Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The house is really progressing very nicely

The living room flooring and bathroom tiles is a very good choice :good:

Hope to see more updates soon

• Like 1

Kompacplus is nice looking! But my uncle contractor disapproves... Sigh.. He kept asking me to take granite

Kompacplus is nice looking! But my uncle contractor disapproves... Sigh.. He kept asking me to take granite

Relatively new product. Of course not as popular as quartz or granite cause it's not really 'tried and tested' yet. We had initially went for kompac plus... Then to quartz.... And now I'm back to kompac plus.... Lol. I have a granite dining table top though haha. Still able to give you that industrial look if you want. ;-)

Here are some more updates to our renovation. Basically the tiling works are done. No pics of my lovely blue floor tiles in the living. My contractor has covered them with corrugated paper. But still some pictures to document the end of the first stage! There are some issues with my grouting colour in the kitchen though. It was supposed to be darker in colour. I'm going down on friday to confirm and hopefully I will like the colour enough to proceed to next stage of renovation. If not, the contractor will have to remove the whole thing and re-tile. :angry:

28 May 2014

Kitchen works. White subway with grouting too light for my liking. ROAR! :angry2:

v31xx.jpg

The fridge curb is up!

5a1i0.jpg

View from the kitchen. Very bright!

6rdac.jpg

The common toilet. I just want to show the kerbs. LOL
bot8k.jpg

The master bathroom, with concrete screed tiles. Basin and WC off, pending for delivery from Heritage!
ytb2y.jpg

The green bean we sprayed all around during the first day we opened the door. After so many weeks, against all odds, it sprouted from within the mini sand bund my contractor made! :lol:
zi1f.jpg

More pictures of our kitchen. It's the only place with most of the work done.

qoh3n.jpg

The other side...

uyjmk.jpg

The washing kerb...

af6s.jpg

There are still a lot of things pending...

- Aircon piping

- Electric works

- Water heater

- Brick wall

- Carpentry

- Lights/fans installation

It's really an exciting, tiring, learning journey! Little did I know there are so much knowledge and things to do behind building a home together with your loved one. Logistics, money, time, management, etc. Happiness, unhappiness (when reno things don't really go according to your plan). Alright I am a perfectionist. But hey if I am paying so much, I should at least get what I wanted right?! ROAR. Sorry just grumbling from some reno hiccups. :furious:

On another note, all my lights from TaoBao are arriving soon soon soon! Just paid the second payment and we should be seeing those babies in less than a month's time. Let's hope and pray this has no hiccups! I'm using OOPS.sg btw. Quite nice and very fast replies and follow-ups. And cheap too! Shipping by the volume and via sea, even cheaper. I would highly recommend for the service I've experienced up till now. Will update once I received the goods!

• Like 1