Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sheila Ong

^^home For The Beans^^

Hi peeps

I've been following Renotalk for a long time. Quite a few forummers have received pms from me asking about abt this & that. Thanks to all who have provided me with valuable & detailed information, ideas and knowledge to my future renovation. I've just rented out my unit and in 6 months time it'll be my turn to do up my dream home. Though it's a bit kiasu to start my reno blog so soon, :D hope you guys can stay with me & give some ideas and comments. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Hi :)

Mayb u could upload ur floorplan & we all can kaypo wif ideas :)

:dancingqueen:

Hi rdnest

Thanks for visiting! i'm trying to figure out how to upload an image.. haha.. will try to upload shortly..

floorplanner.jpg

This is my own design created in Floorplanner. Cant upload the original floorplan from HDB i think because it's in pdf format. Will try to scan it in later.

Feel free to give some comments or ask questions if you dun understand my design k? Hehe..

Edited by iluvmybeans

hi Beans, i tink i am the 1st to welcome u. Spam Chop. oh 6 mths still a long way to go. you are not anxious to start the reno soon, and to stay there meh?

hi Beans, i tink i am the 1st to welcome u. Spam Chop. oh 6 mths still a long way to go. you are not anxious to start the reno soon, and to stay there meh?

Hi Pinklady, actually i'm really anxious to renovate my home until swee swee. But hor renovation needs alot of money :bangwall: so i think while collecting rent i can save at the same time ma. Hopefully i can save enuf to renovate after the 6 months. Hee.

I dunno how to upload my plan from Floorplanner leh. Can anyone kind soul teach me? :notti:

Hi Pinklady, actually i'm really anxious to renovate my home until swee swee. But hor renovation needs alot of money :bangwall: so i think while collecting rent i can save at the same time ma. Hopefully i can save enuf to renovate after the 6 months. Hee.

I dunno how to upload my plan from Floorplanner leh. Can anyone kind soul teach me? :notti:

Hi iluvmybeans,

Welcome!!

This is what I usually do.. I press the 'printscreen' button on my keyboard, paste it to the program 'paint' and then save it as a picture file. Afterwhich, I will upload the picture to the photobucket and then paste the photobucket link here (under the picture).

Hope it helps. :D

By the way, me and hubby also at the initial phase of planning the reno. Hee.. only difference is that we already shifted in. Where are you staying now?

Edited by Rasp

Hi iluvmybeans,

Welcome!!

This is what I usually do.. I press the 'printscreen' button on my keyboard, paste it to the program 'paint' and then save it as a picture file. Afterwhich, I will upload the picture to the photobucket and then paste the photobucket link here (under the picture).

Hope it helps. :D

By the way, me and hubby also at the initial phase of planning the reno. Hee.. only difference is that we already shifted in. Where are you staying now?

Hi Rasp

Thanks for the great idea. I go try it out soon. Hee hee.. Wa you and your hubby power leh move in then reno wun be very dirty & inconvenient? I'm still staying with my in-laws now. Their place is at Jurong East. My new home at Bukit Batok central. They would prefer us staying with them la but i want my own place, the sooner the better. Haha but i want to renovate my home until swee swee so have to save up for reno. What about you? How come so fast move in liao?

My original floorplan from HDB

originalfloorplan.jpg

I'll be hacking the wall between Master Bedroom & Bedroom 3 to do a walk in entertainment room & WIW. Shiok!!!

Edited by iluvmybeans

ohhh so lucky!! can have entertainment area and WIW.

Hi Ivy

Actually we wanted to put a pool table in that room but due to space constraints & the fact that we both love Karaoke, we have decided to create an entertainment room instead.

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to sound proof a small room? Do they make the walls sound proof or? Cos 1 side of that room is the back of my WIW and the other is the partition for my TV so i only have 2 walls to do sound proofing. Wonder if it's feasible. :dunno:

Not so lucky la just that now still young & my baby is only 1 yr plus. Dun need so many rooms YET. Hehe..

Wah Congrats on your new home. Nice layout you're planning for!!

Hi pinkpetter

Thanks for the compliment! Hopefully things will go smoothly & my house really turn out the way i had planned it.

I've been reading your T-Blog too. Very impressed by your postings and effort put into your home. I'm sure your family must be really happy to stay at your new home. Oh ya your kitchen has left a deep impression on me. Very unique & pretty! :good:

Hi pinkpetter

Thanks for the compliment! Hopefully things will go smoothly & my house really turn out the way i had planned it.

I've been reading your T-Blog too. Very impressed by your postings and effort put into your home. I'm sure your family must be really happy to stay at your new home. Oh ya your kitchen has left a deep impression on me. Very unique & pretty! :good:

haha thanks thanks.. it's nice to design and plan for your own home.. then there's some satisfaction right? :)

I like how you've planned your WIW to go into the bath like that... And having your MBR in the room behind is better... Putting all the bedrooms together. Great planning.

My kitchen? it's normal for now.. going to do a nice dining in it soon :)