Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

11 April 2013

Today the carpentry guys came to install the woodwork as early as 10am. By the time I reached home after work, the kitchen was up.

2013-04-11194530.jpg

Nice lime cool laminate with white cabinets brighten up my vision immediately :dribble:

2013-04-11194543.jpg

The other side of the kitchen cabinet which holds my kitchen sink

2013-04-11175518.jpg

I had gotten the ID to do up a full height cabinet to hide the pipes access point and to store all my detergent stuffs.

2013-04-11194655.jpg

Tested all the drawers and cabinet doors.. Working perfectly fine! it comes with full Blum System which my ID told me it is lifetime warranty. No wonder the kitchen burnt me a big hole in my pocket.

Granite top will be up in a few days time but first, I need to get my Tecno salesman to deliver my hob and hood by tomorrow for the carpentry guys to do measurements. :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My mum's wardrobe has been installed. The colour theme really suits the jade green bedroom. My mum will love me for the setup I had created for her. :sport-smiley-004:

2013-04-11170830.jpg

Comes with a pull-out mirror at the side of the wardrobe. All carpentry comes with Blum railings and colour pvc laminates. :dancingqueen:

IMG-20130411-WA0010.jpg

My master bedroom wardrobe is up too. Nice white flowery pattern with frosted glass panel door. Glad that the design I chose, didn't disappoint me. :yamseng:

2013-04-11171734.jpg

2013-04-11171606.jpg

CFO kept praising how her selection of wall colours and the colour of the wardrobe brighten up the master bedroom. I can only praise her once the bed is here. Reason is because we boldly selected pure white pvc bed frame for our beloved King Koil Bed. Not sure if the white can stay pure forever! :notti:

Edited by lawrenceke

Toilet vanity also partially up. Nice marble feel recommended by my ID. The same laminate will appear for my shoe cabinet as well. :dribble:

2013-04-11175937.jpg

Really excited for the whole setup to be completed. My daring purchase of the golden basin and mixer should match the marble style and hopefully not too overwhelming when my "special" mirror comes. :notti:

Shoe cabinet with settee half done before the carpentry guys decided to rest for the day.

2013-04-11194015.jpg

Part of the TV console have been setup. As promised by my ID, the whole console will be up tomorrow. I must prepare to bring my collection of vodkas over to test the durability of the feature wall. :good:

2013-04-11193957.jpg

Pardon my english..

I mean, did your painter just screw the opening out?

Don't knw if u know.. Just need I sw it out??

The unbearable urge kicks in when you done lots of online purchases and is addicted to it. It is so much convenient and lots of similar products can be searched and look at the same time. Best part is the price is also much much cheaper but only disadvantage is you cannot touch and feel the product before buying thus not sure about the quality. But if you are willing to take a risk and choose the most reputable seller to purchase from, you are about to experience the most satisfaction that $ cannot buy. That's Taobao shopping. :notti:

After the first shipment came in for my lightings, kitchen mixer, basin and rain shower and the quality is so similar to what you get in Singapore at super discounted prices. The temptation is here again when I need mirrors for my toilets. My friends are quite shocked when I told them I bought my home stuffs from china directly. The first question they popped out is .. "huh, you not scared that they come in spoilt or bad quality?" .. "Wah, you are **** daring. Not scared you tio scammed meh?". :jawdrop:

Well, when you have an ID whose house stuffs are also purchased from taobao. You are more encouraged to try this interesting route that most dare not risk.

Ok, enough of wall of texts that bore the thread.. here's another dosage of photos for the things that are coming up for my new abode. :dribble:

Am looking for long mirrors with golden frame to put in my mbr and common room toilets. Went to ikea, Sim Siang Choon and other furniture shops to find but they are either dimensions not good or the frame looks plain.

2013-02-23182241.jpg

2013-02-23181930.jpg

From ikea. Plain and normal just like their prices. :rolleyes:

2013-02-22204200.jpg

Simple and straight forward. Similar to what my dining mirror looks like but price not cheap.

After looking high and low for suitable mirrors and nothing caught our attention... I resort to Taobao shopping again. In fact, me and my CFO did not want to buy from TB cos mirrors are very fragile stuffs. Not sure if the items can tahan the shipping all the way from china. But No risk no gain.. so we went ahead and search in taobao.

T2HmnCXkXaXXXXXXXX_664744445.jpg

T2NwloXnXMXXXXXXXX_664744445.jpg

T22fCCXgRbXXXXXXXX_664744445.jpg

These are the ones that caught our attention. Dimensions are right, prices also right! :notti:

Immediately placed a order and added into my shopping list! :dancingqueen:

Thanks! I shall try it out one day.

Also, nice kitchen you have! :thumbs up:

Yes, just a simple Philips screwdriver will do the trick. :sport-smiley-004:

Always love the feeling of having carpet under my sofa. But I had already overspent on my budget.. So taobao shopping again..

T2MxtUXXdeXXXXXXXX_373203826.jpg

Found this carpet at the price of $70 and many people are buying from the seller. haha, mai tu liao! :dribble:

T2P6qMXeBbXXXXXXXX_373203826.jpg

T2hB_qXgdaXXXXXXXX_373203826.jpg

Photos looks good, not sure how the quality is..

I gotten the 米黄色 1.6*2.3米300D超细丝 x 1 version. Hopefully it is good.

Edited by lawrenceke

wow. what's the damage to your pockets till date?

Never really done a proper calculations but past the 40K mark already. Reno plus all the things i bought. Still got more addons coming up. CFO confirm 8| me soon.. :~

12 April 2013

Early in the morning I received a call from Tecno, informing me that the hob and hood will be delivered to me today. Really thumbs up to my Mustafa salesman as I called him around 11pm yesterday and he arranged it immediately for me.

For most salesperson I encountered in my life, normally after you bought your stuffs from them.. their services will stop after that. Then if you want delivery or other requests, they will refer you to their other departments that deal with these matters. You are just like a ping pong ball that is been thrown elsewhere. I really thank for the excellent service that I gotten from him. That's our Singapore service standard mah!! :good:

IMG-20130412-WA0009.jpg

Hob is installed while hood will wait for the granite top to arrive

IMG-20130412-WA0010.jpg

My free Gift from Tecno or should I say from the Mustafa salesman? Strange that I went Hoe Kee and Mustafa on the same day during one of my window shopping trip. A decent bathroom accessories shop, Hoe Kee have no free gift, service standard is pushy and price is norm where Mustafa, a big departmental store got free gift, service standard top notch and no pushy behaviour. Who will you give business to? :dunno:

Carpentry continues today for my feature wall and shoe cabinet. Everything will be complete today. So excited as the design of the feature wall is a combination of modern and classic look. Something that I have never seen in magazines or online. :dribble:

Uncle took a hour or 2 to prepare the laminates and drawers

IMG-20130412-WA0004.jpg

Finally the wall is partially up

IMG-20130412-WA0003.jpg

My red bottle design.. Awesome! :jawdrop:

IMG-20130412-WA0022.jpg

Workmanship is top notch for the red bottle. No joint lines are seen. I was told that the carpenter cut the shape out from the laminate to create the no joints effect. :good:

IMG-20130412-WA0021.jpg

When I was discussing with my CFO on the feature wall design initially, all we want is something simple and able to store my vodka collection. Then my ID shown me this creative design that totally blown me away. Thanks to the design and made it happened! I really :bow: to your daring creativity!

The more I see the feature wall, the more I like it. Modern and classic look. Well Done! :dribble:

IMG-20130412-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20130412-WA0012.jpg

The marble effect blends in with the bold red signature bottle which creates the 2 significant effects. Just like a red bottle lying on marble flooring :o

Edited by lawrenceke

Shoe cabinet was completed too with the firm red settee, another marble design with classic red theme

IMG-20130412-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20130412-WA0006.jpg

Talking alot about the toilet vanity with marble laminate finishing and best of all.. my "Golden Basin" . Wanted to create the 金盆洗手效果 so my basin is Golden, Mixer is Golden, even the water catch is Golden. :dribble:

IMG-20130412-WA0020.jpg

Chosen white top for the vanity, mirror with golden frame will be added to complete my toilet design. :dancingqueen: