Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

my house was renovated by baroque recently , but using diff ID .

my comments are , in terms of service , still acceptable , i will give them 7 out of 10 .

For workmanship wise , I would say not really good . will give them 5 out of 10 .

The project not finished on time , 3 weeks delayed from the job schedule, and somemore I have to keep chasing them to finished the things .

For the design ideas , I would say nothing outstanding . I think It may be due to the price that we pay for .

so overall I have abit dissapointed with the renovation. :(

hi could u msg me your ID who did this?

thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have engaged Sunny from Baroque as my ID for my new house. The carpentry will be up next week and then reno will almost be done; things on on schedule for now. Prices are stated quite clearly on the quotation. And if there are variations (adding/deleting of items) to the quotations, it is also reflected. So far so good.

I have engaged Sunny from Baroque as my ID for my new house. The carpentry will be up next week and then reno will almost be done; things on on schedule for now. Prices are stated quite clearly on the quotation. And if there are variations (adding/deleting of items) to the quotations, it is also reflected. So far so good.

Hiyo! Congrats to ur smooth Reno works! Any pics to show??

Hihi, can anyone PM me or email me ( jocelyn_wanlin@hotmail.com) Sunny's contact? Thanks in advance! =)

Edited by nylswaj

my house was renovated by baroque recently , but using diff ID .

my comments are , in terms of service , still acceptable , i will give them 7 out of 10 .

For workmanship wise , I would say not really good . will give them 5 out of 10 .

The project not finished on time , 3 weeks delayed from the job schedule, and somemore I have to keep chasing them to finished the things .

For the design ideas , I would say nothing outstanding . I think It may be due to the price that we pay for .

so overall I have abit dissapointed with the renovation. :(

Who's the ID that u engaged? Can pm if it's inconvenient to post here, so that I can at least avoid engaging him/her. Thanks!

Reading all these sounds scary...

However, I been receiving v eager emails from an ID that I decided to give him a chance to meet him...

I dunno now...Having mixed feelings now but shall see how he presents his work 1st... Hope he will not waste my time...

IDs who are eager to work for you are better than those who don't show any interest or have a take it or leave it type of attitude.

But I can appreciate your concerns becox what happens if the ID changes his attitude for the worse after you signed on with him.

I'm currently in 3/4 stage of reno with Baroque. Our ID is Andy, a very laid back person but things were done systematically. Not pushy and tries his best to accommodate to our "leceh" request. We've given him a rather short time line (about 4 weeks) for a major overhaul but rite now almost everything is up. To sum it up.."So Far So Good!" ;)

Anyone has got experience with this ID?

After sourcing around over the last few months, it seems like I'm going to sign with them.

Very competitive pricing and willing to give to a few extra items.

Managed to liaise directly with the designer and offers a lot of ideas.

Any comments?

QUOTE (r348 @ Dec 15 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
didn't want to post any comments, but what happened recently was the last straw.

Main recent problem: their electrician (not sure if it's theirs as paid the cheque to the ID's name and not the co) installed the switchboard with a different sized tester switch. as it was not the same brand as the rest of those smaller switches, the height is different, therefore the long piece of connector below those switches that connects them all could not secure properly to the tester switch as it was higher. so after 1 yr with the current not being able to flow properly finally blew and burnt the tester shorting the whole circuit in the house. lucky i was home and there was no fire. so my advise is to make sure the switchboard brands are all the same.

Other minor problems:

1) more than 20 hollow tiles. excuse was, wet that time won't know, only dry already then will know. come on lah, it's the amount of cement put and the mixture that dictates whether it sticks properly or not.

2) supposed to wall mount TV in room, but partition wall guy forget to put extra wood in the partition to fix the rack. in the end have to put on console that was fixed on the partition wall. too heavy so cracked the jointing part of the console and partition wall.

3) carpentry guys smoked and threw ciggies on the tiles AFTER i have replaced the hollow ones leaving burnt marks that can't be removed. 2 spots.

others can't be bothered to mention.

anyway no matter how good the firm is, as long as they employ incompetent sub-cons, it's all the same shoddy work being done.

Remember more than a year ago, how you slammed me about being a ghost writer when I shared my experiences. Now you understand what I went through. Not laughing at your misery, cos I totally understand the shoddy work done by their subcons and how the ID don't supervised their subcons.

There are a few hollow tiles in my house and they chipped 2 kitchen floor tiles. When I asked the ID to redo them, the excuse he gave for not re-doing it is that when the subcon take out the hollow tiles or replace the chipped tiles, it would affect the tiles surrounding the tile they have to remove. So what is the use of the ID ordering so many extra tiles (think I still have 4 packs of each tiles still sitting in my storeroom)?

The wiring for my alter table had burnt out so many times (the bulbs even burst) and I had to get their electrician to come to replace. In the end I got an external electrician to solve the problem. I don't even want to talk about their capentry work which will make me boils. Waiting for a few more years and I will definitely do a re-renovation. Oh! The a few pieces of the skirting tiles in my living room came out 2 years back. I didn't bother to call them, just DIY cos I don't want to deal with them any more.

It is my luck to deal with that particular ID and I had to do a rush job at that time of my renovation. Learnt a tiring and valuable lesson.

What you said was true.....everyting so bad very poor workmanship they only come to work around 3 to 4 pm,delay the work and so slow very regretfull