp to get too.

I intend to use peeka.

Can share what was the shipping cost they charged you?

The size was 30cm. Shipping cost is spilt among my other stuffs so i got quoted $85 for 8 items. Shipping is about $10 plus per item. If you intend to purchase, buy other items to share the costs. It will be cheaper this way.

The size was 30cm. Shipping cost is spilt among my other stuffs so i got quoted $85 for 8 items. Shipping is about $10 plus per item. If you intend to purchase, buy other items to share the costs. It will be cheaper this way.

Thanks for the tips.

i also wanna know where the sticker of the vodka is being done.. so nice... as hubby also a vodka collector and would like to do something like that in our future home which is 3 more years..... hehe...

:dribble: :dribble: Nice! Going to buy from TB liao. I had a shock of my life when i saw the $$ local r selling... Super expensive...

:dribble: :dribble: Nice! Going to buy from TB liao. I had a shock of my life when i saw the $$ local r selling... Super expensive...

Yes, i agreed. The price i paid in SG for one chandelier can use to buy 2 or 3 more spares chandeliers in TB. :jawdrop: